Sponsored

What happens if we don't get our MY2023?

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Keep my 2019 Forester and pay it off.
Sponsored

AUDIOZONE

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, ranger, mustang, maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ranger?

Reactions: GRB

Sounder206

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Walk.

Reactions: GRB

Fuzzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger, 87 f350
Like many folks on here I had ordered a 22 Maverick early on. It was to be my first new truck in 20+ years to replace my current 2000 Ranger XLT 4x4 with 200k miles, so I wanted it to be special and treat myself to some upgrades. I went with the eco-boost XLT AWD with FX4 package, tow package, Luxury package, heated seats, hard Tourneau cover, mudguards, bed liner, bed mat, upgraded rims, co-pilot goodies etc etc....This was not in no way to be a base model and the price had grown but it is what I wanted in the end. So, the waiting process begins.
Then the first dreaded email arrived, that due to supply shortages some items on order may slow down the process, so figuring I could always get some items through the aftermarket once I get the truck, I dropped some of the items such as the Tourneau, bed liner mud guards...The wait continued. Watching so many folks get their build dates vins and even their trucks on here gave me hope for the 22. Then like many I received the email/news about production ending and the choice to order a 23. Okay so thinking it through figuring it was getting late in the year and maybe for 23 some fist model year kinks would be resolved and hopefully constraints will be a little eased I opted to wait and order a 23.
Then I began to become disillusioned when learning the order is not automatic, there is not a preferred list and the vague responses of when order banks would open, or even what is the incentive for customers with 22 orders. I had the reality that prices would increase too but was also ok with that. So, I still wanted to wait and place an order for my loaded XLT.
Finally, the order banks open and what is this? I cannot spec out the XLT the way I wanted to originally...I looked at it from several angles, sure I could compromise and drop some things, but living in the rural north the heated seats are really nice....do I upgrade to Lariat and get some of the things I want ...now the price is climbing even higher...And then the thought it still might be a long wait or even more dreaded not get built due to shortages or dealer allocations. I said that is the final straw.
I called Toyota. The dealer was ready to help me with a build or show me some inventory they had...we set up a time and my wife and I went down the next afternoon and in stock was a truck that suited me just fine. There it was in "Army Green" staring at us as we arrived... when we walked inside the showroom, the dealer was assisting another customer but tossed me the keys to have a look at the Tacoma. At first glance it checked all the boxes, 4-wheel drive, good ground clearance, nice rims, mudguards, side steps, emblems and other items blacked out...Then walking around it and opening tailgate....it's got 6 ft bed with a hard fold Tourneau, bed liner, bed lights, 110/inverter, tow package (4 and 7 pin 6800lbs), storage cubbies, bed mat, rail system and oh look notches to put boards across in the bed (note that is not a new concept even 2000 ranger had those)
Entering the cab, nice interior, oh look it even has a manual transmission, nice! Start it up go for a test drive......mind you this whole time the salesman has left me alone which is really cool.
Finally, he comes out and tutors me an all the features, heated seats, wireless charging, lane scan... My android phone synched within seconds... I glaze over as this truck has everything I wanted on my original build and way more.... even comes with 2 year no cost maintenance.
Needless to say, I bought it and drove it home the next day.
Sure, I did pay a bit more, but really not much if I you consider I had to do all the upgrades or then even add-ons from aftermarket like Tourneau etc... to get the Maverick to how I originally wanted it.
I still would have liked to get the Maverick, and I wish all who have placed orders that they get their trucks, but I am super happy with the decision I made. What I now have is great and has more goodies and features than I had planned on and there is not a thing I can think of that I even need to add to it at the moment.

Sponsored

rjvandoel

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cruze LT 16, Odyssey EX-L 23, Maverick XLT 23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Honestly if it doesnā€™t come in 23 I might eat my 500 dollar deposit and go with a Tacoma. I canā€™t wait till 24 for a new vehicle. Iā€™ve got a teenager driving in April and we promised her the Cruze. In retrospect I wish my wife hadnā€™t driven it into the ground. It was a lease and we had no choice but to finance with the amount of miles it was over. Iā€™d feel better if my daughter got my Corolla lease because that Cruze is a pos with so many gremlins.

