First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This big push seems to make sense- My dealer says with this upcoming round, they have been told Ford is going to build 25 percent of the orders they have on the books which I think now is 35'ish-
Does this mean everything without bed liners?
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You just have to lower her expectations.
I don't know about him but I would be reluctant to discuss expectations with my wife😳
When I sold the F150 I had no idea that I would be looking at 6-ish months before my new Maverick arrived.

Since I am retired and my wife is still working it is more of an inconvenience vs necessity not having a second daily driver.

I am adapting to it well enough and the savings of not owning another new car is a nice bonus.

If a plug in or electric is offered before mine arrives, I may try and buy one of those instead.
The plug in and/or electric will be announced 1-12 days after you get your Mav.

donbreiner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed my order June 9th and no build date yet. Hybrid with all the bells and whistles, rapid red.
Same here, ordered on July 26th, Hybrid, Lux Pkg, 1st Edition, Rapid Red. No schedule date yet.

donbreiner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I understand yours and everyone else's frustration. I do believe Ford should be better in explaining the delays better. Once I decided on getting a Maverick, and never ever ordering a car/truck before, I figured I would have it by December. Then I heard of the delays, supply chain issues and then finding this forum helped and hindered my anxiety concerning my order.

I sometimes post a short reply or simply like a post etc, so I didn't mean to come across as dismissive. I only meant to say/agree at this post because in the long run, life is more important than waiting on a car.

The world lived through and sill is with a pandemic. I lost my spouse in 2020, not because of COVID, but with leukemia. She was in the hospital just as the lock downs began. she was in for 1 month. I could only see her 2 times. Once when they thought she was dying and then when she died.

I was trying to nicely agree that buying and waiting for a truck is not that big a deal, when you have more important things to deal with. You may or may not have a similar experience, but I don't wish that on anyone.

Now, lets get back to enjoying and complaining about Ford's Maverick.
So sorry for your loss.

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't know about him but I would be reluctant to discuss expectations with my wife😳

The plug in and/or electric will be announced 1-12 days after you get your Mav.
The announcement can happen, when they start delivering them is another issue. I have said t before and I'll say it again, we won't see a PHEV Maverick until 2024-25. People can spin it any way they want. Ford can not keep up with the orders now because of supply chain issues, why add another headache

The-Beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Maybe people will stop whining on here and stop cursing out Ford in bitterness like impatient teenagers.
Why would they do that? Ford lied to them (Hybrid Base Engine) and couldn't deliver the vehicles as announced (Fall). They have every reason to curse out Ford for their failure and misrepresentation.

The only children are those who dismiss others rightful anger.

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same congratulatory email from my dealer on 10/5 that he had good news that I had a build date of 11/15. The problem was I had already received the Ford email on 9/16 stating my build date was 11/8. So the dealer was congratulating me that I got a one week delay.

On 10/10 Ford sent me the email confirming the Production delay to 11/15. The on 10/19 Ford sent another delaying the build to 11/22. As of now my status shows Build Day of 11/28 Sunday?

Funny how I haven't received any more "good news" emails from the dealer.
I know, my Wife’s went from a build date of the 1st week of November then moved to November 9th then to the week of November 29th. My dealer just doesn’t return my calls anymore;) and I’ve bought 7 new vehicles from them over the years (Trucks and cars). Patience is a virtue, I guess

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why do people think a PHEV will be offered before their 2022 Mavericks will be built? Don't expect a PHEV to show up before 2024 or 2025.
I don't think anything.

I do know that I have no idea what Ford's future plans are for the Maverick or what Ford's timeline is on any model refresh or any other additional powertrains that may or may not be offered.

Sponsored

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would they do that? Ford lied to them (Hybrid Base Engine) and couldn't deliver the vehicles as announced (Fall). They have every reason to curse out Ford for their failure and misrepresentation.

The only children are those who dismiss others rightful anger.
But hey, Ford is giving hybrid owners a free Ford Fits Accessory kit to make up for the delay.
Other manufacturers aren’t giving away free stuff despite delays. Most new vehicles are a wait. And hey, Ford met the fall deadline if you count the 2.0.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered in July and I'm 99.9% sure I still will not get scheduled...
And you just know that the .1% will make you look on Thursday.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
...had Ford taken even a minute or two to send out an email to all those people who made a reservation to give us at least some idea of what was happening there would many more happy customers.
This says it!
Sponsored