Sponsored

Anyone having rust issues with their Maverick?

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good morning. I'd like to look into your rust concerns on my end. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer to get started?
So, any news yet on FMC correcting the rusting underneath???? With an August 29 date at this point, I would LOVE to know it will be corrected by then!
Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, any news yet on FMC correcting the rusting underneath???? With an August 29 date at this point, I would LOVE to know it will be corrected by then!
Ford warranty policy clearly states that underbody surface rust on frame or chassis is not warrantable.

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford warranty policy clearly states that underbody surface rust on frame or chassis is not warrantable.
Understood.
But Forum member "Ford Motor Company Official Ford Account Dearborne MI" said "Good morning. I'd like to look into your rust concerns on my end. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer to get started?" to Forum member Camit12010.
This makes me think "Ford Motor Company" desires to not only help Camit12010 deal with his rust but maybe get FMC that he works for to correct the problem so future builds don't have that issue, and I was asking about that.

OP
OP

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided
I believe so at this point.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
@Ford Motor Company Does Ford think that leaving bare exposed metal (which I have, and that is rusting as well) is acceptable? My current white Mav appears just like all the prior pics shown in this thread, maybe worse. It saw at least two months of salt-brined roads in Jan-Feb. Give this a year or two and it will be a nightmare. There is also rust starting in the pinch welds below the doors very close to these same areas. NEVER have seen this before or so soon on ANY of the dozens of vehicles I have owned
..except for one. It brings back nightmares of my 1986 Toyota pickup rust-bucket. And DON’T say this is a $20,000 truck. That line is nothing but đŸ‚đŸ’©

Sponsored

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
80% of dealers won’t cover this. The 20% that will agree to do something will sand the spots and spray an undercoating on the areas, then send you on your way.

just do it yourself. They aren’t going to re-dip your truck in electrostatic corrosion solution and apply new paint on the pinchwelds.

this will happen to these areas everytime we rotate tires, change oil and brakes etc., and use a floor Jack and stands. I think it’s normal.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
I looked at my XLT/FX4 today and it has a nice shiny coat of grey paint/primer in the ares shown. The pinch. welds also look fine, rust free. My ute does have sound deadening panels on both sides under the passenger compartment.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I looked at my XLT/FX4 today and it has a nice shiny coat of grey paint/primer in the ares shown. The pinch. welds also look fine, rust free. My ute does have sound deadening panels on both sides under the passenger compartment.
What was your build date ?

Sponsored

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
What was your build date ?
I got a confirmation email on 3/31 that it was built.
Cactus Gray XLT AWD with 2 options, floor matts and FX4.
Do all Mavericks have the sound insulating panels?

OP
OP

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided
I got a confirmation email on 3/31 that it was built.
Cactus Gray XLT AWD with 2 options, floor matts and FX4.
Do all Mavericks have the sound insulating panels?
If you are talking about the underneath I believe so.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Ford Motor Company Does Ford think that leaving bare exposed metal (which I have, and that is rusting as well) is acceptable? My current white Mav appears just like all the prior pics shown in this thread, maybe worse. It saw at least two months of salt-brined roads in Jan-Feb. Give this a year or two and it will be a nightmare. There is also rust starting in the pinch welds below the doors very close to these same areas. NEVER have seen this before or so soon on ANY of the dozens of vehicles I have owned
..except for one. It brings back nightmares of my 1986 Toyota pickup rust-bucket. And DON’T say this is a $20,000 truck. That line is nothing but đŸ‚đŸ’©
I had a 1980 toyota pickup. that thing was a tank and I'd still be driving it except for all the body rust.

Lugnut

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just call it, [Intentionally engineered unwarranted failure.] This is what it is! Believe it or not!

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
80% of dealers won’t cover this. The 20% that will agree to do something will sand the spots and spray an undercoating on the areas, then send you on your way.

just do it yourself. They aren’t going to re-dip your truck in electrostatic corrosion solution and apply new paint on the pinchwelds.

this will happen to these areas everytime we rotate tires, change oil and brakes etc., and use a floor Jack and stands. I think it’s normal.
Normal? No. There are plenty of other brands that show rust like that but only after several years and tens of thousands of driving miles. Some brands show no rust at all. This is 100% an issue of how the metal was treated prior to painting. Ford knows how to properly treat metal. This is either due to cost savings measures or manufacturing defect. Whatever it is, it is not normal nor is it acceptable.
Sponsored