First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone else here wonder why Zeibart and hundreds of other installers can get sprayin bedliner material but FORD cant?
I believe it is a factory production limitation, not so much materials. That factory can only handle so many units going through the Trim Shop. So the factory can turn out X per day, but the Trim Shop where the spray in bedliners are installed can only do a fraction of the full line production amount.

So if the ratio gets out of whack and a greater amount of units is coming through with spray-in bedliners, backups occur. So they just schedule less of those units. So there can be reasons for constraints other than materials. Production is very complex.

The F150 factories can handle much more because those factories have much more significant trim shops based on growing demand. They have invested more and more over the years on those factories to accommodate more and more FIO/accessories. Hermosillo has not been a truck factory in the past. This is a new mission for the facility. They will probably make some significant changes over the coming years.

Not to excuse Ford. There are definitely some hiccups. And part of the demand issues here were caused by them putting the sprayed in bed liners in the popular Lux packages. I would have had no problem doing a DIO sprayed in bedliner if it wasn't included in the Lariat Lux package.
Sponsored

bobcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe it is a factory production limitation, not so much materials. That factory can only handle so many units going through the Trim Shop. So the factory can turn out X per day, but the Trim Shop where the spray in bedliners are installed can only do a fraction of the full line production amount.

So if the ratio gets out of whack and a greater amount of units is coming through with spray-in bedliners, backups occur. So they just schedule less of those units. So there can be reasons for constraints other than materials. Production is very complex.

The F150 factories can handle much more because those factories have much more significant trim shops based on growing demand. They have invested more and more over the years on those factories to accommodate more and more FIO/accessories. Hermosillo has not been a truck factory in the past. This is a new mission for the facility. They will probably make some significant changes over the coming years.

Not to excuse Ford. There are definitely some hiccups. And part of the demand issues here were caused by them putting the sprayed in bed liners in the popular Lux packages. I would have had no problem doing a DIO sprayed in bedliner if it wasn't included in the Lariat Lux package.

bobcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
almost sounds like a Ford employee making excuses. I believe all it would take is a simple phone call to the production plant from a Ford top official to tell the production plant to build the truck without the sprayin liner and ship it to the dealer for a dealer installed sprayin liner as long as the customer has agreed to do so!The problem with that is that it would take a certain amount of common sense and the ability to actually make a phone call to get it done!!!!But in this day and age ,if YOUR computer doesnt allow it then NOBODY seems to have the ability to figure out a different solution.Almost seems like Ford operates just like our government.all talk and NOTHING gets done and just point fingers.Make up new excuses by the minute.Believe me,I understand how corporate works as I have been in charge of multimillion $ businesses for yrs and presently own and operate 2 businesses and can assure you if I had a problem like this ,I would have a solution in about 30 seconds1

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I totally agree with the part about Ford continuing to screw those who ordered in June/July, every week Ford has a new excuse about why and when they are shipping or not shipping the Hybrid…. First it’s January at the earliest….. oh wait maybe by Christmas…. Oh wait let me spin the crystal ball….. Oh wait we don’t have OKTB….. Oh wait we do have OKTB but we still won’t ship for three weeks…… They just don’t care how their Bozo business decisions affects there customers……
Don't confuse your own interpretation of events to what's actually happening. Ford hasn't "gone back and forth" about anything. They said "fall delivery," then there was a minor delay in initial shipments that they acknowledged and gave an updated timeline, now they are beating that updated timeline (and actually technically meeting their initial "fall delivery"). It's pretty simple. It's the conjecture and wild speculation that's seemingly all over the place. I recommend ignoring it.

Sponsored

tincanddg

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan pathfinder
Does the new production schedule come out today? How do i find it?

RobAge80

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My built date currently is 12/13; ordered my Hybrid XLT on 6/9. C’mon FORD! 😊

M.A.C.

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation
Don't confuse your own interpretation of events to what's actually happening. Ford hasn't "gone back and forth" about anything. They said "fall delivery," then there was a minor delay in initial shipments that they acknowledged and gave an updated timeline, now they are beating that updated timeline (and actually technically meeting their initial "fall delivery"). It's pretty simple. It's the conjecture and wild speculation that's seemingly all over the place. I recommend ignoring it.
With all do respect it isn’t my interpretations it’s what Ford themselves put out either directly or indirectly through their dealers and media networks……. I would much rather not have to hear the back and forth from Ford and their representatives on a weekly bases…… but these are the facts that they put out in the media not mine…. I really don’t care if it was a fall delivery or a winter delivery or even a spring delivery….. Just stop spinning the reasons/excuses behind production and delivery delays and get on with it….

