Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
TL /DR: I LOVE IT

I ordered June 13, I picked up Feb. 21.

I've been driving my daily commute, picking up kids at school and going to work. Probably 80% city, suburb, rural roads and 20% 70 mph highway. I have not been driving with a heavy foot but I haven't been really "hyber miling" or anything either.

Ford Maverick Hybrid 1st Edition 1,000 mile mini review 41.6.JPG

I've been up the "Mountains" to go hiking twice. These are Tennessee Mt's so not that big. I thought it did great going up hill and I haven't noticed any road noise really. But I may just be used to it because I've never had a fancy car or anything. Or maybe the lariat sound windshield helps.

Ford Maverick Hybrid 1st Edition 1,000 mile mini review KIMG1162.JPG

I have found the interior to be very comfortable. Like others, I do wish the seat had a tilt up and down. I think it is comfortable and the dash doesn't seem "cheap" to me, but again I have never really had fancy cars. It seems fine to me. My teenage daughter said that she thought it looked "modern and cool" in the interior.

I feel like the center screen shows my truck.

Ford Maverick Hybrid 1st Edition 1,000 mile mini review 1ed.JPG

I like the storage spaces under the seat and so on. At first the latch on the seat back in the back seat didn't want to catch easily but I think that it has worked itself out. Lifting the seat all the way does click it into an open position but I wouldn't trust it to stay clicked open.

Ford Maverick Hybrid 1st Edition 1,000 mile mini review under seat.JPG

I have not towed anything or even put a trailer hitch on it. I will use it to tow a canoe trailer when it gets warmer. Honestly, to me the back up camera isn't bad at all. I don't know if I just don't know any better or if the lariat got a better quality camera.

Ford Maverick Hybrid 1st Edition 1,000 mile mini review KIMG1164.JPG

I think it is the perfect size for easily getting a 10' Kayak in and out of. I was thinking about adding a tailgate dampener with the Ford App credit points but I don't want to lose those side tie downs on the tailgate because of this purpose.
Ford Maverick Hybrid 1st Edition 1,000 mile mini review KIMG1184.JPG

Before I got it I saw so many pictures that people would post besides bigger trucks, but not as many as beside similar size trucks, so here is one with a nissan. To me they are about the same size.

Ford Maverick Hybrid 1st Edition 1,000 mile mini review KIMG1177.JPG

I have found it very roomy and comfortable inside. They sent me a soft trifold cover with it, I expected a roll up cover but I am very happy with the trifold. I've only used it once to really carry stuff beyond something small and it was all I needed. I really liked that it was low to the ground and I could reach in easily.

Ford Maverick Hybrid 1st Edition 1,000 mile mini review bed3.JPG

Ford Maverick Hybrid 1st Edition 1,000 mile mini review bedfull.JPG

The B & O stereo isn't the best stereo I have ever heard, but it is fine for me. It is fine. I like it. I added AAwireless. The first week it just worked and connected great. Lately I have had to reboot my phone each time for it to connect and I need to figure that out. I put it under the dash with velcro. I tried putting it under the rubber mat but it made the connection with the wireless charger unreliable. I added in the small antenna and I like it and it works fine for my location.

Ford Maverick Hybrid 1st Edition 1,000 mile mini review KIMG1163.JPG

It was frustrating, after all the water bottle talk and hype, that a nalgene wouldn't fit, but the advice of poster bighap led me to the fix from Amazon, and it works well and I'm very happy with it. I just put it in the center console and bring it out if I have a nalgene.

Ford Maverick Hybrid 1st Edition 1,000 mile mini review nalgeneholder.JPG

I haven't totally gotten used to the shifter dial and I still reach for the thermostat dial half the time.

Ford Maverick Hybrid 1st Edition 1,000 mile mini review KIMG1165.JPG

I like the rubber mats, so far so good.

Ford Maverick Hybrid 1st Edition 1,000 mile mini review KIMG1167.JPG

I like the wheels, too. I was worried I would not like the first edition stickers, because I am not a very flashy person, but to me, they go really well with the carbonized gray, as does the black roof. Depending on the light sometimes it is noticeable and sometimes it isn't and that is kind of fun.

The sun roof and the back window are each fine on their own, but what I really like is having the combination of both of them. It gets a great breeze going when they are both open. The heated steering wheel doesn't get as hot as some others I've used but it is OK. The heated seats are fine, but again I wish there was a tilt. It is fine though.

I haven't gotten used to the auto bright dim headlights and keep turning it off. I do love the adaptive cruise and lane centering. To me they work great. I use the adaptive cruise more than the lane centering.

Ford Maverick Hybrid 1st Edition 1,000 mile mini review nalgene waste.JPG

FWIW, the FITS rear cup holders they sent also don't hold a nalgene but the little trash box can.

I still haven't done anything with the screen cubby, but I sometimes put the key fob in there.

ETA - one quirk I've noticed is that if I have a passenger in the back seat and I drop them off, after they get out and I continue the center screen will give me a seat built warning for the back seat.

I think it is my ninth vehicle I've owned and the sixth Ford. So far it is still honeymoon but so far it is the favorite vehicle I've owned. It is just so practical. It fits my needs and uses so much.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions, thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mark Rash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is great! Thanks for sharing the details!

OP
OP
ttthhasdf

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great write-up! I have to ask, where did you get the classic Maverick badge and hitch cover?
Great write-up! I have to ask, where did you get the classic Maverick badge and hitch cover?
I got the badge a while ago on ebay. I am not sure if I love it on there and I took it off. I do not feel that the grill is 100% sturdy for it. It is from a 70s maverick grabber.

