Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mav Hyb 01 Ranger 08 Impreza 14 Camry Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today is day 585. I went on to Ford Chat and they told me that my Mav is in Chicago. How do you find out the rail car info?
I found by calling the support number on Ford's website that the reps over the phone are now trained to NOT give out the rail cart number. HOWEVER, when I used the chat feature on their support site, I simply asked, Hi, can you please give me a status update on the delivery of my truck?" The chat representative proactively gave me the rail cart number and said that my specific railcar was in X city on its way to my dealer and gave me the estimated delivery window. Then for the next week or so, I would just call the support number listed on the rail company's website and they would have an automated system that asked for the rail cart number and they spit out the last known location. So while it's not like a map feature you can track, you can get an idea of where exactly your truck was last reported.
Sponsored

Pete0055

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Avalon, Future Maverick XLT Hybrid Owner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I found by calling the support number on Ford's website that the reps over the phone are now trained to NOT give out the rail cart number. HOWEVER, when I used the chat feature on their support site, I simply asked, Hi, can you please give me a status update on the delivery of my truck?" The chat representative proactively gave me the rail cart number and said that my specific railcar was in X city on its way to my dealer and gave me the estimated delivery window. Then for the next week or so, I would just call the support number listed on the rail company's website and they would have an automated system that asked for the rail cart number and they spit out the last known location. So while it's not like a map feature you can track, you can get an idea of where exactly your truck was last reported.
sounds good….chat rep said she could not provide railcar number but did provide location….which was good enough for me.

mamrozek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT EB AWD, FX4, 4K, CP360, SIBL/Cargo Mgmt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You were "spot-on"... Thanks!

Your vehicle has been shipped.
Logo-Ford.png

2ae8abb6736929a3f56933dadcedcbc5.png

06c8b5d657303865a8d942711d35cc80b24b4236ce35469d71.jpg
Preproduction computer‑generated image shown. Vehicle image shown for illustration only and does not reflect vehicle ordered.​
YOUR VEHICLE IS ON ITS WAY
Well, here's the final updates:

Built = 4/23
Shipped = 5/2
Rcvd @ Junction Point (Indiana Harbor Belt Rr Co )-Dolton,IL = 5/10
Rcvd @ Ramp 79, Chicago Mc, IL = 5/15
Rcvd @ Schmit Bros Ford, Saukville, WI = 6/2 (Took twice as long from IL to WI, than MX to IL...)
Delivered to me = 6/5

Only have 45 miles on it, but already picked up a load of doors for my Brother... Great truck (so far)!

I hope your are all getting yours (EcoBoost...:^) soon & I feel for you Hybrid buyers - Good Luck!
Sponsored