Sponsored

XLTLUXCG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia - soon to be XLT Maverick
I removed the SIBL from my order yesterday, so I'm not expecting any hope for today's scheduling šŸ˜’. I ordered on July 5th.
Delzona, I am rooting for you today!

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I can stop checkingā€¦. I literally just got off the phone with Ford Marketingā€¦. The young man told me, oh you have the Lux Package? I said why yes I doā€¦ then he said well they donā€™t have the material for spray in liners so itā€™s gonna be a good couple of weeks before that gets cleared upā€¦. Unhappily ever after šŸ˜¢

XLTLUXCG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia - soon to be XLT Maverick
I can stop checkingā€¦. I literally just got off the phone with Ford Marketingā€¦. The young man told me, oh you have the Lux Package? I said why yes I doā€¦ then he said well they donā€™t have the material for spray in liners so itā€™s gonna be a good couple of weeks before that gets cleared upā€¦. Unhappily ever after šŸ˜¢
Yea, but what does a few weeks have to do with getting a production date a month a half from now lol

BostonTruck

First Name
RH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hope this is the case, can you elaborate on your source of information?

Sponsored

Leand60

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I removed the SIBL from my order yesterday, so I'm not expecting any hope for today's scheduling šŸ˜’. I ordered on July 5th.
You can do it!

OP
OP
adawalli

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That post was dripping with my language of sarcasm.
I think you are saying that we can still take it as fact, though, right?
;)

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Where did you get that information?

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you ordered a Hybrid, you have a long wait. Those ordered in November, 2021 will likely not see delivery until October/November, 2022. But you will see delivery as a 2022 model. That's why Ford extended the model year and cut off orders for Hybrids in November, 2021.

To the lucky few who have gotten their Hybrid delivered or have had their truck built and it is in shipment, congratulations! You beat the odds.

I'll be surprised to get the email today. I'm thinking more like March/April email notification for a May/June production date. XL's like mine are low on the priority list.

But all just an educated guess.
You keep saying "XLs are low on the priority list" and that cannot be further from the truth. Currently - constraints are dictating what Ford can build in scheduled week of production.

For instance - If you order a Bronco Base today - you stand a very good chance of having it built in the next 2-3 months because it is a buildable unit. Ford still hasn't delivered all of the MY21 First Editions (most expensive bronco) and there is a very lengthy wait for Badlands LUX or Wildtrak model.

Yes - Ford wants to maximize profit. No - profit is not currently driving production decisions because everything is so constrained by parts and labor shortages.

Sponsored

Row Jimmy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger XLT
I've posted most of the following in another part of this forum, but it seems like it really belongs here. It has do with Hybrid numbers for the 2022 Maverick. I'm 69 and retired, so I'm one of those old guys. Never owned a truck, but the 2022 Maverick Hybrid just makes so darn much sense, and the price is crazy cheap, in my opinion. All that follows is my best guess, based on all the numbers from Ford and others. I may be off, but I dont think by too much. We'll see as the year progresses. It's a long post, so if you are at all impatient, that's OK, just move on:

I have a basic Maverick XL Hybrid on order with few options, all non-constrained. It was ordered with a deposit on June 15, 2021 and I got my email confirmation on June 17, 2021. Mine was the first Maverick for my dealer (near Akron, OH) and it took them a couple days to figure out how to get the order into Ford properly. Got my October email from Ford regarding the Hybrid delays with the promise for the FITS accessories once delivered. Also confirmed by order with Ford Customer Service in August, 2021. Dealer also confirms the wait for scheduling. So, all good so far, just a long wait. I don't expect to get a production scheduled email until at least March/April, 2022.

I've wanted to try to extrapolate production figures for the Maverick for the 2022 model year for a while now, but until the December, 2021 figures were released, I was missing some information to try to do so. It's all but an educated guess based on this latest info, but production and sales of cars have been an interest of mine since the '70s. What can I say, I like numbers.

In looking at production so far, it's looking to me that about 75,000 Mavericks will be produced for the now extended 2022 model year. Some small number will be non-US and/or Canada trucks. Per a previous posting on this forum, it looks like 2022 Mavericks will be produced until about October 7, 2022 or so, an extension by about two months over what was previously expected. The 2023 Maverick production is now scheduled for week of October 24, 2022. (All subject to change, of course.) SInce Ford has consistently said about 40% of production will be Hybrids, that means a split of 30,000 Hybrids and 45,000 2.0 EB drivetrains. To me, that makes sense given all the chip shortages, particularly affecting electrified vehicles, and given what has been produced and sold so far. For example, only 27,140 Mustang Mach-E vehicles were sold in 2021..

Ford had no real incentive to produce a lot Hybrids after the EPA certification delay was announced. It made sense to produce some, so the Hermosillo plant workforce kept up on how to produce them, but for revenue, it made perfect sense to focus on what you could sell and thus book for revenue, which was the 2.0 EB trucks. That's why only 2,165 Maverick Hybrids were sold for 2021, with six for November and the rest for December.

So, assuming all this, I extrapolated, given the 2,165 Hybrids delivered and thus sold in 2021. I expect that for the 12 months from December, 2021 (including the negligible six from November in the December totals) through November, 2022, I expect there will be about 2,500 Hybrids sold per month, on average. That adds up to my estimate of 30,000 Hybrid Mavericks and thus 75,000 total Mavericks for the model year. (The other 45,000 will be the 2.0 EB trucks.) I really doubt Ford will hit anywhere near 100,000 total produced, as Ford production has been down about 20% for 2021 where there is a hybrid option (like the Ford Escape and Lincoln Corsair), and the chip shortage is not really expected to start to ease much until late in 2022.

