Sponsored

bbishop0806

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiesta
Ok, so does this mean if I go to Ford today and order one that it will be built in December? Or is it still going to take longer to get the hybrid compared to the eco boost?
who know's but i would say chances of getting one build in december after ordering today would be slim. lot of june orders still waiting for build dates.
Sponsored

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
The elephant in the room here is that the order banks for the entire MY2022 will be filled and will close in November. That allows Ford to spread those builds over the next 8-10 months if needed. I never really believed the comments like "you won't get your hybrid until the Spring" until now.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Ok, so does this mean if I go to Ford today and order one that it will be built in December? Or is it still going to take longer to get the hybrid compared to the eco boost?
I have had several dealers tell me over 6 months wait, a few said they have no idea how long the wait could be for a hybrid. A few said up to a year. This is why I have not ordered. I’ll wait and see what else is out there or coming soon by 2022 or 23 in terms of hybrids.

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
Official release just posted by Ford, confirming the Hybrid window sticker posted yesterday.

Press Release: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...42-mpg-city-all-new-ford-maverick-hybrid.html

EPA-ESTIMATED 42 MPG CITY! ALL-NEW FORD MAVERICK HYBRID IS NOW AMERICA'S MOST FUEL-EFFICIENT HYBRID PICKUP

OCT 21, 2021 | DEARBORN, MICH.

• The all-new 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid – the first standard hybrid pickup in America – officially has an EPA-estimated rating of 42 miles per gallon in the city
  • The first Maverick Hybrid pickups are expected to start shipping in December with customer deliveries expected to start in January, arriving with an EPA-estimated rating of 37 mpg combined and an EPA-estimated driving range of more than 500 miles.
  • The Ford Maverick EcoBoost pickup is off to a fast start with the first customers taking delivery of the 2.0-liter EcoBoost version in September and more on their way to dealers and customers nationwide
DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 21, 2021 – The all-new 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid pickup – the first standard hybrid pickup in America – is now officially America’s most fuel-efficient hybrid pickup with an EPA-estimated rating of 42 mpg city.1

The 2.5-liter hybrid has an EPA-estimated rating of 37 mpg combined, 33 mpg highway and an EPA-estimated range of more than 500 miles on a single tank of gas.2

“Our team set out to redefine what a truck could be with Maverick, and we’ve done that with an EPA-estimated 42 mpg city that beats the 2022 Honda Civic 1.5-liter 4-cylinder automatic (variable gear ratio) gasoline engine. At the same time, Maverick offers room for five and plenty of towing and hauling for weekend trips or do-it-yourself projects,” said Chris Mazur, Ford Maverick chief engineer.3

Maverick uses Ford’s innovative fourth-generation hybrid propulsion system, which includes an all-new 2.5-liter Atkinson cycle hybrid engine and electronic continuously variable transmission. Its briefcase-size, liquid-cooled lithium-ion battery is packaged smartly below the second-row seats rather than occupying a significant portion of the cargo area.

Maverick Hybrid is expected to start shipping in December with the first customer deliveries expected in January 2022 so required state and federal emissions certification can be completed.

Due to high demand, all Maverick Hybrid production for the 2022 model year is expected to be fully reserved by early November. Once all 2022 Maverick Hybrids have been reserved, ordering for Maverick Hybrid will close until reopening next summer.

Customers are still able to place orders for Maverick with the 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine, which is already on sale and off to a fast start with more on their way to dealers and customers nationwide.

# # #

1Actual mileage will vary.

2Range calculation based on 13.8-gallon tank and EPA-estimated rating of 37 mpg combined. Actual mileage will vary.

3Payload, towing, and EPA-estimated Fuel Economy Ratings are independent attributes and may not be achieved simultaneously.
WOOO HOOOO!!!! 🥳
This made my morning!!!!

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We should all pat ourselves on the back. This forum probably pushed FoMoCo PR to release something official, which is great to see. Congrats everyone, and ty Ford! 👏👏👏

But -- always a but -- I don't count this as Fall '21. Not a single Ford customer will have a Hybrid until winter next year. Sorry Ford.

Sponsored

Bill R

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKZ
Official release just posted by Ford, confirming the Hybrid window sticker posted yesterday.

