Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never said the problem was capacity; I said if Ford could build more Mavericks, they would as they certainly have the ability to do so..
There's no doubt Ford could build more Mavericks, they just choose not to and build BS instead.
Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen a great deal of Sports as well. I just can't help but imagine that with those production numbers, Ford has to be getting very close to fulfilling retail demand of Bronco Sports, thus dealers getting them as stock. And even as dealer stock, folks will buy them right up. I was ultimately just pointing out that Ford has the capacity to build more Mavericks, and I like to think if they could build more, they would. I know parts shortages are real, but I also think Ford is holding back a bit because they underestimated the popularity of the Maverick, thus they will only build so many at current prices, then shut down ordering, bump prices and reopen the books. I don't see it being all that long before the base price of Mavericks jump to $24,995.
I can tell you that I wouldn’t be buying a new vehicle if it wasn’t for the $20,000 price. $25,000 plus more in taxes would not be in my budget. I would have just put some me new tires and brakes on my 2012 Chevy Colorado.

gclmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022Maverick,87 zuzu Trooper 2Dr. Gr.Vitara Xsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All I know is they did't build mine !!!!!!!

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve got zero visibility into the constraints but it should be noted that the majority of the Bronco Sports have an engine option that is not available on the Maverick and none of them have the hybrid powertrain. If Ford is constrained on both the Maverick engine options but they can get the 3 cylinder motors they have no choice but to run Bronco Sport production to keep the factory busy. They have to split the 2.0 Ecoboosts between the two models.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve got zero visibility into the constraints but it should be noted that the majority of the Bronco Sports have an engine option that is not available on the Maverick and none of them have the hybrid powertrain. If Ford is constrained on both the Maverick engine options but they can get the 3 cylinder motors they have no choice but to run Bronco Sport production to keep the factory busy. They have to split the 2.0 Ecoboosts between the two models.
But Ford has never said the 2.0 Ecoboost is a constraint. And Ford originally said their planned product mix for the Maverick was 60% EB and 40% Hybrid. So they should have more than enough 2.0 EB engines.

Sponsored

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But Ford has never said the 2.0 Ecoboost is a constraint. And Ford originally said their planned product mix for the Maverick was 60% EB and 40% Hybrid. So they should have more than enough 2.0 EB engines.
Well at some level that 2.0 motor is constrained. They don't have an unlimited supply of them whenever they snap their fingers. And that motor is in other products too. Ford is going to allocate those motors to the various products that use them. How many are going to Maverick vs. Bronco Sport vs. Escape vs. Edge vs. a couple of Lincoln products vs. Ford international products? Which of these Ford products brings in the highest margins?

PaPaG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Alto
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also keep in mind vehicles are not produced in sequential order of VINs. You get a VIN when your truck is scheduled to a week but by the time you finally go into production the trucks right next to yours could have VINS 10,000 or more away from yours.

Absolutely true, but it doesn't mean that mine is lowest or highest. Either way they have manufactured 67K this year according to the posted data. My VIN is 73K. There are VIN's out their over 110K. I think that this is an indicator that Hermosillo will be producing predominantly Mavericks the remainder of the year.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got my VIN in May A82xxx.
Customer Service and Dealer say it was "produced" 8/12, however it seems to be stuck in production ever since. Some members have suggested there is a back up in the yard waiting for parts.. So if they have a bunch of units stacked up in the yard and if they get the parts, there may be a flurry of shipping soon and Ford will deliver everything they have promised.
I hope
XL hybrid with hitch
Some Googling tells me that the railcars they use for automotive transport carry either 10 or 15 vehicles per railcar, depending on if it is a 2 level versus 3 level railcar. The Maverick is tall enough that it cant go on a tri-level due to each level in a tri-level only being 5 foot 3 or 5 foot 5. So now we need someone to go count how long the northbound trains are as they cross the border and multiply by 10 for us. Haha. Do some reconnaissance for us. Although I bet there are a ton of Bronco Sport in there as well.....

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some Googling tells me that the railcars they use for automotive transport carry either 10 or 15 vehicles per railcar, depending on if it is a 2 level versus 3 level railcar. The Maverick is tall enough that it cant go on a tri-level due to each level in a tri-level only being 5 foot 3 or 5 foot 5. So now we need someone to go count how long the northbound trains are as they cross the border and multiply by 10 for us. Haha. Do some reconnaissance for us. Although I bet there are a ton of Bronco Sport in there as well.....
There are a lot of train nerds who do train spotting but I think they are focused more on the engines than on the number and type of railcars. But it is amazing to think that in the internet age it is possible to connect to other communities who could actually answer the question of how many auto carriers crossed the border.

Charles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
why haven't they all been sold?
Sponsored