FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the reply. Sorry if it came off as complaining that I’ve ordered two months ago with no build date. I know others are way before me (as I know others are after me with build dates). It was more that I didn’t receive an confirmation email from Ford but I’m going to contact customer service tomorrow to make sure my email is added on the order.
But thanks for the info on the allocation that I did not know. I would think this dealership would be considered small so I’ll be waiting and praying my transmission in my current vehicle does not go before my Maverick arrives! Thanks again!
You should have a confirmation email from Ford Motor Company to be in play at all, I believe. Check with your dealer again. I took an expensive hit on a labor intensive Fusion water pump replacement myself. Best of luck!
Sponsored

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You know, I wasn't expecting mine so it was more like, oh, cool. Kind of like finding a $20 on the sidewalk.

I ordered in mid-August and got scheduled today. And that's for a hybrid with a spray in bed liner.
Congrats. Regarding finding $20, I think it was Yogi that said, "a nickel ain't worth a dime these days."

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedtn, 17PriusV,22 Mavrk XLT hybridHPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No production email for me. I keep going back to my confirmation email from Ford, just to make sure I didn't imagine it. Every month or so, I send it to "my guy" at the dealership, to confirm I am still waiting and to make sure there is nothing else I need to do. Also, it puts "my guy" and the dealership on record when they reply, "it's still your truck, you should hear something eventually, you will get MSRP..." etc.
It just seems weird to think my dealership is about 20 miles from Ford World HQ. Not that that means squat.
I will just keep telling myself that when it comes, if it comes, it will be great. But trying not to let myself think it will be anytime soon.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Long term, smaller dealerships going out of business is exactly what Ford wants (but won't/can't say). Makes perfect business sense, deal with fewer dealers who more than likely are going to be in far better shape financially to buy/move high volumes.

As a consumer I really don't care which dealers bite the dust as long as there is one reasonably close to me (200 miles) that I know will be able to get a vehicle because they get plenty of allocations.
Well I hope this isn't what Ford is doing. If a small dealership isn't selling many vehicles because they can't get customers orders because of no allocations since the majority of the allocations are going to the mega dealership, is that the small dealership's fault. I think about my local dealership here in Tucson. There's, Jim Click Ford (mega), and he also has a controlling interest in the other Ford dealership, Holmes Tuttle Ford (small). Basically a single Ford dealership for Tucson, yet this week, no allocation for Holmes Tuttle. Did Jim Click get any, I don't know, but as a "smaller" dealership HT didn't get any so another week goes by on July 5th order. I just don't see how it's fair or right that smaller dealership don't get the same priority as larger dealership especially when it comes to customer online orders. A person has clearly made their intention known by placing an order and in most case giving a down payment should get just as much priority as a person who ordered at a mega dealership. Allocations should be based on the day you ordered not which dealership you ordered from. As I understand it, allocations are currently based on the number of sales a dealership does per month, but that's based on stock orders (I don't believe it also applies to online orders) So why should a larger dealership get priority over a small dealership? If the Maverick was built and sent to the small dealership Ford has still "sold" a truck the same as if it went to a large dealership. No matter where a Maverick ends up right now chances are very high it's sold, because someone has ordered it. Yes, there have been cases where a person has turned down the order, which now gives the dealership the ability to add ADM (or not) if they want. Plus according to Ford's own data a Maverick is only spending an average of 4 days on a dealer's lot before being sold. So again why should a person be penalized for ordering locally, support their local economy? As a consumer I do care about my local dealership that's been here since 1955.

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Read through 26 pages. Congrats to all those scheduled. Seems to have been a lot of Lariat's. Hang in there all those not scheduled yet. It will happen. I'm not scheduled, so looks like I'm going to have to extend my lease again as April is not looking like my month, seeing those scheduled today have a March 14 build date, which doesn't even take into account delivery time. *sigh* Maybe May for me. One good thing, I won't have to buy snow tires this winter.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's still A LOT of people from June/July waiting to a build date. So if you ordered an Ecoboost, you may receive a build date in another month or so. IF you ordered a Hybrid, you're looking at possibly not receiving your Maverick until June-July? However, a lot is going to depend on what your dealership gets for allocations! There has been a lot of folks who've ordered in Aug/Sept/Oct that are exactly the same as orders placed in June/July yet they have gotten build dates because their dealership received allocations, whereas smaller dealerships have been over looked even with early order dates. You're best bet is talk to your salesperson to get an idea of how allocation they receive month/week that are picked for a build and then ask where you are in the list of orders from that dealership.
Where are you in that scenario? I'm really sad you were overlooked AGAIN. I check each week, looking for your victory post. It has to happen soon. 🍀🤞

