Sponsored

What happens if we don't get our MY2023?

MaverickHopefulOwner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been thinking about what I would do if my MY2023 Maverick order isn't filled? I have a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee and really like it. Since I wasn't looking for a new vehicle, I didn't even know about the '22 Maverick and the awesomeness until after the order banks closed. When I found out the features and price and how it looked, I was sold. I waited over 9 months to order it. Got my order in. Love my Jeep, but super excited to get the Maverick.

What do I do if I don't get it or pushed to MY24? Ford go way out of ahead of the pack with the low-cost options and just took all the orders. But other truck makers are not going to ignore this market demand. I bet big $$$ that Toyota and at least Chevy would come out with solid competitors before MY24. What would you do if other options are available?
Ford Maverick What happens if we don't get our MY2023? Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 7.13.23 PM
Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Keep on waiting, or look for alternatives. What else can we do?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Buy something else. Simple as that.

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The appeal of the Maverick was the value, what you got for your money. With prices steadily rising and the difficulty ordering one, other vehicles are becoming more attractive and lessen the Mavericks appeal.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The appeal of the Maverick was the value, what you got for your money. With prices steadily rising and the difficulty ordering one, other vehicles are becoming more attractive and lessen the Mavericks appeal.
Agreed. Once the Maverick hits Tacoma prices, why bother with a Maverick? Ford has to keep the price down for the entire model to make sense so there always will be demand.

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford also went of its way to say: "Please note that there is no intention of providing a MY Transition offer for those customers who do not get their 23MY Maverick retail order built and need to re-order a 24MY, regardless of COVP approval status".

With the lack of allocations they are forecasting for many dealerships, it seems like there could be a lot of 2022 orders that don't get filled in 2023, and won't have any priority for 2024.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So if my 2023 Hybrid never comes I here Toyota will have one by 2024 . So then will see what it looks like and its price and if its hybrid. Maybe a 4 wheel drive hybrid. That cost less By by Ford then. But its all guess work now. If my 2023 doesn't come I wont bother with a 2024 order from ford as they cant deliver. If nothing by Toyota either then I keep what I have now. forget a new vehicle till after this crazy world settles down in 2026??

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500/Maverick ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford also went of its way to say: "Please note that there is no intention of providing a MY Transition offer for those customers who do not get their 23MY Maverick retail order built and need to re-order a 24MY, regardless of COVP approval status".

With the lack of allocations they are forecasting for many dealerships, it seems like there could be a lot of 2022 orders that don't get filled in 2023, and won't have any priority for 2024.
I ordered a 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid in velocity blue, today I had to change it over to a 2023 in area 51 blue and I dumped the spray in bedliner. My priority code is 19, I heard on YouTube that orders have to be closer to ten to get a magic VIN tag; I am worried that my Maverick could be a 2024.

Sponsored

MetalThunder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ecoboost AWD Oxford White
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Safe to say the "Custom" order model and supply chain shortages don't mix.Bad Timing. If these problems persist another year I wouldn't be surprised to see custom orders scuttled, build what they can and send them to dealers begrudgingly pivoting to what they were trying to dismantle.. Not everyone can wait on an order. Especially the demographics this truck was aimed at.
Just my 2 cents

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Driving a 14 year old Ranger, still solid but won't last forever. I'd probably take my $$ and go find a gently used Tacoma, for the long term durability though the Tacoma is still really too big for me. Wait for some competition, though I don't see any on a realistic horizon.

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Honestly I would start looking at a used subaru outback or forester

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since no other vehicle currently on the market suits my specific needs as well as a Maverick, I'd probably look for one on the used market, or bite the bullet and pay the extra costs to upgrade to an F-150 hybrid.
Sponsored

Last edited: