First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With as many Bronco Sports as Hermosillo is cranking out, I have to believe if Ford could build more Mavericks, they would :oops: That plant certainly has the capacity. They've almost built 100k Bronco Sports this year already, is there really that much demand for the sports? I'd think those would start showing up on lots as dealer stock pretty soon, no way are there more outstanding retail orders for BS than the Maverick.
Sports have year ahead of mavericks helps a lot.
Sponsored

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Vic Bailey Ford in Spartanburg, SC today had three white Maverick AWD XLs on their lot...commercial fleet units already sold to the government. They also have about 60-70 F150s (which may or may not be for the same customer, but definitely are commercial fleet units that aren't for sale to mere mortals like you and me).

The salesman told me the government might pick them up tomorrow, or they might pick them up six months from now.

I just found it interesting that the government (I assume he meant the USA government, but maybe it's the state of South Carolina) buys fleets of vehicles and leaves them with the dealer, I presume for warranty purposes, 6-8 months in advance so they're available as soon as they need them while the rest of us order vehicles 6 months to over a year in advance and can't wait to take delivery. :D

I also found it interesting that when the government has the option of buying a hybrid or a gas Maverick, they opt for gas...and while everything else about these fleet units appears to be base, they do spring for the all-wheel drive option.

TorqueWrenchUSA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03' VDC Outback wagon, 97' zoom zoom Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since mine went into production on August 10th and still says it's in production to this day with the BCE modules showing as active. I wonder if it still counted to the amount of August builds, or if it has to be declared as 'built' for it to add to the build totals for that month.

PaPaG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Alto
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been curious about the production of all these VIN's since mine was just completed as 73K on 8/30. Then I noticed pouring over these #'s from Hermosillo and realized they are making about 5K vehicles a week for the last 6 weeks of production (about 10K during 2 weeks of July and 21K for August). If they are done with Bronco Sports for MY22 and they are making Mavericks through 2 weeks of November that could be another 50 - 60K without any complications.
So I guess they may be able to make some people happy... don't know they will, but they could;)

Sponsored

MayhemMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
also have to figure engine type, trim etc. want a base Mavrick it will be delivered with in a hour !!!
Uh, not my experience. Base Maverick ordered September 21 2021. Got built e-mail notification notice with VIN from Ford yesterday. I did have a slide rear window and block heater as options . .. . . The digits of my VIN are 73734 So, thats the number of units built at that time or close to it ?

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With as many Bronco Sports as Hermosillo is cranking out, I have to believe if Ford could build more Mavericks, they would :oops: That plant certainly has the capacity. They've almost built 100k Bronco Sports this year already, is there really that much demand for the sports? I'd think those would start showing up on lots as dealer stock pretty soon, no way are there more outstanding retail orders for BS than the Maverick.
I see Bronco Sports on the road and in parking lots all the time, I've seen 4 Mavericks so I'd have to say yes indeed there is a large demand for the Bronco Sport.

Grmpy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got my VIN in May A82xxx.
Customer Service and Dealer say it was "produced" 8/12, however it seems to be stuck in production ever since. Some members have suggested there is a back up in the yard waiting for parts.. So if they have a bunch of units stacked up in the yard and if they get the parts, there may be a flurry of shipping soon and Ford will deliver everything they have promised.
I hope
XL hybrid with hitch

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The problem is not plant capacity. The problem is the availability of parts. The Bronco Sport is about $10K more expensive than the Maverick so Ford is allocating parts for the BS. It's been that way all year. It's not a matter of customer demand, it's a matter of Ford profit.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have been curious about the production of all these VIN's since mine was just completed as 73K on 8/30. Then I noticed pouring over these #'s from Hermosillo and realized they are making about 5K vehicles a week for the last 6 weeks of production (about 10K during 2 weeks of July and 21K for August). If they are done with Bronco Sports for MY22 and they are making Mavericks through 2 weeks of November that could be another 50 - 60K without any complications.
So I guess they may be able to make some people happy... don't know they will, but they could;)
Also keep in mind vehicles are not produced in sequential order of VINs. You get a VIN when your truck is scheduled to a week but by the time you finally go into production the trucks right next to yours could have VINS 10,000 or more away from yours.

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been seeing tons of Bronco Sports since late Winter around here. A lot more of them than regular Broncos or Mavericks.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
The problem is not plant capacity. The problem is the availability of parts. The Bronco Sport is about $10K more expensive than the Maverick so Ford is allocating parts for the BS. It's been that way all year. It's not a matter of customer demand, it's a matter of Ford profit.
I never said the problem was capacity; I said if Ford could build more Mavericks, they would as they certainly have the ability to do so..

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I have been seeing tons of Bronco Sports since late Winter around here. A lot more of them than regular Broncos or Mavericks.
I've seen a great deal of Sports as well. I just can't help but imagine that with those production numbers, Ford has to be getting very close to fulfilling retail demand of Bronco Sports, thus dealers getting them as stock. And even as dealer stock, folks will buy them right up. I was ultimately just pointing out that Ford has the capacity to build more Mavericks, and I like to think if they could build more, they would. I know parts shortages are real, but I also think Ford is holding back a bit because they underestimated the popularity of the Maverick, thus they will only build so many at current prices, then shut down ordering, bump prices and reopen the books. I don't see it being all that long before the base price of Mavericks jump to $24,995.
Sponsored