First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Crazy, the EB should get better MPGs than my 176hp, 2014 AWD Rav4. Honestly if they had only released the Maverick with the Echoboost I would have still bought it, the hybrid is just icing on the cake.
Are you saying the Ecoboost should get better mileage than your RAV4? Why, exactly? The Mav weighs more, has lesser of an aerodynamic body, tows more, makes like 75 more hp and 100 more lb/ft torque...
Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you saying the Ecoboost should get better mileage than your RAV4? Why, exactly? The Mav weighs more, has lesser of an aerodynamic body, tows more, makes like 75 more hp and 100 more lb/ft torque...
I'm just saying if that sticker is to be believed, then it should get better MPGs. Obviously we won't know until we get some real world results. My Rav4 gets 25MPG avg.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm just saying if that sticker is to be believed, then it should get better MPGs. Obviously we won't know until we get some real world results. My Rav4 gets 25MPG avg.
Ah, that verbiage makes more sense. 👍🏻

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So basically no difference between AWD MPG and FWD....
I'm pretty sure the AWD disengages when not needed. The only difference then would be the weight.

I bet there is a bigger difference between 4k towing and non 4k due to the gearing.

Sponsored

XVictorious

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Virginia, but I wish I was back in Texas!
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
What year?

I had a late 90s Ranger with the Cologne 4.0L so it was a gas guzzler but no complaints otherwise. And old 4bangers in Rangers are near impossible to find, at least in decent shape ...
It was a '09 Ranger with a 5-speed. It surely never won any races, but it would purr along at 70 mph.
Sponsored