First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm talking about exact builds. I took out the rest of your post and left the reason.
If they have parts for 100 exactly the same builds and 200 people have exactly the same build in the queue. 100 are going to be unhappy and not understand why the other 100 were scheduled before them. And that's because their dealer took in way more orders than they were ever going to get in allocations. And the Dealer knew it. Maybe they hoped they'd get more than their share. They took in all those extra orders and left them to rot on the vine. Because they would rather they wait forever in their queue than for them to go to another dealer.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/flaw-in-fords-allocation-system.12061/post-242335

I don't like Ford's system. But the dealers know the system. And they did this to their customers. Ford needs a new system.
Sponsored

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for injecting some sanity to the conversation.
I agree that it’s a difficult time right now but I don’t agree with how when you ordered means little in the picking process. I’ve seen many builds that are exactly like mine and ordered well after I placed my order being built. It comes down to the size and weight of the dealer plus profits from the build.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
If they have parts for 100 exactly the same builds and 200 people have exactly the same build in the queue. 100 are going to be unhappy and not understand why the other 100 were scheduled before them. And that's because their dealer took in way more orders than they were ever going to get in allocations. And the Dealer knew it. Maybe they hoped they'd get more than their share. They took in all those extra orders and left them to rot on the vine. Because they would rather they wait forever in their queue than for them to go to another dealer.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/flaw-in-fords-allocation-system.12061/post-242335

I don't like Ford's system. But the dealers know the system. And they did this to their customers. Ford needs a new system.
Exactly, even Johnny's car care guy who is in the industry somehow alluded to the fact that dealers had an idea of what to expect for allocation. The guy here who posted that he order from a small dealer and said the dealer showed him that they have ~60 orders in front of him, his dealer screwed him considering small dealers are getting ~2 per month in allocation. I don't think people should blame Ford as much as they should blame their dealer.

st3v

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am in engineering and I have come across supply chain issues all over the place. We are in a new era where we have to design things assuming parts will disappear sooner rather than later. It will be a rough few years.

Sponsored

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree that it’s a difficult time right now but I don’t agree with how when you ordered means little in the picking process. I’ve seen many builds that are exactly like mine and ordered well after I placed my order being built. It comes down to the size and weight of the dealer plus profits from the build.
I think when you ordered is still a significant factor, but as you mention, those other elements come into play as well.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
⏰ 12:37 PM CST
📅 4/25/2022
🛻 Lariat Luxury, FX4, 4K, All weather floor mats and full size spare
📍 Alabama
🗓 10/28/2021
🕺 Woody Anderson Ford
You get this today or yesterday?

Otterpop23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW X1
I've been working in engineering over 20 years, I don't think some of you realize how broken the supply chain is right now. I'm meaning I just got quoted a 10 month lead time on an item that is in stock in the dozens of every county for ever. A diesel generator that is usually 12 week lead time has been on order for 8 months and they quote 18 months till delivery and that's just a wild guess. I can't think of a single item that is less than 3X the lead time it was 2 years ago. Pricing goes up multiple times per year instead of once or twice.

That Ford is even able to produce so many vehicles of a much more complex item than I deal with is amazing.

My 3/14 production date got delayed to 3/28 and I have no clue if that is really going to happen.
Worth noting shipping logistics are crazy right now too which has a huge effect on supply the supply chain. I work shipping logistics in a museum complete opposite end of the spectrum from manufacturing and it’s taken us nearly 9 months to coordinate getting things out of a warehouse in Minnesota. Not to mention the cost alone of shipping right now. I can’t imagine what kind of shipping issues are going on for the scale of what Ford is doing.

Sponsored

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm talking about exact builds. I took out the rest of your post and left the reason.
I've seen identical orders from Sept. get scheduled ahead of my June order.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And that's because their dealer took in way more orders than they were ever going to get in allocations. And the Dealer knew it.
My dealer has plenty of allocations. I'm just not getting scheduled because of the low volume of the dealership. Ford's reward system is geared toward the dealership (their historic true customer) - larger, high volume dealerships get build priority as well as more allocations.

stlouischiefs

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe, Cactus Grey XLT on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got an email that shows scheduling for 5/2 and 5/9 next week, Week of 3/21/22.

Ford Maverick 📬  3/17 Scheduling Email Received Group [EMAILS NOW ARRIVING!] unnamed

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid