First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
-A better factory radio upgrade than the current B&O package.
-Maverick ST
-Dual Clutch Tranny
-Manual Option
-The option to have the fully autonomous driving that some of the new F-150's have. (is it called blue cruise?)
-Higher end dash and door materials on the Lariat trims
-Fully digital display on the dash
-Panoramic Sunroof.
-Ventilated seats
-PHEV maverick
-Fog light option or tow hooks
-Rain sensitive windshield wipers
-360 degree cameras.
-Larger screen
-Built in hard tonneu cover like the Santa Cruze has.
-under bed storage like the SC and Honda Ridgeline
-stripper pole in bed of truck.

I know all of this is just wishful thinking but maybe on the next gen we'll see some of this stuff.
I think that last request is more of a "do it yourself" add-on! 😉😆
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The XLT have a Tech package (Active Cruise Control, Sync 4, Nav, Auto Braking, Power seats)

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From a strictly personal perspective, there are things on the list I either don't want/need (and several will never conceivably have any use for) or don't care about one way or another. Member of the old school: the fewer bells and whistles on a base model, the fewer things to break or otherwise go awry.

One item would add is a back-up camera fully functional regardless of whether the tailgate is up or down. That being said even though I adhere to the old turn the head and look over the shoulder method when reversing. Have yet to so much as glance at the screen when backing up but gratifying to know it will come in handy whenever hauling some tall cargo or if hard tri-fold is all the way open.

Far from crucial but would appreciate an option to include a CD player. That ship has not quite sailed - yet - but realize its crew is pulling in the hawsers.

Last edited:

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok, just to play devil's advocate, weren't most of us attracted to a reasonably priced utility vehicle?
Abso-friggin'- lutely.

In my case the XL not including cruise control was the attraction that affirmatively clinched the decision as to which trim to consider.

Sponsored

TorqueWrenchUSA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03' VDC Outback wagon, 97' zoom zoom Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It Lal sounds nice, except the copilot 360 being standard. Although it has its advantages, I personally am not a big fan of it and would prefer it to continue to be an option.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It Lal sounds nice, except the copilot 360 being standard. Although it has its advantages, I personally am not a big fan of it and would prefer it to continue to be an option.
It certainly has advantages, and it can also be switched off if you so desire. Why you'd desire to switch off things like blind spot monitoring or AEB, not sure.

TorqueWrenchUSA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03' VDC Outback wagon, 97' zoom zoom Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It certainly has advantages, and it can also be switched off if you so desire. Why you'd desire to switch off things like blind spot monitoring or AEB, not sure.

Because I feel I don't need it and I am perfectly happy with blind spot mirrors. Nor do I prefer to rely on my vehicle for things like that.
Again it's my personal preference. One of the cars I own and drive doesn't have ABS or anything if that puts things into perspective.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford needs to focus on their own internal executive/administrative departments FIRST, as this is CLEARLY the biggest challenge on an already solid product.

Design & engineering did their jobs well, too bad the leadership at FoMoCo dropped the ball when they were handed a great product.

Sponsored

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would prefer a large flat floor over the under-seat storage.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, just to play devil's advocate, weren't most of us attracted to a reasonably priced utility vehicle?
I get that. But I wanted a totally loaded little pickup. There is a world where a product can deliver both things. It's an economy truck for those who want that. It's a loaded truck for those willing to pay for it.

Why should your vehicle have to be big and waste a lot of fuel (and extra money) just to be equipped with all the niceties and fun stuff? Small is not necessarily economy. It's a very good thing that more affluent buyers are now realizing they can live with smaller vehicles to fit their lifestyles. Not to say that I am affluent.

I moved down from a full-size Lincoln. The world is better off now.

WildHorse

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll never want an always overly expensive built-in NAV. Even before Android Auto/Cell Phone/Gmap, the portable GPS are better then built-in NAV. Better features, Update to date map, etc.

BTW, it's already 2022, still a lot people without a smartphone with enough data? Wait, you can even download offline map.

David Paul

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
How about a 5 speed manual? (Not holding my breath). I also have a 2007 Jeep Patroit. 5 speed. Told the wife I will "Drive it till the wheels fall off."

Mr. 99'

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999' Honda Accord 2.3L DX
Engine
Undecided
Can't wait! 😳
Me too. I am looking forward to what the 2023 models will be like and offer, and if that leaked performance variant with the twin cut out ports in the rear bumper for twin exhaust will be offered as well.

Thats a neat avatar picture you have. What world map is that of?
Sponsored