First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Auto start stop is a PITA because when you reach your destination and turn the ignition off everything resets so you have to push the button again to disable that option. I understand the minuscule fuel saving reasoning but always wondered if the starter does.
The Fusion for example had two different size 12v batteries, a larger battery was used in vehicles with the Start/Stop 'feature'. I too would be concerned for the life expectancy of a traditional starter motor. At least the generator/starter is much more robust in the hybrid, though a lot more difficult to replace as it is inside the eCVT housing.

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Based on this brochure, the XLT base edition does not appear to have the rear seat center armrest with cup holders. That seems to be a change from before.

Also, all trim levels now have lumbar support in both front seats. Had not read that anywhere before.

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Based on this brochure, the XLT base edition does not appear to have the rear seat center armrest with cup holders. That seems to be a change from before.

Also, all trim levels now have lumbar support in both front seats. Had not read that anywhere before.
Unfortunately it’s also been reflected in the build and price tool since the beginning where only the lux package gets the armrest. Kind of sad and I really wonder how much Ford is saving here by having 4 total rear seat designs instead of 3 (1 cloth XL, 1 cloth base XLT, 1 cloth XLT w/armrest, 1 ActiveX Lariat).

Kcht

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great info but I still want to know the mpg on the FWD 2.0 eco boost. Also the official mpg of hybrid.
Probably the ecoboost MPG numbers aren’t good. Otherwise they already published!! Like the hybrid version.!

Sponsored

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I too would be concerned for the life expectancy of a traditional starter motor.
I'm getting the ecoboost and I'm not worried about the starter motor. Starter motor durability was a concern when Ford first launched start-stop ~10 years ago. At that time starters were spec'd and validated for ~60K vehicle starts. Specs/DV were updated to account for 300-500K starts with auto start-stop and at this point I believe the starter is sufficiently robust, at least for my needs.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Standard XL feature so standard on all:
Mirror Day/Night Rearview - does this confirm auto dim rearview mirror on all trims?
No. Flip button on bottom of mirror

Sponsored

bentley72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anybody know on the 12 Volt Pre-Wiring for accessories, are those power runs hot always?, hot when switched on with ignition?, switches in dash for each run?. Switches up front in Dash would be nice for that.
was told it turns on with key, and stays powered for 70 minutes after

Fred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Unfortunately it’s also been reflected in the build and price tool since the beginning where only the lux package gets the armrest. Kind of sad and I really wonder how much Ford is saving here by having 4 total rear seat designs instead of 3 (1 cloth XL, 1 cloth base XLT, 1 cloth XLT w/armrest, 1 ActiveX Lariat).
If I read this correctly....if I want cup holders in the center armrest in back, plus a seat back pocket behind the driver.....it must be the Lux package?

bentley72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I read this correctly....if I want cup holders in the center armrest in back, plus a seat back pocket behind the driver.....it must be the Lux package?
that’s what it looks like, except looking at the trim guide it shows the armrest as standard. Not sure about the pocket
Ford Maverick đź“„ Official 2022 Maverick Product Packaging Guide - Colors, Trims, Features, Options, Packages, Codes 934A30F3-F76C-426F-918E-EE12A3B548F6

Fred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I’m on the Ford website in their chat, and they are saying cup holders in the XLT armrest (without the LUX) is standard.

I would get half the included options in the LUX package, but not getting the LUX is still saving $1k.

If you want a seat back pocket behind the driver’s seat (Toyota does this on the RAV4 too) you must get Lariat...seems cheap to require that.