First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw the EPA posted some of the 2022 hybrid MPG for other companies today. The Hyundai Ioniq gets 59 combined. 58 city 60 highway. I figured the Ford Maverick would have been a bit more. 50 mpg or something.
A lower center of gravity and a more aerodynamic body will gain those results. I'm not surprised at all since this is a truck compared to a sedan/hatchback. You need to look at vehicles like the Escape hybrid of RAV4 hybrid in order to be comparing apples to apples.
Sponsored

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hope this helps! It doesn’t touch the back seat but gets close. Don’t mind my dog seat cover :)
4BCE742F-FF1D-4635-8168-A4E9DAA5601E.jpeg
Might if the front seat is all the way forward. Just a thought, my manual seats do if you take the head rests off, they will fold flat but the back seats are higher. (PriusV)

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I'm thinking this window sticker is BS.

Here is why I think this is BS:

My 2021 Lexus ES300h has a larger engine, more HP, weighs more gets BETTER MPG than this trucklette?

Help me understand how the sticker someone posted can be real or true.

Below is my window sticker for the Lexus.

Ford Maverick 🚨My Hybrid Maverick window sticker with MPG!! 37 combined / 42 city / 33 highway tempImageJnecpT

Sponsored

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Me thinks the Highway can improve, my current hybrid is rated for 44 city/40 Highway and dogging around the Gulf Coast a few weeks ago we hit 59 Miles Per Gallon on US 98, South of Crawfordville.
AGREE!

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
I'm thinking this window sticker is BS.

Here is why I think this is BS:

My 2021 Lexus ES300h has a larger engine, more HP, weighs more gets BETTER MPG than this trucklette?

Help me understand how the sticker someone posted can be real or true.

Below is my window sticker for the Lexus.

tempImageJnecpT.png
Aerodynamics I'm guessing. The city is comparable, which is the hybrid strong suit, but the sedan is better on the highway probably due to it's aerodynamic and momentum from its higher mass. Just a guess... I'm no expert.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Again comparing a car with less frontal area. These numbers shouldn't be surprising; they're what Ford was estimating for the Maverick Hybrid at launch.

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Shadow Blk Mustang GT Prem A10
Real world ................ I wanna see real, driven on the street numbers ! Those are what I will trust and look at before deciding on what to buy powertrain wise.

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A lower center of gravity and a more aerodynamic body will gain those results. I'm not surprised at all since this is a truck compared to a sedan/hatchback. You need to look at vehicles like the Escape hybrid of RAV4 hybrid in order to be comparing apples to apples.
Having a full-size spare means you have a normal tire ready to go if something happens. The major advantage to having a full-size spare is that it's not a temporary fix. You can put on a full-size spare to replace the flat and continue with your day. If you purchased a full size spare included in any option or purchased separately then the rim and tire size should match your vehicle wheel and tires.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's pretty typical of hybrids since they're able to get a lot of energy back through regenerative braking.
???? don't understand this statement.

When I brake the picture shows electric going from the wheel/brakes to the battery. But it doesn't make my MPG's better. It just regenerates the battery.

I get better MPG on the highway everyday. When I drive city, I get crappy MPG because of all the red lights and stop signs having to start from a standstill getting up to speed no matter how soft I press the accelerator.

I truly don't believe this sticker is right. I ONLY speak form my personal experience now driving a hybrid for 2.5 years.