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The appeal of the Maverick was the value, what you got for your money. With prices steadily rising and the difficulty ordering one, other vehicles are becoming more attractive and lessen the Mavericks appeal.
For me the appeal was the 42 MPG hybrid. If Ford had not offered a hybrid Maverick I would not have purchased a Maverick. Currently there's nothing that competes with the Maverick that offers a hybrid and it appears there won't be anything competing with the Maverick hybrid for several more years.
I like my hybrid Maverick Lariat Lux so much that I place the order for a second one. (This time in Cyber Orange) I was late to the game this time around so will I ever see my Cyber Orange 2023 Maverick hybrid? That certainly not a sure thing.

RedRider

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion, 2023 Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agreed. Once the Maverick hits Tacoma prices, why bother with a Maverick? Ford has to keep the price down for the entire model to make sense so there always will be demand.
The Maverick is the only small truck at this point that actually fits in a standard garage. The Tacoma is about a foot too long, just like the Ranger and the Colorado. The Tacoma is also way more expensive and uses twice as much fuel. The new model has reduced quality compared with older ones, and is no longer a recommended purchase. It is better at off-road, if that's what you want your truck for though.

OT18

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Escape, Ecosport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid in velocity blue, today I had to change it over to a 2023 in area 51 blue and I dumped the spray in bedliner. My priority code is 19, I heard on YouTube that orders have to be closer to ten to get a magic VIN tag; I am worried that my Maverick could be a 2024.
I've been a priority 10 since day one: still waiting!

Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A few comments. Lets start with competition / The now shown Tacoma is a 2024 model,. Its NOT a 2023 . So WHY would anyone think toyota would have a new 2024 small truck if it were NOT announce or at the very least real leaked info? They wouldn't. So if Toyota has something it won't be until 2025.

Another toyota note. Toyota Importers are NOW adding BS ad ons the dealer used to try and you could refuse like Mud Flaps and rubber floor mats and edge guards. These ad up to 500 to 1000 dollars. They are on the NEW sticker they put on and can NOT be refused. They even do it on the new Cross Hybrid YET its built in GA. Inside the usa. Neat trick to have a grand of import BS when its NOT imported. Yes parts are so they install mud flaps on the fender before assembly, lol. NO. WHY say all this EXPECT another grand on any pickup from Toyota you won't see on toyotas web page.

Now if no 2023 Mav then order a 2024 July 17th I think is the date. Yes price will go up again. BUT hopefuly they shut banks down before to many orders. Now that i am scheduled in July for my 2023 my girlfriend wants one so I plan to order a 2024 for her. She wants it fancier than my basic xlt build.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So if my 2023 Hybrid never comes I here Toyota will have one by 2024 . So then will see what it looks like and its price and if its hybrid. Maybe a 4 wheel drive hybrid. That cost less By by Ford then. But its all guess work now. If my 2023 doesn't come I wont bother with a 2024 order from ford as they cant deliver. If nothing by Toyota either then I keep what I have now. forget a new vehicle till after this crazy world settles down in 2026??
The crazy world may settle down sooner or later but as in the past when it does it will have moved on to a new norm and mankind will adapt to it. The neanderthals moved on as evidenced in our DNA. The Mayans moved on. The earth is moving on in its approximately 26k year wobble traveling around the sun. Was the "Mayan end of the world" simply the completion of their estimate of the completion of their estimate of their current wobble?

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Safe to say the "Custom" order model and supply chain shortages don't mix.Bad Timing. If these problems persist another year I wouldn't be surprised to see custom orders scuttled, build what they can and send them to dealers begrudgingly pivoting to what they were trying to dismantle.. Not everyone can wait on an order. Especially the demographics this truck was aimed at.
Just my 2 cents
Exactly! I don't get the continuing custom ordering of things that don't exist. Make what you can make get them to the dealer and we can buy them. Nobody is getting exactly what they want anyway. People stripping down their trucks just to get something. Or ordering a base model with mud flaps and never getting it or be told why because of rubber FLOOR MATS?
Sponsored