Sponsored

2025 Maverick Predictions……What changes will we see in 2025?

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’m going to put a home link mirror in as a Christmas present to my myself from my wife. $300 installed.
The Kia mirrors everyone have been using are around $20, so shop around unless $300 is the labor to install it which I suppose is understandable if you're uncomfortable with doing the wiring yourself.
Sponsored

dasblack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Heard they are changing from the Atkinson engine to something else that is more readily available

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been following since it was to late for a 2022. Passed on 2023 because of the lack of info by the order date. Placed an order for a 2024 but probably will never see it so I’m looking at a new 2023 if I can find the right set up and pricing.

My main interest/goal is to see what 2025 has to offer because Tim said it’s a year of change for the model. He used a automotive industry term for that change but I forgot the term. Many were hoping for a AWD Hy, ST, and possible an Ev for 2024, but not to be again. Something has to give in 2025 it seems as color are dwindling down, interior had not changed and packages like the Lariat Lux grew for 2024. Seems a few things have come full circle since 2022 offerings.

My predictions are,

a) New Interior color and maybe even a few dif colors! Maybe a dif shifter other than turning a round object. Other minor interior changes too?
b) Better selection of exterior colors with Eruption Green leading the way! Not a green guy but if you’ve seen the 1st Ed Bronco you know what’s to like. There will be a new Red color I’m guessing.
c) Trim levels more towards Tacoma way but not quite that far. So my guess is more than the 4 models that they already offer right now with each model packaged more like how the 2024 Lariat is offered.. Very little or more decked out In each model.
d) Cough, Cough, yet another price increase as it’s just the world we live in right now. Small but an increase.
e) Minor cosmetic body changes and styling. I think we will see fog lights offered or front grill changes.

Saying all this, if I find a 2023 soon, I’ll be trading that it in for a 2025. If my 2024 gets rolled over to 2025, it’s a blessing. If not I’ll cancel it and order a 2025 if some of things come to fruition.

What predictions do you foresee? Current owners should have more of a pulse than I do.

Lets hear em please
Equipment was removed from 2022 to 2023. Equipment was removed from 2023 to 2024. Colors were removed from 2023 to 2024.

What equipment can Ford remove in 2025?

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't see any body changes in 2025 coming if the trucks are still selling unless there's also a change to the Bronco Sport. Why would Ford waste money on retooling if they don't need to?

I think we'll see an ST version for 2025, similar to how we got the tremor for 2023.
2025 should just be minor cosmetic changes, and a new trim or two. A few new options. 2028 is the new Body.

Sponsored

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

These types of threads are almost as bad as all the click bait youtube videos talking about all the Maverick killers. No one knows what the 25 refresh will look like until it gets here.
Even the TLF truck channel spoofed a Toyota stout at the Japan autoshow. Turned out to be just another prototype EPU.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These types of threads are almost as bad as all the click bait youtube videos talking about all the Maverick killers. No one knows what the 25 refresh will look like until it gets here.
Even the TLF truck channel spoofed a Toyota stout at the Japan autoshow. Turned out to be just another prototype EPU.
Exactly. What we think bears no resemblance to what Ford does...especially when they let a designer decide on Lariat seat colors by looking at tennis shoes.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The factory in Mexico is scheduled to stop production of the Maverick in 2027 so stories are that is when the refresh will happen. Im in the market for another Maverick but I am trying to hold out for 2025 to see if there are any updates to it. What are your thoughts? I'm not in a hurry to get one as I will be giving my daughter mine and will be trading in my gti for a new one.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Exactly. What we think bears no resemblance to what Ford does...especially when they let a designer decide on Lariat seat colors by looking at tennis shoes.
man you are not kidding. absolutely necessitated the additon of the BAP on my order..

TonyTee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tonytrafficlight.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid, 2023 iRacing F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Last edited:

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Engine
Undecided
https://fordauthority.com/2023/11/refreshed-2025-ford-maverick-spotted-for-second-time/

An article about a newly spotted 2025 Maverick in camo with what looks like some noticeable changes.
I saw that article. Based on the pictures where you can see the light from the headlights, it looks like we are definitely getting a restyling of the front end.; the light from the headlights is higher than on the current Maverick. The rear light housing has the same indentation as the current Maverick, so change there should be minimal I assume. Maybe the 2025 Maverick will look closer to the 2024 F-150 as opposed to the 2024 Ranger.

I saw someone comment about the upcoming refresh not adding/changing powertrains; I disagree with that. The C2 platform has been used for 4 vehicles: Escape, Bronco Sport, Corsair, and Maverick. All of those vehicles combined have many different powertrain options that work in the C2 platform. I believe the AWD HEV is very likely to happen in the Maverick despite rumors that it can't due to space constraints. On the other hand, I can understand why the PHEV would not fit underneath the Maverick. However, I think we have a good chance seeing the 1.5L I-3 make an appearance under the Maverick's hood barring that battery materials don't become very accessible and cheaper to obtain in the next 12 months. I know many think the 1.5L is a weak inferior engine, but it has been doing very well in the Escape since its introduction in MY2020. Considering that the 1.5L I-3 and the 2.5L HEV make very similar (if not the same) hp and torque, using the former as a temporary stop gap between the 2.0L and the HEV would be beneficial and alleviate some of the hybrid orders. Pair it with the AWD system, and you might have a successful powertrain option. Do I honestly see it happening? No, not really. However, there is a logic to it happening and thus makes it somewhat possible.
Sponsored