That means, in reality, there have been very few Hybrids delivered so far out of that 30,000, and explains why so many Hybrid trucks are not scheduled for production yet. XLT and Lariat Hybrid trucks will likely continue to get priority for those that are scheduled, to try to maximize profit in these constrained times. Not my favorite of circumstances, but this is consistent with Ford extending the model year to get 2022 orders produced. (Note: I expect only about 3,000 base-model $19,995 XL Hybrids like mine will be produced for 2022, since overall the XL is only around 10% of production.) It's clear to me that Ford really wants to keep it's commitment to all those who ordered a truck sight unseen. I'm also thinking that Ford cut off the 2022 Hybrid orders in November, 2021 , because it hit my estimated 30,000 order limit, given the expected number of parts to be available for them. It looks to me Ford just won't have the parts to make more than about this many. As the order banks were open for the 2022 Maverick Hybrid for just over 5 months, that means about 6,000 Hybrids were ordered per month, on average. This also makes sense to me, since we know per this forum at least, that the order rate up till then was at least 60% or more for Hybrids, not the 40% originally expected, and might be a lot higher.

On production in general, Ford is having a tough time making enough electrified vehicles. My son ordered a 2021 PHEV Escape, also in June, 2021. When it was rolled over to the 2022 model year, the order was amended with a new color choice (the original color chosen was no longer available for 2022) and as of today, it too is still not scheduled. He has also just ordered a 2022 Mustang Mach-E, which may well roll into 2023. He really wants them for his family, but is stuck waiting, just like so many of us. Just have to wait and see.

So, like a lot of folks, I'm frustrated I don't have my truck, but at the same time, I get it. As of December 31, 2021, just a few days ago, only 2,165 of those estimated 30,000 2022 Hybrid trucks ordered have been delivered, and thus sold. That's just over 7%, so almost 93% are yet to be delivered. Given the trickle of parts, I doubt there will many months where more than 2,500 Hybrids will be produced, and it will take until early October, 2022 to get them all produced, Yes, I may be off, but I don't think by too much.

Full disclosure: I am retired from 40 years in IT, and have never worked for Ford or any Ford supplier or dealership. The auto industry and cars in general are a hobby of mine, along with classic recreational boats. My Maverick will be used to tow my three boats, all under 2000 pounds rigged, and I was very excited when Ford formally announced the Maverick on June 8, 2021. In my life so far at age 69, I have owned 37 cars and trucks, with 13 of them Fords, the rest a variety of makes and models. I am selling a 1997 Toyota Paseo convertible (Toyota Tercel-based) and a 2013 Volvo C70 retractable hardtop convertible (loosely Ford Focus-based) in Spring, 2022 to pay for my Maverick XL Hybrid. (The Volvo C70 was one of those rare convertibles rated to tow 2000 lbs.) Will keep my 1973 Ford Mustang convertible with a 250 six and C4 transmission. (I'm into smooth and quiet, not fast and loud. The Maverick Hybrid is perfect.). In realty, I realize I will be lucky to get it by Memorial Day, more likely by July 4, and maybe not until Labor Day, but definitely by Thanksgiving, 2022.

That's the reality of the production today of any electrified vehicle. Even Teslas can take a number of months, depending on the model, and they have been doing it for over 10 years. Ford F-150 Lightning truck production will ramp up slowly and will likely take at 2-3 years to fill all orders placed already. (In all cases, do not confuse reservations with orders. The reservation system is nothing more than a lead generation system for dealers, plus it serves as another way for Ford Marketing to gauge interest in new models.) Mustang Mach-E vehicles will continue to slowly ramp up through 2022, and PHEV Ford Escapes and Lincoln Corsairs will also be in very short supply against demand for a couple of years. I consider myself lucky that I ordered my Maverick when I did, and will be very surprised if I don't eventually see my truck delivered to me by Thanksgiving, 2022. Yeah, it's a long time, but I need to be patient. At least I'm getting it for the $19,995, plus destination, options, doc fees, and sales tax. About $24,000 out the door, and maybe a little less with my Farm Bureau $500 coupon. A true bargain in my opinion for a quite capable truck in today's crazy world. Are there more capable trucks out there? Of course. But, for a retired guy like me, the key question to answer is this: Is a 2022 Maverick XL Hybrid enough truck? For ME, the answer is a resounding YES.
I appreciate your posting this and the time you spent putting it all together. This helps me keep everything in perspective regarding the production process and if your numbers are off I don't think they are by much. Your analysis makes sense to me, so thanks again.

Jmsilver25

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Maverick XLT AWD ordered
You could try updating your lux package to have the drop in hard liner. That's what I did. Hoping that speeds things up.

Jmsilver25

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Maverick XLT AWD ordered
Also I see a lot of predictions on build dates for hybrid models. What about EB models? I ordered and had confirmation of order Nov 3rd. Any idea how much longer I'll be waiting? I have an XLT Lux package with drop in bed liner, FX4 package and co Pilot

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think you are saying that we can still take it as fact, though, right?
;)
Yep.. The Scheduling Gods must listen as it has been written :)

OP
OP
adawalli

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine