Loneoak

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
4711 Old Douglasville Rd Lithia Springs Ga 30122
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
New to the forum. Looking for some advice here. I'm planning on ordering a 2023 XLT hybrid ASAP. Looking to just add in the spray in bed liner, floor mats, and the 400W outlet. Will I be able to order this online on August 2nd? And does anyone have any advice on ordering online vs in person at a dealership?
Did you ever get a good answer about ordering online vs in person. I have the exact same question as I plan on ordering as soon as I can,
Sponsored

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That "announcement" was a page from the Fleet Distribution page. It was confirmed by Ford that both will open up 8/2.
Since I work in Parts, I wonder if I have access to that information. I did a search on the site and couldn't find anything. Will definitely have to prod my salesman and dig a little deeper myself.
I want my order in on day 1, and if it means I sit down after I punch out the day before to sort it out, that's what I'm willing to do.

Thank you for sharing the information!

I found it! Yes, Ford does plainly state more information on ordered '22s and the handling of those orders as well as the '23 order bank opens August 2nd. Awesome!

Last edited:

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you ever get a good answer about ordering online vs in person. I have the exact same question as I plan on ordering as soon as I can,
My dealer said order it on fords sight then come in and do the actual order . I will be online at Aug 2nd 12:01 am place order then first thing that morning go to dealer.

wayne2970

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since I work in Parts, I wonder if I have access to that information. I did a search on the site and couldn't find anything. Will definitely have to prod my salesman and dig a little deeper myself.
I want my order in on day 1, and if it means I sit down after I punch out the day before to sort it out, that's what I'm willing to do.

I found it! Yes, Ford does plainly state more information on ordered '22s and the handling of those orders as well as the '23 order bank opens August 2nd. Awesome!
Does it specifically say Hybrid or both?

wyouger

First Name
Williard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger
New to the forum. Looking for some advice here. I'm planning on ordering a 2023 XLT hybrid ASAP. Looking to just add in the spray in bed liner, floor mats, and the 400W outlet. Will I be able to order this online on August 2nd? And does anyone have any advice on ordering online vs in person at a dealership?
Ford does not have online ordering. They did have online "reservations" for the new model year but after you did your "reservation" you were put in contact with a dealer to actually place the order. Online "reservations" will not be taken for 2023 model year

If I were you I would leave out the spray in bed liner and floor mats. These can be added aftermarket. The liner is a major constraint item and will probably continue to be so. It may not be available for 2023. It already has been removed from the 2022 Lux package. Check out the slide in liner. I'm looking forward to it if I get moved to a 2023

Sponsored

AdventureBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 KIA Sportage
Yes, someone said to order from a Dealer. I called my local dealer and they took a preorder, and said that they'll call me on August 2nd to submit it formally. I'm planning on either calling them or going in on the 2nd to do it as quickly as possible.

Loneoak

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
4711 Old Douglasville Rd Lithia Springs Ga 30122
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
Yes, someone said to order from a Dealer. I called my local dealer and they took a preorder, and said that they'll call me on August 2nd to submit it formally. I'm planning on either calling them or going in on the 2nd to do it as quickly as possible.

Thanks for the info, all of you!

bluedevilruss

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche LTZ, XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Can you share a screenshot of the blurb on the fleet distribution page? My dealer keeps saying 8/15!

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford does not have online ordering. They did have online "reservations" for the new model year but after you did your "reservation" you were put in contact with a dealer to actually place the order. Online "reservations" will not be taken for 2023 model year

If I were you I would leave out the spray in bed liner and floor mats. These can be added aftermarket. The liner is a major constraint item and will probably continue to be so. It may not be available for 2023. It already has been removed from the 2022 Lux package. Check out the slide in liner. I'm looking forward to it if I get moved to a 2023
Are you saying you wont be able to build your 2023 on August 2nd on the Ford website then pick dealer? Then go into dealer for actual order? I thought that is the procedure. I new you could also go into dealer and have them, build while you sit there. but I would prefer to build it myself. then go to dealer same day to placer order.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you saying you wont be able to build your 2023 on August 2nd on the Ford website then pick dealer? Then go into dealer for actual order? I thought that is the procedure. I new you could also go into dealer and have them, build while you sit there. but I would prefer to build it myself. then go to dealer same day to placer order.
Many "in the know" people have said there should not be any expectation that the customer facing "builder" on ford.com will be updated in time for August 2nd. It usually lags by a week or two. If you want to get an August 2nd order submitted, best bet is to go in to the dealer, or call them on the phone on August 2nd. They can read you off the choices and prices from the internal order guide (that we also are not sure the release date of). If you stick around this forum, I guarantee someone will post that order guide whenever it is published to the dealers. So that could be an option as well, depending on how far in advance it gets leaked. If leaked early enough, you could do your own build on paper and walk or call it in to a dealer. They might wonder how you know as much as you know, but who cares.

Sponsored

Cromwell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Why would spray-in bed liner be a contraint item. Labour? Materials? Application equipment? Just wondering!

Last edited:

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I decided to switch to the other Chattanooga Dealer since my October hybrid was put in incorrectly. I called and set up an appointment for August 15, then yesterday I texted the guy and he had me set up an appointment for August 1, “ in case the order banks open early”. (maybe I can get all the paperwork done if not) he was well aware of the August 2 date and mildly insulted when I was acting like he didn’t know.
I will probably get one from Granger anyway.

And based on last year I believe being the first one to order will mean jack sh*t

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would spray-in bed liner be a contraint item. Labour? Materials? Application equipment? Just wondering!
Either materials or the rate at the which the secondary shop which process them can install. Ford prioritized pretty much all SIBL scheduling to orders that had it via Luxury Package and eventually dropped it from the XLT Luxury package. Although while they have said DIBL Lux XLTs would have better odds over SIBL Lux XLTs I believe Tim's scheduling had the SIBLs still getting quite regularly assigned builds.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Either materials or the rate at the which the secondary shop which process them can install. Ford prioritized pretty much all SIBL scheduling to orders that had it via Luxury Package and eventually dropped it from the XLT Luxury package. Although while they have said DIBL Lux XLTs would have better odds over SIBL Lux XLTs I believe Tim's scheduling had the SIBLs still getting quite regularly assigned builds.
Would make sense. Ford still wants to sell the pricier vehicles/options.

wyouger

First Name
Williard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger
It is applied by an outside shop. Demand exceeded the supply. The actual detail as to what the capacity issue is has not been shared. Could be material or just shop capacity.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.