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There were a hell of a lot of June orders scheduled today. I hope that continues and maybe they are finally doing FIFO orders. July should be next (I'm looking at you Chris Delzona) I hope you are the next one. Good wishes all June July and August early adopters.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I hope this isn't what Ford is doing. If a small dealership isn't selling many vehicles because they can't get customers orders because of no allocations since the majority of the allocations are going to the mega dealership, is that the small dealership's fault. I think about my local dealership here in Tucson. There's, Jim Click Ford (mega), and he also has a controlling interest in the other Ford dealership, Holmes Tuttle Ford (small). Basically a single Ford dealership for Tucson, yet this week, no allocation for Holmes Tuttle. Did Jim Click get any, I don't know, but as a "smaller" dealership HT didn't get any so another week goes by on July 5th order. I just don't see how it's fair or right that smaller dealership don't get the same priority as larger dealership especially when it comes to customer online orders. A person has clearly made their intention known by placing an order and in most case giving a down payment should get just as much priority as a person who ordered at a mega dealership. Allocations should be based on the day you ordered not which dealership you ordered from. As I understand it, allocations are currently based on the number of sales a dealership does per month, but that's based on stock orders (I don't believe it also applies to online orders) So why should a larger dealership get priority over a small dealership? If the Maverick was built and sent to the small dealership Ford has still "sold" a truck the same as if it went to a large dealership. No matter where a Maverick ends up right now chances are very high it's sold, because someone has ordered it. Yes, there have been cases where a person has turned down the order, which now gives the dealership the ability to add ADM (or not) if they want. Plus according to Ford's own data a Maverick is only spending an average of 4 days on a dealer's lot before being sold. So again why should a person be penalized for ordering locally, support their local economy? As a consumer I do care about my local dealership that's been here since 1955.
VERY well said. And thank you. We need some kind of petition to sign and send to Ford. And if they don't listen then send to some of the larger newspapers. Nobody wants bad PR; but these stories are getting out and it's happening anyway. Ford needs to get a design team to create a new customer-centered approach...!

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats to all of you that got your production emails . Must be a great feeling to get one. I will probably pass out if and when I get mine
Keep a paper bag handy, because you will definitely hyperventilate.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where are you in that scenario? I'm really sad you were overlooked AGAIN. I check each week, looking for your victory post. It has to happen soon. 🍀🤞
I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, this would have been my week, but once again my salesman said my order has moved up to Priority 2 (been here quite a few times), but they didn't get any allocations for this week, yet a person in Phoenix (90 miles from me) did get a build date today and he placed his order on Aug 5th, a full month after my order! :cautious: o_O

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you called Ford Central? The day I did, back in October, I waited about 40 minutes, then was patched through to a different line and waited another 20 minutes, then a really nice person came on the phone and I made sure to be gracious...and the next thing I knew she said, "Oh, well, you're all set because you've been moved up." At the end of the conversation, I asked what she'd meant by that and she said, "I don't know what you're talking about." Called my dealer to ask what my priority code was and he was surprised to tell me it was a 2. (Dealers can only set it as high as 10; it takes a regional manager to set it at 2.) I got scheduled the next week.
I've called them a few times over the many months, and I've been told each time I'm at Priority 2 and should be schedule "very soon". I also talk to my salesman each week trying to gage my lucky lottery chances! The biggest thing he's state was he felt that the SIBL was holding my order back, so I finally gave in a switched to DIBL. So far nothing has changed and I've read where a few have done the same thing weeks (months?) ago and still haven't been scheduled. Yet, then you see all these people get scheduled with SIBL! So, I'm really thinking the allocations are not coming to my dealership, he said he still have 60 orders to fulfill, and so I sit and I wait.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, this would have been my week, but once again my salesman said my order has moved up to Priority 2 (been here quite a few times), but they didn't get any allocations for this week, yet a person in Phoenix (90 miles from me) did get a build date today and he placed his order on Aug 5th, a full month after my order! :cautious: o_O
There oughtta be a law.

Hmmm...maybe that's where the petition would lead...

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've called them a few times over the many months, and I've been told each time I'm at Priority 2 and should be schedule "very soon". I also talk to my salesman each week trying to gage my lucky lottery chances! The biggest thing he's state was he felt that the SIBL was holding my order back, so I finally gave in a switched to DIBL. So far nothing has changed and I've read where a few have done the same thing weeks (months?) ago and still haven't been scheduled. Yet, then you see all these people get scheduled with SIBL! So, I'm really thinking the allocations are not coming to my dealership, he said he still have 60 orders to fulfill, and so I sit and I wait.
I think you know I don't mean to freak you out or dishearten you... I may have misunderstood Tim Bartz, but I thought he said last week or the week before, on his podcast, that when you change your order it resets you to November 15th. Definitely double check that with Ford.

@LongMcArthur, TIM BARTZ can you please clarify? Thanks!!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you know I don't mean to freak you out or dishearten you... I may have misunderstood Tim Bartz, but I thought he said last week or the week before, on his podcast, that when you change your order it resets you to November 15th. Definitely double check that with Ford.

@LongMcArthur, TIM BARTZ can you please clarify? Thanks!!
My understanding was that if you make a major change, like color or trim level change, like go from XLT to Lariat, that will reset your date, otherwise you can make minor changes with no penalty, unless your name is Delzona, then it's "hammer time" 😁 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Sponsored