Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hit this milestone recently.
Ford Maverick 1,000 Mile Update 2022-06-20 17.01.22

And I did it on two tanks of gas.

The Maverick is still doing a good job of what I bought it to do. It's a good truck for hauling supplies for my business. I've had the bed fully loaded a few times but there's never been an issue about me not having enough space to get everything I need in there.

I've also used the truck to move a four foot table I purchased. I was hoping to put it upside down, but unfortunately, the wheel wells made that impossible. But strapping it in using the tie down hooks was the solution. I also did the same for an e-bike box that stuck outside of the bed. And I was able to fit an e-bike into the bed just by turning the front tire to 90 degrees and angling it across the bed.

I have none of the complaints about road noise or poor driving that some others have raised. There have been a couple of times where I've had to plug in my phone twice in order to get the truck to recognize it. And the glitch with the clock that I mentioned initially is gone.

There may be one little issue that I'll bring up with the dealer when it comes time for its first oil change. I think I may be missing a couple of tie downs. Maybe they forgot to put them back in after they did the spray in bed liner. It's that way on both sides of the bed. If that's how it's supposed to be, I'll just buy the additional ones and install them myself.

Ford Maverick 1,000 Mile Update 2022-06-24 19.00.11

I definitely would buy this truck again. It does a good job at doing what I bought it for and then some.
Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think with the XL those are the tie downs you get.

OP
OP
tonyinsd

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think with the XL those are the tie downs you get.
If that's the case, I'll just buy another pair. The holes are right there to put them into so why not? I'm also thinking of getting the rails with the sliding cleats but there's no rush.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XL comes standard with 6 tie downs.

2 on the side walls of the bed, near the cab. 2 on the side walls of the bed, near the tailgate. 2 on the tailgate itself.

Photo (on a previous thread, courtesy of a different commenter) here.

OP
OP
tonyinsd

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay. I didn't realize that the ones on the tailgate were counted in that total. Oh well. I'll just purchase them and install them myself or if they won't fit without drilling I'll buy the rail with the sliding cleats.

No rush and no problem.

Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Okay. I didn't realize that the ones on the tailgate were counted in that total. Oh well. I'll just purchase them and install them myself or if they won't fit without drilling I'll buy the rail with the sliding cleats.

No rush and no problem.
Ford marketed the tailgate ones as bottle openers!

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You're right, they did. I thought it was the latch to the tailgate they'd use for that but I was clearly wrong.
I have an XLT and felt a little swindled when those were included in the 10 tie downs. I have yet to tie anything down though!

OP
OP
tonyinsd

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have an XLT and felt a little swindled when those were included in the 10 tie downs. I have yet to tie anything down though!
I've had to do it twice, with the table and with the boxed e-bike.

I'm also proud of myself for resisting the urge to stand with my hands on my hips, grunt and then say "that's not going anywhere."

I did think it. 😏

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I added eight eyebolts (4 on each side) to the bed of my truck. I put them there to keep things from shifting around. I don't expect them to hold anything really heavy, but a heavy weight spread over 14 tie-downs should hold.

Ford Maverick 1,000 Mile Update Maverick bedmat.JPG

Sponsored
OP
OP
tonyinsd

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I added eight eyebolts (4 on each side) to the bed of my truck. I put them there to keep things from shifting around. I don't expect them to hold anything really heavy, but a heavy weight spread over 14 tie-downs should hold.

Maverick bedmat.JPG
I think that just the ones already in there would hold as much as the bed and your ratchet straps can hold.

But having extra ones to use makes it easier if you've got oddly shaped things to tie down.

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think that just the ones already in there would hold as much as the bed and your ratchet straps can hold.

But having extra ones to use makes it easier if you've got oddly shaped things to tie down.

I mostly use them when I use with a cargo net that has multiple hooks (mine has 24). Then I use ratchet straps on the factory tie-downs, if needed.
Sponsored