First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500/Maverick ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think this point is missed in the debate... The rangers i have seen were in the $40k range. Not sure how ordering works and if you could get a base one. But I think we should stop with questioning peoples reasoning for buying an EB maverick. The cost difference alone is enough.
I have had a lot of fun reading the Maverick vs Ranger.
My reason for going with the hybrid Maverick is that I am cheap and I have kids.
For 2021 - 2022 it was a steal and Ford knows this; but for how much longer? I am never going to take the truck off road and that is a big point for most who ordered it.
I currently own a Dodge Ram crew cab 4x4 with a HEMI and I pay big time in fuel! The Ram has tons of room for my family and we feel safe in the winter with it.
The Ranger even in a base level is great off road and everything, but zip in interior room. This is the trump card that Maverick has for me.

Now then "almost" everyone is worked up waiting on their orders, but what is it going to be like when Ford launches the "Maverick Lightning" and at what kind of crazy price?
I have been watching this on YouTube.
Sponsored

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's a 20% thing.
A brand-new Ranger is going to cost about 20% more than a brand-new Maverick.
A Maverick Ecoboost is going to get about 20% more mileage than a Ranger Ecoboost.
A Maverick Hybrid is going to give you roughly 20% less horsepower than a Maverick Ecoboost.

For those of us who feel we can reasonably afford a truck as long as it's in the $25,000 to $30,000 range, actually WANT a truck that's smaller than a Ranger, and still want the truck to respond when we step on the gas pedal, the Maverick Ecoboost hits that sweet spot.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Are you saying there are no markups on Rangers?

That seems unlikely.
Most dealers in my area are not marking up Rangers because no one wants them. Case in point- my local dealer has an AWD Lariat Ranger for $41500. They also have a Lariat AWD with ADM of course for $40,000. For $1,500 I would get the Lariat Ranger. The ADM that a lot of dealers are adding to Mavericks on the lot makes it a moot point where cost is concerned.

Deleted member 4137

Wouldn’t it be great if all of them got built. Ford has a real winner in the Maverick.
I just hope that my XLT Hybrid ordered on 10/12 /21 gets built on 10/10 like Customer Service told me on 9/30
I have the same order on the same day and I don't even have a Vin.# yet. You are lucky.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you’re ordering a Maverick ecoboost, you want “capability” and decent gas mileage. But there’s a Maverick with better gas mileage and many other trucks that are far more capable with only slightly worse MPG, so I don’t fully understand the ecoboost Maverick. I understand the Ranger having ecoboost, but for the Maverick to have ecoboost, I don’t understand why anybody would buy that truck when the whole draw is the cheap MSRP and crazy gas mileage in truck form. Just buy a Ranger or buy the hybrid Maverick is how I see it. The ecoboost Maverick has neither the gas mileage nor the capability of those two options, and isn’t a compelling enough compromise of both to make it worth buying, in my opinion. Just my opinion, lots of folks will disagree.
Will a Ranger get close to the mileage that my XL EB gets? I understand the appeal of an EB Maverick, does everything I wanted it to do.

Ford Maverick 📈 Maverick September 2022 Sales: 3,154 Sold / 10,094 Produced. 86,000+ New 2023 Mavericks Ordered! IMG_20220927_075021

Sponsored

Pikey87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If any truth to this, things aren't all doom and gloom. Ford can easily build 86,000 and less than half hybrids. You might still be able to get one off the lot later this year.
Oh you sweet summer child. Don't ever lose that.
🤣 Sorry, I had to lol.

KFBR392

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will a Ranger get close to the mileage that my XL EB gets? I understand the appeal of an EB Maverick, does everything I wanted it to do.

IMG_20220927_075021.jpg
I can’t take you seriously because you added an ST badge. Lol

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can’t take you seriously because you added an ST badge. Lol
Ford definitely does not offer a ST Maverick (Administrator confirmed that) so I had to make my own ST (Small Truck) package.

Last edited:

KFBR392

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford definitely does not offer a ST Maverick (Administrator confirmed that) so I had to make my own ST (Small Truck).
Just busting your balls. That being said, no idea why you needed forum Admin to confirm that for you. If you need help determining the color of the sky, let us know. We will be happy to assist you.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just busting your balls. That being said, no idea why you needed forum Admin to confirm that for you. If you need help determining the color of the sky, let us know. We will be happy to assist you.
At one time a member posted pictures of a VB ST prototype that the administrator quickly removed. When I questioned the Administrator as to why, I personally was assured that a ST model did not exist. I found that funny since the administartor had posted pictures of a Maverick with STX decals which is not an option either.

Sponsored

2020 GT500

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2023 Miata RF Club
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oct-Jan 2023 Maverick SALES: 0, nada, none. Side airbag recall. Sad.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's a 20% thing.
A brand-new Ranger is going to cost about 20% more than a brand-new Maverick.
A Maverick Ecoboost is going to get about 20% more mileage than a Ranger Ecoboost.
A Maverick Hybrid is going to give you roughly 20% less horsepower than a Maverick Ecoboost.

For those of us who feel we can reasonably afford a truck as long as it's in the $25,000 to $30,000 range, actually WANT a truck that's smaller than a Ranger, and still want the truck to respond when we step on the gas pedal, the Maverick Ecoboost hits that sweet spot.
Don't forget the 30-60% mileage loss for ordering the Ecoboost instead of the Hybrid. My wife's Escape 2.0 averaged 18mpg in city driving. Got about 27-28 on the highway. 95% of all our driving is city, where the Hybrid gets more than double the MPG.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

At one time a member posted pictures of a VB ST prototype that the administrator quickly removed. When I questioned the Administrator as to why, I personally was assured that a ST model did not exist. I found that funny since the administartor had posted pictures of a Maverick with STX decals which is not an option either.
I might build my own STX package when I get my Maverick (if it gets built) I had a 13 F150 STX that was a great truck.

Ford Maverick 📈 Maverick September 2022 Sales: 3,154 Sold / 10,094 Produced. 86,000+ New 2023 Mavericks Ordered! 13F150at store

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most here are reading way too much into the constraint percentages. Just because Ford was expecting 35% doesn't mean they can't source more hybrid engines. They're already committing to more hybrids in Mexico and Brazil this year as well.
I think that the 60/40% was dropped to the 65/35% gas/hybrid because of problems sourcing materials for the batteries, the permanent magnets, in addition to the actual production of all parts. The ratio was only set to what was believed the max number of each that could be expected to be built irregardless of number of orders recieved.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think that the 60/40% was dropped to the 65/35% gas/hybrid because of problems sourcing materials for the batteries, the permanent magnets, in addition to the actual production of all parts. The ratio was only set to what was believed the max number of each that could be expected to be built irregardless of number of orders recieved.
It can’t be “irregardless of number of orders” when you only supply percentages. If there is a “max number of each” that can be built then that should be communicated in finite numbers as percentages are utterly meaningless if not linearly distributed.
Sponsored