Sponsored

Anyone Disappointed With Their Maverick? If so, why?

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I’d prefer a stripped down XL manual with nothing about all those options I didn’t need/want. Seems like e-docs could be auto generated based on the build info.
Sponsored

Oakland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish I could complain, but my wife has taken over my truck and I don't get to drive it. I'm thinking about getting a base XL for me.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not dissatisfied with the Maverick yet, but I am dissatisfied with the Owners Manual. It's to convoluted. There should be two separate manuals for Eco boost and Hybrid with sections for XL, XLT and Lariat detailing standard equipment and options available for each model and specific operation of each option.

I know they tried to save time and money creating this broken novel, but I have read hundreds of technical manuals in my career, but this has to be the worst. Good technical writers would never have submitted anything this bad for publication. This needs a redo for 23 with better writers and editors. IMHO
It's fine considering no one can be bothered to read anything these days...

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not sure whats more concerning, that you think you personally hobby-horsed enough computers together to diagnose a reliability trend no one else has, or that you were ripping your friends off by selling 8 year old computers for cost.

Probably the second one.
You obviously aren't very knowledgeable about computers, possibly not at all, or at the least have no historical knowledge about building them. My point is proven solely on the component warranties alone. 15 years ago, all computer components had very long warranties. RAM was lifetime, hard disk drives were 5 years, motherboard 3 years, and video cards 5 years (some were lifetime). Not too many years after production shifted mostly out of Taiwan, warranties dropped to 1 year and some to 90 days. Do you think companies would offer much shorter warranties because their quality has improved? As for me ripping off friends, my 7 or 8 years old desktop pcs which I sold to friends for $400 would run much higher end video games (I. e., quality graphics), had lots of storage, a bunch of RAM and would run video games which a store bought pc costing $700 had no chance of running because my PCs were all separate components with few integrated components. Plus, I had upgraded the video cards a couple times before I sold them which is usually the most expensive component in a gaming pc. And since I started building PCs before the tech bubble burst, buying quality pc components was subsidized by tech investors and every component I ever bought came with a significant mail in rebate greatly reducing the cost of each build. I had a 4 inch stack of copies of mail in rebates. Of course I'm not really explaining myself to you because you have no idea what I'm talking about, but others may be interested in a little pc history of the "good ole days" of building gaming PCs.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You obviously aren't very knowledgeable about computers, possibly not at all, or at the least have no historical knowledge about building them. My point is proven solely on the component warranties alone. 15 years ago, all computer components had very long warranties. RAM was lifetime, hard disk drives were 5 years, motherboard 3 years, and video cards 5 years (some were lifetime). Not too many years after production shifted mostly out of Taiwan, warranties dropped to 1 year and some to 90 days. Do you think companies would offer much shorter warranties because their quality has improved? As for me ripping off friends, my 7 or 8 years old desktop pcs which I sold to friends for $400 would run much higher end video games (I. e., quality graphics), had lots of storage, a bunch of RAM and would run video games which a store bought pc costing $700 had no chance of running because my PCs were all separate components with few integrated components. Plus, I had upgraded the video cards a couple times before I sold them which is usually the most expensive component in a gaming pc. And since I started building PCs before the tech bubble burst, buying quality pc components was subsidized by tech investors and every component I ever bought came with a significant mail in rebate greatly reducing the cost of each build. I had a 4 inch stack of copies of mail in rebates. Of course I'm not really explaining myself to you because you have no idea what I'm talking about, but others may be interested in a little pc history of the "good ole days" of building gaming PCs.
I'm afraid I'm a bit more than a hobbyist when it comes to computers. Enough to see through this gibberish anyway.

Have a nice night

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not dissatisfied with the Maverick yet, but I am dissatisfied with the Owners Manual. It's to convoluted. There should be two separate manuals for Eco boost and Hybrid with sections for XL, XLT and Lariat detailing standard equipment and options available for each model and specific operation of each option.

I know they tried to save time and money creating this broken novel, but I have read hundreds of technical manuals in my career, but this has to be the worst. Good technical writers would never have submitted anything this bad for publication. This needs a redo for 23 with better writers and editors. IMHO
It’s true! I’ve already found numerous errors in the manual and I don’t own it yet. The biggest offense, so far, is the seat belt chime instructions which don’t work. The instructions ended up being found somewhere else not connected to the Maverick. Safety nuts, this has nothing to do with turning off the seat belt and everything to do with the manual being wrong.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
oh dear…you need to step out of 1999 and into 2022. COMP USA died a long time ago.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
It’s true! I’ve already found numerous errors in the manual and I don’t own it yet. The biggest offense, so far, is the seat belt chime instructions which don’t work. The instructions ended up being found somewhere else not connected to the Maverick. Safety nuts, this has nothing to do with turning off the seat belt and everything to do with the manual being wrong.
ROB,

I read through the manual last night and I finally realized the book was a book of "WARNINGS" with some information on about 2 vehicles with different packages and options, but mostly WARNINGS.

When did we get to the point that lawyers write technical manuals for the auto industry?

The manual would be the size of a normal information booklet that the owner could easily look up information on the truck, instead of the size of a novel.

Bayview boy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caravan, Envoy, Focus
I doubt the guy with the blown transmission, or the one with the blown engine, are thrilled. Both of those were posts I've seen here on this forum, but don't have links handy.

There have been numerous other complaints, such rattling hoods, loud engine noise, lack or insulation between cab and bed, lack of barrier to prevent salt and mud from being kicked up into rear tail light area on driver's side, etc.

So, I think it's safe to say the Maverick is not a perfect vehicle and is not batting 1.000 on reliability or customer satisfaction.

That said, the VAST majority of owners certainly seem pleased, and I remain enthusiastic about purchasing my truck should Ford ever build it.
We have NO issues at all with our hybrid. Driving in our neighborhood is pretty tight with vehicles parked on both sides of the road. Apparently, the Maverick thought that I was too close to a vehicle while weaving in and out to let passing cars through. I didn't think that I was that close. The collision avoidance system said that I was too close.

OP
OP
Joe Rambo

Joe Rambo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai SF
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Mav has spent over 8wks of its short 16 week life at (2) dealerships to fix the parking brake sensor ($7,000 + in parts replaced) and replacing the recalled "tapped" fuel tank. While I understand a good portion of that wait is due to supply chain, it's still very disappointing for a new $33K vehicle. FOMOCO is offering a buy back based on the NJ lemon law, but I'm not sure I want to entertain that since I won't be able to find a replacement easily (and I've dumped a good amount of aftermarket mods on it).
Sorry to hear you're having issues; hopefully everything gets straightened out and you enjoy your new truck...

Sponsored

Colleen

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Love the ride. Hate the noises it makes all the time. Click clunk knock bang. No one in it and no fob anywhere close. Battery noise? I don't think so. It sits for hours and makes noise. The Bluetooth drops every 5-10 minutes and music stops and the little screen rolls around looking for my cell phone.....which is six inches from the dash. And the most irritating thing......it seems to lunge when stopped with my foot on the brake. Other than that...... it has no secret little places to put change or anything that you don't want seen or jingling around. Cup holder or big Center thing. But I love my little truck.

Ford Maverick Anyone Disappointed With Their Maverick? If so, why? 35877BC2-C814-4DD4-BFF0-1EBE47256A3F

Ford Maverick Anyone Disappointed With Their Maverick? If so, why? 517A7067-53E6-477D-86B4-25B074137CF6

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have my Maverick just quite yet (another week or two!), but I'm disappointed the vehicle does not have turn signal lights in the side mirrors.

I think it wouldn't have costed that much more to do and I'm all for more visibility/safety in a world where half the drivers are spending more time looking at their phones than the road.

Should have at least came with the co-pilot360 package seeing as they were already wired up anyways for the BLIS (blindspot detector)
Agree lack of side mirror signals is disappointing...

Brad4life

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
I just bought my Maverick XLT from CarMax this past Friday. Sieve 6 1/2 hours one way to get it.
I’m going to return it to CarMax. I don’t like the auto cut off and w end when it”s disabled the truck does not have a smooth start to it. It’s seams to struggle no matter which mode I’m in form a stopping point
I love the look and feel of it, it the eco boost engine is making me uneasy, so my gut is telling me to take it back to CarMax and get my refund. I traded in a 2014 Honda CRV and that had a much smoother engine in it.

I’m really disappointed. I’ve been looking forward to having a truck. Oh well, I’m gonna trust my gut on this one.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
No one is disappointed.

Next!
Sponsored