FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Waiting got 1K harder this month in car repairs. Was seriously flirting with dealer ecoboost, STX Ranger, manual Civic, etc.
At least the engine didn't need a rebuild, but the service dept. is swamped these days. And the used market looks like Cold War grocery store shelves.
What would y'all have been tempted to look at if waiting for the Hybrid was impossible?

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Being new to this group. I'm not all familiar with how ordering works. I placed my order on 10/08. What does this mean for me?
You will be 85 yrs old before you see your Maverick get a comfortable chair.

Sponsored

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, a decent amount. I am scheduled for mid-dec with a hybrid.
I don't know if I would call it a decent amount. I am not sure how to even gage the percentage but I would think decent would mean something between 20 and 30 percent of the orders, my gut is that it has been closer to 10% and Ford wasn't aiming for more than 40 if I recall. I am really hoping January is predominately Hybrids.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm just going on with my life, when I get that email saying that my Maverick order has moved to the next level, I'll be happy, I have been at Priority 2 now for 3 weeks. Now, granted it's a Hybrid but Ford needs to be better at communicating with us. I'm not expecting to see my Maverick until Mid Jan.

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I sold the F150 I had no idea that I would be looking at 6-ish months before my new Maverick arrived.

Since I am retired and my wife is still working it is more of an inconvenience vs necessity not having a second daily driver.

I am adapting to it well enough and the savings of not owning another new car is a nice bonus.

If a plug in or electric is offered before mine arrives, I may try and buy one of those instead.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When I sold the F150 I had no idea that I would be looking at 6-ish months before my new Maverick arrived.

Since I am retired and my wife is still working it is more of an inconvenience vs necessity not having a second daily driver.

I am adapting to it well enough and the savings of not owning another new car is a nice bonus.

If a plug in or electric is offered before mine arrives, I may try and buy one of those instead.
Why do people think a PHEV will be offered before their 2022 Mavericks will be built? Don't expect a PHEV to show up before 2024 or 2025.

THHN12

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 and 2020 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That dart throw for scheduling was cool. The XLT Eco has changed build dates 4 times. The XLT Hybrid still has only the original Ford confirmation email. If you are selling a vehicle to be replaced by a Maverick, you will be very happy. The XLT AWD will replace my F-150. 2018 XL super cab, V6(not Ecoboost), w/ 77k
Bought for 29k. CarMax just offered 28k. And you thought Ford was crazy !!

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's kind of hard to tell what you are saying here.

Do you mean that you interpret @Nw_adventure's post as saying that Ford will produce 35,000 units in that 3 week period in January? That would be almost 12,000 Mavericks a week.

Kind of hard to imagine that, given a supposed max production of about 800 vehicles a day in the Hermosillo plant.

Maybe you mean something else. Could you be a little more obscure? :sneaky:
That's what I want to know the guy said 35ish I'm just saying

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That dart throw for scheduling was cool. The XLT Eco has changed build dates 4 times. The XLT Hybrid still has only the original Ford confirmation email. If you are selling a vehicle to be replaced by a Maverick, you will be very happy. The XLT AWD will replace my F-150. 2018 XL super cab, V6(not Ecoboost), w/ 77k
Bought for 29k. CarMax just offered 28k. And you thought Ford was crazy !!
Only $28k? Must be huge influx of maverick hybrid buyers getting optimistic and are having their current rides appraised.?

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With Thanksgiving the Thursday after next I imagine no scheduling for the last week of November.
So really the biggest chance for scheduling ever for many hybrid reservation. come on Ford spam me with your build schedule.
They build them in Mexico last time I checked they don't do Thanksgiving there🦃