40% Markup?

optikinescant

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat AWD FX4, Kia Niro EV
Hey this one again! This dealer reached out to me about this exact Maverick when they got it, because I had inquired earlier about a customer-ordered model they had listed on their site and sold. They texted me when this one came in a week after that inquiry, and said they 'had my maverick ready for me', only for me to find out they marked it up.... $14+k. Apparently, their claim was that they had to buy this from another dealer and that the cost was a combination of that plus market adjustment due to demand and short supply. They are out of their minds.
Sponsored

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
I'm confused, how is this a 40% markup?

FE with a bunch of options is more than $40k so where is this math happening?

Sponsored

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
These gouges are self-inflicted.

Part of the "gotta have it, gotta have it now" culture.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Cad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why does this upset anyone? You don't have to buy it. The dealerships are dying on the vine. Laying off people left and right because they don't have enough cars to sell. They are simply trying to stay in business.

Times are tough. Tough things happen. Sheesh.....
Good, let them dealerships die off. Hire the salesperson at salary for test drives and viewing, delivery of your vehicle. They’re unnecessary at this point anyway. I’d rather buy it straight from Ford and bypass the dealer stupidity anyway.

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why does this upset anyone? You don't have to buy it. The dealerships are dying on the vine. Laying off people left and right because they don't have enough cars to sell. They are simply trying to stay in business.

Times are tough. Tough things happen. Sheesh.....
I remember reading not too long ago that the dealerships themselves are not doing too bad, but the manufacturers were losing out big time. With the price per transaction having drastically increased, they are doing quite well. It's the sales/finance staff that they no longer need since they have fewer transactions. Which yes, is bad for those that are getting laid off.

Sponsored

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
The sticker is $36,600 and they are marking it up $14,600 which would be roughly 40%.
I thought I remembered a fully loaded mav making it to 40k+ msrp but I guess not, just tried to config one as close to this as possible and came to 37 so I guess that's right lol. My bad.

Thunderdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
II have to laugh I like my Maverick but it’s priced fairly at sticker price. Anything over is laughable to me. It’s an economy truck, the most exciting thing about it is cost. If it is reliable then it’s done exactly what I need. Why or how dealers are getting mark up prices on any vehicles is crazy to me. Had a loaded bronco wild track for a day while the Maverick had a window replaced, incredibly fun. Drove it 200 miles that day, most fun I have had in a vehicle but I wouldn’t pay over the 54k window sticker even for that. I would cross those dealers off for any future business myself.

HybridOnOrder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to be: Maverick XLT, Lux PKG, Moonroof, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone complaining about this pricing OBVIOUSLY didn't look at the window sticker. They're throwing in a free front license plate bracket for Christ's sake.
YOU THINK THOSE COME CHEAP?!?!?!?!?

LOLS.jpg
And it says on the bottom the first oil change is on them. Sounds legit

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
Looks like time for petitioning local govt to remove monopolistic laws that prevent multiple dealers in a certain area. The excuse that "we need to do that because we need to protect buyers from not having branded service shops" is poopoo. You could buy an after market extended warranty serviceable by any national repair chain including Ford dealers. Yes I would order online a vehicle from any approved Ford dealer whose delivered price to my front door was 40% less than my local dealer. What would happen to that dealer if he had another dealer across the street and a for sale sign across the intersection that said "six acres zoned for dealership with 10year tax abatement.
Or just do away with the dealership protections altogether and allow, for an open and free marketplace. Imagine if you had to go to a dealer for an iPhone, rather than being allowed to buy from Apple.