First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I was actually looking at Ford Rangers online 2021 XL 2WD $25675.... I was tempted just so I could end this wait...but my wife slapped my hands and said....Wait for the Lariat lol
What is going to happen if the XL shows up first?
Maybe I'll buy both and sell one for a profit? that would make her happy...Be like a Santa Cruz dealer lol
Sponsored

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I changed to a 2.0L Monday (before the hybrid announcement actually) but no scheduling yet. Ordered 7/26 from Chapman
Same here (except 7/14 order)

Curious what made you switch?

My partner pushed heavily for 4k Tow. Hybrid news was just nail in the coffin.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was actually looking at Ford Rangers online 2021 XL 2WD $25675.... I was tempted just so I could end this wait...but my wife slapped my hands and said....Wait for the Lariat lol
Maybe I'll buy both and sell one for a profit? that would make her happy...Be like a Santa Cruz dealer lol
I do wonder what some rich person would pay for my hybrid lariat if i do end up receiving it in October…

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Depending on how long as in if it into next summer and still haven't got a build date I might drop the order and order a 2023 ranger.

Sponsored

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I do wonder what some rich person would pay for my hybrid lariat if i do end up receiving it in October…
My cost $28145, Plus expenses probably sale for $32999 let them talk me down too $32000; I make around $3000 after expenses
lol......or maybe I’d feel like an slick car salesman....so I won’t

TS0323

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT Lux in Alto Blue
Same here (except 7/14 order)

Curious what made you switch?

My partner pushed heavily for 4k Tow. Hybrid news was just nail in the coffin.
For one thing, I came to the conclusion that for the amount of city driving I do, it wouldn't be that much more expensive to have the 2.0. Plus coming from driving a Miata, I want to have some amount of fun when I'm driving. There's a good chance that Ford releases a tune like they did for the Ranger which would add around 40 hp to the Maverick.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For one thing, I came to the conclusion that for the amount of city driving I do, it wouldn't be that much more expensive to have the 2.0. Plus coming from driving a Miata, I want to have some amount of fun when I'm driving. There's a good chance that Ford releases a tune like they did for the Ranger which would add around 40 hp to the Maverick.
Still not seeing any 2.0 EB tune that doesnt void the warranty..

Leggowe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota
From what Tim Bartz said in the last live stream, they are ramping up production. I'd have to go back and look again but I think he said like 2700 this week, then ramping up to like 4500 a week from there 2700 units in November and 4900 in December. Also he said there were over 100k reservations but they only converted about 20-30% of those to retail orders. That's somewhat promising.
Please educate me; What do you mean by ‘they only converted 20-30% of those retail orders’?

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Please educate me; What do you mean by ‘they only converted 20-30% of those retail orders’?
Not every reservation ended up being an order that was placed. For instance, I put in reservations at 2 different dealerships but only ended up ordering from one. The one I didn't order from still counts toward the 100k reservations.

Sponsored
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

***SATIRE****

HYBRID! HYBRID! HYBRID!

OMG! I didn't even place my order with Ford yet, and it's already been scheduled for production next week! Ford must have E.S.P!!!! I even planned on adding every factory holdup option and they are all included in the build!

***END SATIRE***

I know it comes down to all sorts of factors, but after reading about recently placed orders getting pulled for production....I'm losing faith that I'll have a Maverick in my driveway before Spring. I know production just started and is still ramping up...yada yada yada.....
I think it's more that my dealer isn't very pro-active, and is non-responsive to my emails requesting a copy of the DORA (for the order number and priority code). I did get a confirmation email from Ford the day the order was placed, so I'm not worried the order wasn't processed. Guess I'll have to stop-in and speak to the sales guy in person. I know all dealers/salespeople aren't nearly as in-the-loop and transparent as Tim Bartz @fordvideoguy .....but it would be nice to hear how many mavs were ordered at the dealership I used/how many scheduled for production/allotment/etc.... at least that would make me feel more informed.
I emailed my sales guy and he called me back. Basically he didn't have any extra info. He actually probably knew less than us because we are so invested specifically in the Maverick. He is still selling all the other cars too. I'm trying to watch these threads less to temper my excitement. If I get mine in January or February I'll be happy at this point. We have 4 young kids and I already sold my car to take advantage of the crazy used car market, so it's difficult to be a 1 car family, but I think it's going to be worth it!

csmith9058

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Csmith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You guys. This is not just a first come first serve queue. If you spent time reading about allocations and restraints, you would likely know with reasonable certainty why you haven't been scheduled.

* How many allocations has your dealer gotten? If they are small and in a region with few orders, this number might be ZERO. Call them and ask.
* Do you have ANY options that are restricted? What options do you have. Tell us.
* Are you at a big dealership that has been getting allocation but you are still just a bit back in line?
*Did your dealer place your order as stock and not retail? If so... You won't get scheduled. Tell us your last know priority code

csmith9058

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Csmith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an Xlt Luxury AWD priority 10 (was a 19 until today) copilot 360, Moon Roof, and Bed extender. Ordered Aug 2 from Royal Oak Ford

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
You guys. This is not just a first come first serve queue. If you spent time reading about allocations and restraints, you would likely know with reasonable certainty why you haven't been scheduled.

* How many allocations has your dealer gotten? If they are small and in a region with few orders, this number might be ZERO. Call them and ask.
* Do you have ANY options that are restricted? What options do you have. Tell us.
* Are you at a big dealership that has been getting allocation but you are still just a bit back in line?
*Did your dealer place your order as stock and not retail? If so... You won't get scheduled. Tell us your last know priority code
Ford doesn’t want their small dealers to be wiped out by the big guys so Ford doesnt leave the little guys completely on the outside. I placed an order with a smaller dealer (5 Mavericks ordered) on July 12 and was notified on August 12 of an October 6 build week. In this situation it may be, repeat may be, advantageous to order from a smaller operation. 2.0 Lariat with options packages only.

TS0323

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT Lux in Alto Blue
Still not seeing any 2.0 EB tune that doesnt void the warranty..
Well, the Ford Performance Tune for the Ranger has a 3 year 36,000 warranty as long as it’s installed by a Ford installer. They actually specify in their info sheet that it also doesn’t void the original warranty. https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/PDFS/fpp-warranty.pdf

The Ranger is 2.3 of course. Just hoping a similar tune is offered for the 2.0 on the Maverick. I know that 5 Star Tuning is offering a tune for the 2.0 Bronco Sport that has a warranty option, worst case. https://5startuning.com/product/202...th-your-choice-of-5-star-tuning-custom-tunes/
Sponsored

Last edited: