First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is very frustrating! It appears to me that the mavs that dealers have are being sold way over msrp. I wonder how many on the lot were rejects by folks who got tired of waiting?
I told the Sales guy give me a call if anyone passes.
Sponsored

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Publicly talking myself down

I swung by my dealership this morning to speak to my salesman about how things were looking for them. When I ordered the EB in September, I was really hoping to have it before June and I wanted to know my prospects. Am I the next EB in line or are there a dozen ahead of me at a dealership getting 5 a month? I told myself before I went if he wasn't working I would just drop the issue.

Fortunately for me, he was off today. I say fortunately, because they have a lightly used Lightning Lariat on the lot as well as a few decent F-150 options that might have worked instead. Getting financing wouldn't have been an issue so it was simply because I had set my prior limitation of not doing anything without fully discussing my options with him that I don't have a larger truck in my driveway right now. After all, if it is going to be a long wait and they can get me an F-150 at a deal, no sense in keeping my order active. They did have a couple Mavericks, but were already sold. Perfect size, if I can ever get it.

But another salesman did at least confirm the EBs should be rolling in soon as when I mentioned my order was an EB her demeaner changed to more of "oh, you don't have yours yet?". So, we came home and I will wait a few more weeks before I give him a call.
I considered an F150 but no luck finding one that has decent miles for what the Maverick will cost. But I do wonder if the EB maybe where I end up with getting sick of waiting. Would be nice if the process was more straight forward or open.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Publicly talking myself down

I swung by my dealership this morning to speak to my salesman about how things were looking for them. When I ordered the EB in September, I was really hoping to have it before June and I wanted to know my prospects. Am I the next EB in line or are there a dozen ahead of me at a dealership getting 5 a month? I told myself before I went if he wasn't working I would just drop the issue.

Fortunately for me, he was off today. I say fortunately, because they have a lightly used Lightning Lariat on the lot as well as a few decent F-150 options that might have worked instead. Getting financing wouldn't have been an issue so it was simply because I had set my prior limitation of not doing anything without fully discussing my options with him that I don't have a larger truck in my driveway right now. After all, if it is going to be a long wait and they can get me an F-150 at a deal, no sense in keeping my order active. They did have a couple Mavericks, but were already sold. Perfect size, if I can ever get it.

But another salesman did at least confirm the EBs should be rolling in soon as when I mentioned my order was an EB her demeaner changed to more of "oh, you don't have yours yet?". So, we came home and I will wait a few more weeks before I give him a call.
I think you will either have the EB Maverick you ordered by June or there will be many more available by then that can be had at MSRP. Maybe not XLs but almost surely some of the other trims.

MeanStreak6

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger / 23 MY on Order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Built yesterday! Any info on how long before it ships and reaches my dealer in Maryland?
Ford Maverick 📬 2/16/23 Scheduling Email Received Group [EMAILS NOT YET ARRIVING] A211B8D2-A235-4EC9-B715-54227F64E460

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I told the Sales guy give me a call if anyone passes.
My dealer asked if I was interested in one someone passes on, but they automatically add $5k or more to them, taking it out of my league. I'd like to think if someone passes on one that's the same as I ordered they'd offer it at MSRP, but... Not sure at all.

At any rate, yes, I know others have been waiting twice as long, but I'd still give anything for Ford to just say A through G, we're gonna get yours built, H though Z, we're not, sorry. This not knowing, hanging on every word of a scheduling week, just sucks.

Sponsored

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer asked if I was interested in one someone passes on, but they automatically add $5k or more to them, taking it out of my league. I'd like to think if someone passes on one that's the same as I ordered they'd offer it at MSRP, but... Not sure at all.

At any rate, yes, I know others have been waiting twice as long, but I'd still give anything for Ford to just say A through G, we're gonna get yours built, H though Z, we're not, sorry. This not knowing, hanging on every word of a scheduling week, just sucks.
I will say I hate the lack of information that my dealer has but they always sale new mavericks at MSRP hoping Ford will reward them compared to the dealers that are charging 10k over for a hybrid.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will say I hate the lack of information that my dealer has but they always sale new mavericks at MSRP hoping Ford will reward them compared to the dealers that are charging 10k over for a hybrid.
My dealer has a "whoops, too late" waiting list for those who didn't get an order in. If it makes it to the lot as a hybrid, it'll get an ADM for the same reason Tim's dealership adds them: another dealership will simply buy it and add their own ADM, so there is no point letting free money walk out the door. But I've never seen one on the lot that wasn't sold before it got there.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ya know what I got this week? Nuttin' Just like last week... and the week before that... and matter of fact the week before that too. Just curious on what is going to show up first, my Maverick or a warrior on a white horse.
Oh well, after all it is Ford. One good thing is to get old, wonder if family will check on you, but rest assured that you will get calls daily - not from Ford, but from good people overseas checking on you - to see if you need anything - like extended warranty, help with student loans, etc. It helps to relieve the boredom LOL.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think you will either have the EB Maverick you ordered by June or there will be many more available by then that can be had at MSRP. Maybe not XLs but almost surely some of the other trims.
I hope you are right. I told my wife I'll pull the trigger on whatever in May. So, I have a few months.

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't heard the clean-up caveat (I don't think even Tim mentioned it). But I don't think I can watch it as tightly today. Plus the missing week means numbers will be lower anyway.
  • ⏰ TBD
  • 📅 TBD
  • 🔢 TBD
  • 🛻 Atlas Blue Lariat Lux EB 4K; 360Acc; Blk Wheels; Carpet liners
  • 📍 Atlanta
  • 🗓 9/16/22
  • 🕺 Long-Lewis River Region
Here's hoping for one of us: @theway-yay-ting
What do you suspect is holding up your order?

Sponsored

bartmcneill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am also interested to know where the information is coming from regarding this Lariat EB delay statement. Neither Lariat nor EB show constrained so I am wondering if there is any validity to that at all.
I think I am figuring things out. The dealer will have to sell me the Lariat I ordered for 22 and was swtiched to a 23 for the original price I ordered it for. IF the dealer can offer me a Mav that had a cancellation then he can raise the price since I am not the original orderer. Once I buy it then he can sell mine for more money to someone else. I think its a salesman racket so I am going to wait for my original ordered Lariat. I want a pepper red truck anyway.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Allocations.
Do you know the largest Ford dealer in the country? Is it a safe assumption they have the biggest allocations?
The world's largest Jeep and Ram dealer is in a town of 2,100 people in Idaho so wondering where Ford's is located.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
Do you know the largest Ford dealer in the country? Is it a safe assumption they have the biggest allocations?
The world's largest Jeep and Ram dealer is in a town of 2,100 people in Idaho so wondering where Ford's is located.
The largest Ford dealer in the country for the last two years is Bill Brown Ford in Livonia (MI).

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm assuming allocations. Beyond Ford's perplexing decision to ram through fleet orders when they are already complaining about the number of retail orders, I'm not sure why else there would be an issue. My salesman purposely steered me away from constraint items and another salesperson I spoke to this weekend seemed likewise surprised it wasn't scheduled yet given its EB motor.
Sponsored