Sponsored

Annoying "Some functions are disabled when moving....." warning.

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Now that I have my Maverick, I see what the OP is referring to VERY clearly!

Has anyone come up with a way to disable this? It is very distracting and I find myself looking at the screen when it appears. Isn't there a way to report this as being a safety hazard?
Sponsored

OP
OP

whtnrdy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now that I have my Maverick, I see what the OP is referring to VERY clearly!

Has anyone come up with a way to disable this? It is very distracting and I find myself looking at the screen when it appears. Isn't there a way to report this as being a safety hazard?
Unless there is an update that I am not aware of, turning off the Ford Pass through the Sync system is the only way.

troynm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat hybrid, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's happening to me and my phone is not connected to the car. I'm just listening to the FM radio. I'm not touching anything or changing anything. It just regularly pops up. I think one guy mentioned every time you slow down almost to a stop or stopping. When you speed back up or move from a dead stop it pops up.

troynm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It appears that it was an issue with my iPhone/IOS. I just happened to receive my new IPhone 13 last night, set it up to mirror my old phone, and this morning no warnings at all. Which is how it should be. Just like other cars I have driven, whatever settings they don't want to you adjust are disabled when the car is moving, no need to pop a warning every time the car stops or slows down.

My old phone was an XR, and I assume it had the most up to date IOS possible so not sure where the problem was.
It does it to me and my phone is not connected to the truck at all. Not Bluetooth and no plug-in to USB jack.

Ricstar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No issues here. Only seen a pop up if I am messing with the touch screen

Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It does it to me and my phone is not connected to the truck at all. Not Bluetooth and no plug-in to USB jack.
Sorry if this was mentioned already but there has been at least one software update, I think you can do the update yourself with your phone. Maybe that was a glitch they fixed?

troynm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry if this was mentioned already but there has been at least one software update, I think you can do the update yourself with your phone. Maybe that was a glitch they fixed?
Update for the phone or update for the Maverick software?

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I get the pop ups constantly. I was just thinking today how annoying it is and then saw this thread :)

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update for the phone or update for the Maverick software?
The Maverick infotainment software update. Sorry I made it more confusing discussing the phone, but you may need the phone to provide a data connection for the head unit to download the update, I could be wrong, I hope someone else knows what I’m talking about and can give a link to a thread or explain better.

Sponsored

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
turn off the invasive Ford Pass and the pop ups will stop.
Yes. Turn off ford pass, close it in your apps on the phone and it will stop. Another way to make it stop for me is to switch from CarPlay to the fm radio and back. Takes five seconds and it goes away.

troynm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick infotainment software update. Sorry I made it more confusing discussing the phone, but you may need the phone to provide a data connection for the head unit to download the update, I could be wrong, I hope someone else knows what I’m talking about and can give a link to a thread or explain better.
OK, the truck is connected to my home Wi-Fi so I should be good to go.

VGMP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Has anyone found a permanent fix for this yet?
I like physical CDs and I rip them to MP3s as soon as possible. I have a very small USB drive in my Maverick with all of my music. The Maverick, when still, locates all of the files quickly and the Sync 3 interface is easy to use for finding the album that I want. However, It really stinks to be forced to choose what album I want to listen to before starting on my way with NO way to change while moving. It really isn't that big of a distraction.

I've heard some people mention disabling the FordPass app, and it may come to that. I like having the app connected, but now it's a question of which features I want to give up. There has GOT to be a way to keep the app connected AND to be able to navigate my music selection.

JamesD

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 XLT 2.0 Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I too have been getting that annoying "For your safety..." pop-up whenever ANYONE in the car touches the screen when the car is moving. I would understand it for the driver to not use the screen when driving, but for the passengers? Seems like overkill. I mean, what do we do on a long road trip? Stop the car, park it, and then change music albums/artists?

I took it to the dealership and after 9 days they said there's nothing they can do about it. They also said if I disabled FordPass then I would no longer get that message. So the technician basically said my options were to have a fully functional radio, or I could have the FordPass app that starts up my car with the AC on (Houston heat is brutal). So I disabled the FordPass and yet I STILL get the pop-up that prevents everyone in the car form using the screen.

Anybody having the same issue, or should I take it back to Ford and complain again? Or did I just get a crummy technician with his "sucks to be you" attitude?
Sponsored