First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Spending more time on cleanup than production!!!!
To be fair, Ford has averaged around 8,000 trucks per month and scheduled around 8,000 orders last week. So, any scheduling this week would have to be clean-up as there just isn't any more room.

I get it is frustrating. I freaking bought an Explorer because my Maverick was showing up too late. But Ford appears to have gotten into a pretty predictable scheduling rhythm as of late.
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
- I know there are many posts about dropping constrained items like the hitch, but what about upgrading from one trim to another? Is that even possible at this point in the process?
- Could it be possible that a small dealership has only received *one* 2023 build, even with many orders?
A1. Yes, it is possible but you will lose any price protection for that trim.

A2. Yes. It is also possible a dealership has received none. Allocations depend on several factors and it is possible a dealership hasn't met the sales requirements to get any allocations this year.

Dilan C

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dilan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know if it is still possible to change a hybrid order to an ecoboost?

Dr3wman

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram
Engine
Undecided
Does anyone know if it is still possible to change a hybrid order to an ecoboost?
I believe it is, and you'll get a variety of opinions on whether you should or not. Even though Hyrbrids are still more constrained - a lot depends on the dealer you ordered from and their allocations. I believe you'd go to the back of the line of Ecoboosts for whatever dealer you order from so it might not be any faster??? Just spit balling here.........

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would changing from a Hybrid XL to XLT better my chances at this point?

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would changing from a Hybrid XL to XLT better my chances at this point?
Only 15% of trucks will be XL while 59% will be XLT. Not a slam dunk, but would not hurt, IMO.

WoodsyMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only 15% of trucks will be XL while 59% will be XLT. Not a slam dunk, but would not hurt, IMO.
But would a dealer honor the "order price" for that XLT or potentially raise it with a "fee"?

*edit: And...would ordering an upgraded trim put you at the back of the line at said dealer?

Last edited:

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But would a dealer honor the "order price" for that XLT or potentially raise it with a "fee"?

*edit: And...would ordering an upgraded trim put you at the back of the line at said dealer?
Shouldn’t matter as it’s the same engine type.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Ford will only honor the XL order price. If you change it to XLT, Ford bills the dealer for the XLT price as it stands today and they roll that over to you. So, the price protection is for your order as it existed when you ordered it. Any changes subject the changes to the current price.

It shouldn't change your place in line. Given everyone essentially ordered the same weekend, I don't think Ford is considering timestamp for this model year.

gweedog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took the hitch off my order today. Hoping to get my xl hybrid scheduled

Sponsored

Cgottlob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe it is, and you'll get a variety of opinions on whether you should or not. Even though Hyrbrids are still more constrained - a lot depends on the dealer you ordered from and their allocations. I believe you'd go to the back of the line of Ecoboosts for whatever dealer you order from so it might not be any faster??? Just spit balling here.........
I switched to EB after the May scheduling in hopes to get scheduled for June, but no luck. But there are plenty of cases where people switch and you get scheduled the next time up, so there's really no telling if switching get you scheduled any quicker.

pbrox

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XL Mav, 2005 Forester, 2007 R1200GS
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am ready to be hurt again. Here we go!

DangerZone484

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: Ford Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I emailed my dealer today about their allocations, and they just told me they had... None for this month, and won't know about next month until the middle of this one. So now I know why I haven't been getting scheduled. :(

They've received at least a few Mavericks earlier this year, why would they be getting none now? This allocation process still confuses me.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Took the hitch off my order today. Hoping to get my xl hybrid scheduled
Good luck, removed mine from my bare bones XLT 6 months ago. Nada, still not scheduled.