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

With all do respect it isn’t my interpretations it’s what Ford themselves put out either directly or indirectly through their dealers and media networks……. I would much rather not have to hear the back and forth from Ford and their representatives on a weekly bases…… but these are the facts that they put out in the media not mine…. I really don’t care if it was a fall delivery or a winter delivery or even a spring delivery….. Just stop spinning the reasons/excuses behind production and delivery delays and get on with it….
Excuses? Except for the delay with the hybrids, Ford hasn’t given any official explanation for anything. They have refused to simply send an email to verifiable orders of a damn thing. You want to blame someone? Blame Ford because they took orders for new vehicles and never explained or assisted their customers, dealers and purchasers of their product. Like the contractor who takes your money to redo your kitchen, then disappears.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You don't have listen to that. I'm actually advising you not to because it appears to be causing you stress and, in reality, those messages aren't coming from Ford (even if you think they are).

Sponsored

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hyb XLT, lux (drop in) oxford white
so great they are meeting their fall deadline with what, 20 or 30 hybrids. The fact is they are ignoring those of us who ordered in June and July, even if we do not have any items on the constrained list. In my case, my small town dealer has had allocations on Oct and Nov but hasn't had a single maverick scheduled. Tell me that's now Ford screwing us over.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
so great they are meeting their fall deadline with what, 20 or 30 hybrids. The fact is they are ignoring those of us who ordered in June and July, even if we do not have any items on the constrained list. In my case, my small town dealer has had allocations on Oct and Nov but hasn't had a single maverick scheduled. Tell me that's now Ford screwing us over.
"Fall delivery" is a bit in jest from me, but more realistically they'll be delivering thousands of hybrids before Christmas.

The ordering/scheduling process has been discussed ad nauseum on this forum. Yeah, it sucks to if you have a June reservation and no scheduled production, but the scheduling is more complex than a simple queue, and they've still only scheduled three months of retail production. All us June orders knew production was months away and knew that we were pre-ordering a brand new model during world-wide supply chain constraints when we ordered. Ford wants to get you your truck as much as you want it, and they haven't ignored us (they're giving us free stuff). Best of luck getting scheduled soon.

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Fall delivery" is a bit in jest from me, but more realistically they'll be delivering thousands of hybrids before Christmas.

The ordering/scheduling process has been discussed ad nauseum on this forum. Yeah, it sucks to if you have a June reservation and no scheduled production, but the scheduling is more complex than a simple queue, and they've still only scheduled three months of retail production. All us June orders knew production was months away and knew that we were pre-ordering a brand new model during world-wide supply chain constraints when we ordered. Ford wants to get you your truck as much as you want it, and they haven't ignored us (they're giving us free stuff). Best of luck getting scheduled soon.
I'm beginning to think Ford doesn't care if we get our trucks as long as they can keep claiming the hybrid is the next big thing. With 5 weeks of scheduling today (supposedly) there's absolutely no reason Ford shouldn't have stockpiled parts for when the OKTB came and can stat cranking out June/July orders before all others. Furthermore, Ford should have been prepared to release a new vehicle in light of the global pandemic and actually get it to customers. I fear we are headed to Bronco territory.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm beginning to think Ford doesn't care if we get our trucks as long as they can keep claiming the hybrid is the next big thing. With 5 weeks of scheduling today (supposedly) there's absolutely no reason Ford shouldn't have stockpiled parts for when the OKTB came and can stat cranking out June/July orders before all others. Furthermore, Ford should have been prepared to release a new vehicle in light of the global pandemic and actually get it to customers. I fear we are headed to Bronco territory.
I hope a ton of hybrids get scheduled today (and think it's likely), but keep in mind they're scheduling for five weeks but that doesn't mean that they're filling production for those five weeks.

Ford has been better prepared than most on this. They've produced more than 20,000 units the first quarter+ of production. They were pretty clear that the production needed to ramp up and wouldn't reach capacity until the new year.

Would you have preferred that they not released the Maverick?

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope a ton of hybrids get scheduled today (and think it's likely), but keep in mind they're scheduling for five weeks but that doesn't mean that they're filling production for those five weeks.

Ford has been better prepared than most on this. They've produced more than 20,000 units the first quarter+ of production. They were pretty clear that the production needed to ramp up and wouldn't reach capacity until the new year.

Would you have preferred that they not released the Maverick?
So announce scheduling for 5 weeks but not fully schedule all 5 weeks. That sounds a bit ridiculous. And no, I'm super excited for my Maverick and can't wait to have it in hand, but how can they sell the hybrid as standard, then say it'll only be 40% of production and go on a tear producing Ecoboosts in the Fall. If we follow their logic, given the Ecoboost OKTB was a while ago, this week should be nothing but hybrids. yet, the messages coming in are for ecoboosts. Tell me there aren't screwing hybrid adopters from june/july over?
Sponsored