Dealer Markup

2022SportTrac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Sport Trac
I've seen a couple of ads for Mavs over sticker but most of those have been not real. That is, when you inquire on them they are not for sale but are customer cars so it doesn't matter how much over sticker the ad says. This one apparently is available and for $10k over sticker. Unapologetically apparently. So I tweeted at Ford to see if they think that is OK Tweet Link

Ford Maverick Dealer Markup kunes
Sponsored

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cesar DNGAF

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
I've seen a couple of ads for Mavs over sticker but most of those have been not real. That is, when you inquire on them they are not for sale but are customer cars so it doesn't matter how much over sticker the ad says. This one apparently is available and for $10k over sticker. Unapologetically apparently. So I tweeted at Ford to see if they think that is OK Tweet Link

kunes.jpg
If it's an open market vehicle what does it matter? Something is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. The whole world has gone mad when someone is willing to pay $300,000 for an NFT of a whale made by a 6 year old. I don't really blame these dealers for adding an ADM to an available Maverick. Now, if it was a special order that someone agreed on a price with a dealer and then they hit them with a surprise ADM? Not cool but in this case, I'm pretty sure they'll probably get their 10k markup.

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it's an open market vehicle what does it matter? Something is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. The whole world has gone mad when someone is willing to pay $300,000 for an NFT of a whale made by a 6 year old. I don't really blame these dealers for adding an ADM to an available Maverick. Now, if it was a special order that someone agreed on a price with a dealer and then they hit them with a surprise ADM? Not cool but in this case, I'm pretty sure they'll probably get their 10k markup.

10k to a lot of people is nothing. It’s probably like 2 bucks to me.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
10k to a lot of people is nothing. It’s probably like 2 bucks to me.
When you have people regularly paying 30k over on the full size Bronco it must be chump change for some. People in this day and age want their "things" and they want them now! Look at an iPhone when a new version comes out. People pay five, six, seven hundred over asking to get one from resellers before having to wait like everyone else. With this latest delay in shipping for Hybrid Mavericks, if you have one you could probably sell it for way more than you paid for it.

Sponsored

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When you have people regularly paying 30k over on the full size Bronco it must be chump change for some. People in this day and age want their "things" and they want them now! Look at an iPhone when a new version comes out. People pay five, six, seven hundred over asking to get one from resellers before having to wait like everyone else. With this latest delay in shipping for Hybrid Mavericks, if you have one you could probably sell it for way more than you paid for it.
ADM on a maverick sort of defeats the affordable small truck idea imo. But lots of rich people out there.

Goose20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Think I will sell my hybrid 700 miles .. Rattles all over interior Very annoying...

Samus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Think I will sell my hybrid 700 miles .. Rattles all over interior Very annoying...
If you noticed, this guy was banned, and his post was almost 2 years ago...