Press Release: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...42-mpg-city-all-new-ford-maverick-hybrid.html

EPA-ESTIMATED 42 MPG CITY! ALL-NEW FORD MAVERICK HYBRID IS NOW AMERICA'S MOST FUEL-EFFICIENT HYBRID PICKUP

• The all-new 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid – the first standard hybrid pickup in America – officially has an EPA-estimated rating of 42 miles per gallon in the city
  • The first Maverick Hybrid pickups are expected to start shipping in December with customer deliveries expected to start in January, arriving with an EPA-estimated rating of 37 mpg combined and an EPA-estimated driving range of more than 500 miles.
  • The Ford Maverick EcoBoost pickup is off to a fast start with the first customers taking delivery of the 2.0-liter EcoBoost version in September and more on their way to dealers and customers nationwide
DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 21, 2021 – The all-new 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid pickup – the first standard hybrid pickup in America – is now officially America’s most fuel-efficient hybrid pickup with an EPA-estimated rating of 42 mpg city.1

The 2.5-liter hybrid has an EPA-estimated rating of 37 mpg combined, 33 mpg highway and an EPA-estimated range of more than 500 miles on a single tank of gas.2

“Our team set out to redefine what a truck could be with Maverick, and we’ve done that with an EPA-estimated 42 mpg city that beats the 2022 Honda Civic 1.5-liter 4-cylinder automatic (variable gear ratio) gasoline engine. At the same time, Maverick offers room for five and plenty of towing and hauling for weekend trips or do-it-yourself projects,” said Chris Mazur, Ford Maverick chief engineer.3

Maverick uses Ford’s innovative fourth-generation hybrid propulsion system, which includes an all-new 2.5-liter Atkinson cycle hybrid engine and electronic continuously variable transmission. Its briefcase-size, liquid-cooled lithium-ion battery is packaged smartly below the second-row seats rather than occupying a significant portion of the cargo area.

Maverick Hybrid is expected to start shipping in December with the first customer deliveries expected in January 2022 so required state and federal emissions certification can be completed.

Due to high demand, all Maverick Hybrid production for the 2022 model year is expected to be fully reserved by early November. Once all 2022 Maverick Hybrids have been reserved, ordering for Maverick Hybrid will close until reopening next summer.

Customers are still able to place orders for Maverick with the 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine, which is already on sale and off to a fast start with more on their way to dealers and customers nationwide.

# # #

2Range calculation based on 13.8-gallon tank and EPA-estimated rating of 37 mpg combined. Actual mileage will vary.

3Payload, towing, and EPA-estimated Fuel Economy Ratings are independent attributes and may not be achieved simultaneously.
Its great to hear that the EPA has given this MPG ratings. I'm glad I have had my order in for months so hopefully orders will be filled soon. (HEHE)

Maven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I appreciate the official communication. I would not go as far as clap in happiness. So hybrid not available in fall, nice not. Maybe the paint chipping to metal so easily can be addressed in the mean time, my only silver lining.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow. I’m glad I got my order in when I did at the end of September.
Me too. And, I didn't even know the Maverick existed before that. I'm not a car aficionado, so I was just roaming the internet looking for a replacement for my leased vehicle.

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm glad for all the hybrid orders that you all finally have a end in site.
Same.. now if I can could win the scheduling lotto today lol

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided

# # #

I think most everyone already knew these numbers (40mpg has been stated for how long now?) would come. So does this only serve to make the order and delivery process even more backed-up, or does it turn away more potential buyers when they find out they won’t get theirs until late 2022 or 23?

Sponsored

Ryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No car
Highly doubt it. Most likely means they’ve calculated how many hybrids they can produce before a certain date next year so they’re cutting it off once they hit that number.

That way they don’t have a bunch of orders either sit for a year unbuilt or have to convert a ton to MY2023.

they can
Highly doubt it. Most likely means they’ve calculated how many hybrids they can produce before a certain date next year so they’re cutting it off once they hit that number.

That way they don’t have a bunch of orders either sit for a year unbuilt or have to convert a ton to MY2023.
Does anyone have inside information on what Fords new finance rates will be after November 1? I’m in a jam and looks like I’ll be ordering the eco boost engine because I simply can’t wait that long. I have a low back injury and need something I can drive sooner not later. The hybrid will have to wait for me for now.

GAMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The Hybrid sticker posted yesterday had a VIN in the 10,000 range with an assumed build date of 10/19. My hybrid, scheduled for the week of 12/6, has a VIN in the 22,000 range. I assume that means they intend to build 12,000 Mavericks between 10/19 and 12/6-10. If so, that gives us an idea of their production rate assuming no more part shortages. I don't know if hybrids and EB's have separate sequencing of VIN numbers.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think most everyone already knew these numbers (40mpg has been stated for how long now?) would come. So does this only serve to make the order and delivery process even more backed-up, or does it turn away more potential buyers when they find out they won’t get theirs until late 2022 or 23?
I'm just happy that it sounds like Ford has run the numbers and knows how many hybrids they can produce. In my mind that makes it more likely that I will receive the one that I have already ordered.

Last edited:

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also the question is why the hell don't they ship the ones already built?!
Yeah. It seems that if they put those things on the train now, they'd be in dealer lots in November, not January!
Sponsored