Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

People generally don't enjoy debating with me, I have no idea why.
It seems obvious that you are just trolling for argument. Your initial comments (engine comparison between escape and maverick) were reasonable, but you then jumped into production shifts across model and plant as obvious (and dumb not to do). Your most recent post was more reasoned citing long term planning and procurement -- but is counter to your original ranting post.

I for one don't value time spent arguing over silliness having already wasted too much time here on the forum. If the commentary were well thought out and reasoned argument, opposed to random or circular logic you might have a better chance at debate. Otherwise, I find it better to just let 'the debate' slide (perhaps with humor).

Sorry @Automate, I didn't want to see your valuable content in this thread diminished by somewhat pointless discussion. Thank you for posting the chart and keeping us informed.
Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Speaking of manufacturing capacity, though. Ford has to be thinking about how to increase Maverick production.

Prior to 2021, Ford made a hell of a lot of unibody cars and SUVs across the United States and Canada. Today, there are very few, Flat Rock makes the Mustang and Mach-E, Hermasillo we know.. and if I'm a betting man, I would guess Oakville Ontario is getting retooled for Mavericks. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ford_factories

Oakville makes the Edge and the Edge is gone after this year.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It seems obvious that you are just trolling for argument. Your initial comments (engine comparison between escape and maverick) were reasonable, but you then jumped into production shifts across model and plant as obvious (and dumb not to do). Your most recent post was more reasoned citing long term planning and procurement -- but is counter to your original ranting post.

I for one don't value time spent arguing over silliness having already wasted too much time here on the forum. If the commentary were well thought out and reasoned argument, opposed to random or circular logic you might have a better chance at debate. Otherwise, I find it better to just let 'the debate' slide (perhaps with humor).

Sorry @Automate, I didn't want to see your valuable content in this thread diminished by somewhat pointless discussion. Thank you for posting the chart and keeping us informed.
Not trolling. Never called anyone names or personally attacked them, or posted something obviously incorrect just to incite a riot. That's trolling.

Definitely debating and enjoying it. Cheers.

OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Speaking of manufacturing capacity, though. Ford has to be thinking about how to increase Maverick production.

Prior to 2021, Ford made a hell of a lot of unibody cars and SUVs across the United States and Canada. Today, there are very few, Flat Rock makes the Mustang and Mach-E, Hermasillo we know.. and if I'm a betting man, I would guess Oakville Ontario is getting retooled for Mavericks. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ford_factories

Oakville makes the Edge and the Edge is gone after this year.
They also have to factor in future plug-in hybrid and full electric Mavericks.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm going to put on my tin foil hat here.

Ford wants to keep the Maverick production low so that the demand outpaces supply and stays high and dealers are "forced" to add ADM to trucks on the lot because of the demand. This ADM gives Ford the okay in their mind to raise the MSRP higher each year because at least you aren't paying with the dealers are asking.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going to put on my tin foil hat here.

Ford wants to keep the Maverick production low so that the demand outpaces supply and stays high and dealers are "forced" to add ADM to trucks on the lot because of the demand. This ADM gives Ford the okay in their mind to raise the MSRP higher each year because at least you aren't paying with the dealers are asking.
Possible, but why then add a 3rd shift to the factory?

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Continuing onto my tin foil hat theory.

Did they ever say the 3rd shift was going to be added onto the 2nd one? Maybe Ford wants to really be cheap and instead of two 8 hour shifts they make three 6 hr shifts and then don't have to provide benefits because they are no longer full-time employees. More cost savings by Ford!

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It will be interesting to see if they continue to build a high volume of hybrids. I go with the theory that they are trying to get the hybrid balanced out sooner so they can give those left the the ultimatum to switch to EB or cancel their order all together. I don't think they want to be left hanging later in the year with a bunch of orders they can't build with that 3rd shift.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Of the 3 vehicles produced at Hermasillo, the Bronco Sport has the highest starting and fully optioned price. The Maverick has the lowest.....
........ projections are wrong- Maverick demand is higher, Escape is lower, and Bronco Sport a lot lower. There actually is a logical reason to produce a BS instead of a Maverick, namely profit. But that profit doesn't exist if the sales are not there, so I'm pretty certain that Ford would make more Mavericks if they were able, starting with profitable Mavericks.
I'm not sure it affects your debate here much, but the Escapes are not built in Mexico, but rather in Kentucky with the Lincoln Corsair.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Continuing onto my tin foil hat theory.

Did they ever say the 3rd shift was going to be added onto the 2nd one? Maybe Ford wants to really be cheap and instead of two 8 hour shifts they make three 6 hr shifts and then don't have to provide benefits because they are no longer full-time employees. More cost savings by Ford!
Yes, Ford said that a 3rd shift is being added to increase Maverick truck production. Benefits? What benefits. I doubt Ford gives many benefits there.

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm not sure it affects your debate here much, but the Escapes are not built in Mexico, but rather in Kentucky with the Lincoln Corsair.
actually it's massive. I don't know when that shift happened, but it's significant. escape parts are still relevant for building mavericks but the line is not. I apologize to everyone for being wrong about that, but I'm real sure when I ordered my Maverick back in summer 2021 it was stated that Hermasillo built the Bronco Sport and Escape, and was adding the Maverick.

it also means that kentucky is a good bet for maverick expansion.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, Ford said that a 3rd shift is being added to increase Maverick truck production. Benefits? What benefits. I doubt Ford gives many benefits there.
Still a union shop.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
actually it's massive. I don't know when that shift happened, but it's significant. escape parts are still relevant for building mavericks but the line is not. I apologize to everyone for being wrong about that, but I'm real sure when I ordered my Maverick back in summer 2021 it was stated that Hermasillo built the Bronco Sport and Escape, and was adding the Maverick.

it also means that kentucky is a good bet for maverick expansion.
The Escape was never built in HSAP. The vehicles previous to the Bronco Sport were the Fusion & MKZ.
There were plans to move the Transit Connect there but this vehicle was discontinued in the US.

Last edited:

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The Escape was never built in HSAP. The vehicles previous to the Bronco Sport were the Escape & MKZ.
There were plans to move the Transit Connect there but this vehicle was discontinued in the US.
Huh?