pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s pretty standard for a new car. I’ve bought 5 new cars over the years and none of them had less than 10 miles on them. They are driven at the factory for testing.

My Mav had 28 when I picked it up.

Oh and I’m getting about 25.6MPG in about 50/50 mixed. Still only 300 total miles.
Exactly!

I'm about 2/3 through my 2nd tank and showing just under 26mpg (after my first tank mostly highway getting 30.3 calculated). My 2019 Ranger would have been 20-21 at best in the same driving conditions (normal local trips). For a truck with similar performance, getting 25% better MPG is fantastic! I don't miss my Ranger at all at this point.

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just finished a 1416 mile trip in my 2016 Prius. Actually hit 95mph passing a semi on a long downhill. That truck was rolling.

The dash says I got 51.8 mpg for the trip. I know it lies and if I really want accurate mpg one must do math. I only do it sometimes. Yes, it is simple math.

Put 28.599 gallons of gas in Prius on trip. 1416 miles/28.599 gallons =49.512 mpg so dash is 4.4% off (the lie).

I will be seeing what my Maverick's gage is off after I get some miles on it and get used to driving it.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good point. I have spent a lot of time sitting in it with the AC running, messing around with the SYNC and dash menus, and making very short trips around my job site.
Please zero that trip odometer out and go take a 100mile drive w the cruise set at 70mph and report back.

Sponsored

Erwin_R

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ford Explorer
Engine
Undecided
Does the Eco mode (non FX4) help the mileage much?

Jon

ThrowbacK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve reset the meter a few times to give it a “fresh start”, but still get a consistent 14-17. Usually hovers around 15.5. It’s as if you can watch the gas gauge needle going down!
It goes in on Monday for a diagnostic check. I’m hoping there’s something wrong with it and easily fixable. I can’t imagine that mileage is normal. I will be sure to report back when/if I get some answers.
Hope it gets taken care of.. I'm sure it's frustrating

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just finished a 1416 mile trip in my 2016 Prius. Actually hit 95mph passing a semi on a long downhill. That truck was rolling.

The dash says I got 51.8 mpg for the trip. I know it lies and if I really want accurate mpg one must do math. I only do it sometimes. Yes, it is simple math.

Put 28.599 gallons of gas in Prius on trip. 1416 miles/28.599 gallons =49.512 mpg so dash is 4.4% off (the lie).

I will be seeing what my Maverick's gage is off after I get some miles on it and get used to driving it.
A Maverick is not a Prius…thank heavens. I get that you want a comparison but two totally different vehicles. The Mav isn’t going to match the Prius, just like the Prius doesn’t have a truck bed. Don’t get me wrong, not criticizing just not sure an apple to oranges comparison is a fair comparison

Sponsored

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First tank running on reg fuel. Second pic running premium fuel

8678FD3A-7C2C-4FBD-B73E-4AD00DA9A1DE.jpeg

439F610E-905A-4AD7-BE2E-F7A3667B27F1.jpeg
I'd love to see the end of that 2nd tank, but it's good to see that the truck even pretends to get 36+ mpg.
My subaru pretends to get 38 sometimes until I've driven about 15 miles.

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
I haven’t calculated mpg manually…I shouldn’t have to…but based on the amount of gas I’ve purchased in the first two weeks the readings I get on the dash seem accurate, if not optimistic. Nevertheless, if the problem is with the gauge (which I doubt is the case) that deserves to be addressed as well. Right now I just can’t get any answers because two dealers, including the one I bought it from, won’t look at it.
Do you at least two full tank manually returning to the same pump started up log Miles city &hy
Pump click off on its own wait 30 seconds squeeze pump again till it clicks off on its own

Last edited:

TMFord

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ecoboost has a 16.5 gallon tank- Hopefully you can figure out what's wrong.
Or at least figure out which tank he's got.

I'm averaging 26.5 mpg combined with my FX4 4K tow pack equipped Maverick.

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A Maverick is not a Prius…thank heavens. I get that you want a comparison but two totally different vehicles. The Mav isn’t going to match the Prius, just like the Prius doesn’t have a truck bed. Don’t get me wrong, not criticizing just not sure an apple to oranges comparison is a fair comparison

Sorry but I do get you wrong. I said " I will be seeing what my Maverick's gage is off ". The key word here is gage.

In no way was I comparing a Prius to a Maverick. I was posting about the accuracy of the Prius dash mpg calculation compared to an actual math calculation taking miles dividing it by gallons to compare math against the computer in the Prius.

Apples to Apples (Prius gage error to Maverick gage error (when I get the Maverick).

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s pretty standard for a new car. I’ve bought 5 new cars over the years and none of them had less than 10 miles on them. They are driven at the factory for testing.

My Mav had 28 when I picked it up.

Oh and I’m getting about 25.6MPG in about 50/50 mixed. Still only 300 total miles.
Ok, looks to me like the guy with with 22 miles was parked 3 miles closer to the factory than the cactus yours was parked by.
Sponsored