The hitch cover is just a plain blank hitch cover with a sticker. It is the same design that used to be the rear emblem on 70s maverick cars. If you want one of the stickers PM me your mailing address.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
TL /DR: I LOVE IT

I ordered June 13, I picked up Feb. 21.

I've been driving my daily commute, picking up kids at school and going to work. Probably 80% city, suburb, rural roads and 20% 70 mph highway. I have not been driving with a heavy foot but I haven't been really "hyber miling" or anything either.

41.6.JPG

I've been up the "Mountains" to go hiking twice. These are Tennessee Mt's so not that big. I thought it did great going up hill and I haven't noticed any road noise really. But I may just be used to it because I've never had a fancy car or anything. Or maybe the lariat sound windshield helps.

KIMG1162.JPG

I have found the interior to be very comfortable. Like others, I do wish the seat had a tilt up and down. I think it is comfortable and the dash doesn't seem "cheap" to me, but again I have never really had fancy cars. It seems fine to me. My teenage daughter said that she thought it looked "modern and cool" in the interior.

I feel like the center screen shows my truck.

1ed.JPG

I like the storage spaces under the seat and so on. At first the latch on the seat back in the back seat didn't want to catch easily but I think that it has worked itself out. Lifting the seat all the way does click it into an open position but I wouldn't trust it to stay clicked open.

under seat.JPG

I have not towed anything or even put a trailer hitch on it. I will use it to tow a canoe trailer when it gets warmer. Honestly, to me the back up camera isn't bad at all. I don't know if I just don't know any better or if the lariat got a better quality camera.

KIMG1164.JPG

I think it is the perfect size for easily getting a 10' Kayak in and out of. I was thinking about adding a tailgate dampener with the Ford App credit points but I don't want to lose those side tie downs on the tailgate because of this purpose.
KIMG1184.JPG

Before I got it I saw so many pictures that people would post besides bigger trucks, but not as many as beside similar size trucks, so here is one with a nissan. To me they are about the same size.

KIMG1177.JPG

I have found it very roomy and comfortable inside. They sent me a soft trifold cover with it, I expected a roll up cover but I am very happy with the trifold. I've only used it once to really carry stuff beyond something small and it was all I needed. I really liked that it was low to the ground and I could reach in easily.

bed3.JPG

bedfull.JPG

The B & O stereo isn't the best stereo I have ever heard, but it is fine for me. It is fine. I like it. I added AAwireless. The first week it just worked and connected great. Lately I have had to reboot my phone each time for it to connect and I need to figure that out. I put it under the dash with velcro. I tried putting it under the rubber mat but it made the connection with the wireless charger unreliable. I added in the small antenna and I like it and it works fine for my location.

KIMG1163.JPG

It was frustrating, after all the water bottle talk and hype, that a nalgene wouldn't fit, but the advice of poster bighap led me to the fix from Amazon, and it works well and I'm very happy with it. I just put it in the center console and bring it out if I have a nalgene.

nalgeneholder.JPG

I haven't totally gotten used to the shifter dial and I still reach for the thermostat dial half the time.

KIMG1165.JPG

I like the rubber mats, so far so good.

KIMG1167.JPG

I like the wheels, too. I was worried I would not like the first edition stickers, because I am not a very flashy person, but to me, they go really well with the carbonized gray, as does the black roof. Depending on the light sometimes it is noticeable and sometimes it isn't and that is kind of fun.

The sun roof and the back window are each fine on their own, but what I really like is having the combination of both of them. It gets a great breeze going when they are both open. The heated steering wheel doesn't get as hot as some others I've used but it is OK. The heated seats are fine, but again I wish there was a tilt. It is fine though.

I haven't gotten used to the auto bright dim headlights and keep turning it off. I do love the adaptive cruise and lane centering. To me they work great. I use the adaptive cruise more than the lane centering.

nalgene waste.JPG

FWIW, the FITS rear cup holders they sent also don't hold a nalgene but the little trash box can.

I still haven't done anything with the screen cubby, but I sometimes put the key fob in there.

ETA - one quirk I've noticed is that if I have a passenger in the back seat and I drop them off, after they get out and I continue the center screen will give me a seat built warning for the back seat.

I think it is my ninth vehicle I've owned and the sixth Ford. So far it is still honeymoon but so far it is the favorite vehicle I've owned. It is just so practical. It fits my needs and uses so much.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions, thanks.
Great write up! Mine is pretty much a twin only I‘ve crossed 2000 miles in 4 weeks! I didn’t really like the FE decals at first but they are growing on me. I had the same issue with the back seat latch and my foot seems to be a little heavier than yours with 2 900 mile trips Lol! My overall average is 36.5 but I’ve been getting 48-54 mpg around town. No complaints, no issues, just love my Mav🥰

Sponsored

Rdimuzio

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan Rogue
Just a suggestion, but if you have the dampener, you can reattach the tie down when the tailgate is in the down position and just remove it to close. Really depends on how many times you will haul the kayak.

OP
OP
ttthhasdf

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just a suggestion, but if you have the dampener, you can reattach the tie down when the tailgate is in the down position and just remove it to close. Really depends on how many times you will haul the kayak.

That is a great idea, thank you. I'm planning to "study on it" and figure it out but I haven't yet.
Sponsored