Sponsored

What Happens If your order does not get built in 2022, do we lose our place in line?

coldstorage5

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Fit, 2012 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi, I put an order for a Lariat 360, spray bed , Alto blue 2022 Truck. Placed it on 10/16, put $500 down. Call Ford in Detroit a few times, they had no info, Wrote my dealer once a month and they have no info. He always says no news.
My question is what happens if we get to August and they have not built this order, Do I stay in line and get a 2023, or do I lose my place and have to start all over ?
Sponsored

iwantmymav

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You stay in line, I believe. I ordered a day before you. At this point, f*** it I might as well get pushed to a 2023.

OP
OP

coldstorage5

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Fit, 2012 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi, No one else has info on this? Please and Thank you

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So long as you keep the order active when/if it comes time for your dealer to transfer it over to a '23 and make no major changes to it (such as switching from Eco to hybrid, for example), those orders move to the head of the pack. My understanding is that deferred order procedure will be opened up and handled before the official start date for fresh '23 orders.

Sponsored

unlimited

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't trust that we will save our place in line. Just like when they came out and said they were building as ordered but forgot to mention the per allotment part. They keep small town dealers small and big volume big. It's a joke.

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
So long as you keep the order active when/if it comes time for your dealer to transfer it over to a '23 and make no major changes to it (such as switching from Eco to hybrid, for example), those orders move to the head of the pack. My understanding is that deferred order procedure will be opened up and handled before the official start date for fresh '23 orders.
That is not realistic IMO. Constrained orders from dealers who are not a volume seller won't get any special attention. I think my soon to be rolled over Lariat AWD Lux will be still unscheduled well into 23 while they crank out more basic builds from their favorite dealers. Ford hasn't been on the level with any of their "announcements".

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
They should hold their order date from 2022. But it's hard to tell. I noticed on the Bronco orders that were carried over from 21 to 22 that all the carry over orders have receipt date of 10/8 where 22MY order bank opened 10/18. So I don't know if all left over orders will have the same receipt date when they are added to 23MY orders.

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500/Maverick ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am happy to hear this as I have just changed my 2022 order over to a 2023.
I dumped my spray in bedliner and I had to change my paint to area 51 blue. I am still worried that it will be 2024 before I ever see my truck. Most of the Maverick news is out of America, up here in Canada we hear even less then you.
Sponsored