First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think this on purpose the long wait I mean I ordered June 18 and started off with a base XL then I upgraded to an XLT and then to a XLT luxury package (after seeing a Lux vs non Lux XLT at the state fair). Just figured if I’m forced to wait might as well get exactly what I want lol 😂.
Ok quick question I saw Tim, and few of the other Ford dealers saying the constant had been lifted. However, I didn’t see anything about the only 40% hybrid and only like 20% luxury packages. Does anyone know if they still plan on only building 40% hybrids and only like 20% of those XLT Lux packages or do you think they will schedule more for January since at that point it should be OKTB for hybrid?
That's a very good question!! I look forward to hearing an answer!
Sponsored

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Carava just offered me $18,500 for my 2017 Chevy Malibu with 45k miles-more than i paid for it!. Come on January build!!
Carava? That's a type of coffee, innit? Mmmm....medium roast carava with steamed milk. Maybe they'll use the Malibu for making deliveries.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Carava? That's a type of coffee, innit? Mmmm....medium roast carava with steamed milk. Maybe they'll use the Malibu for making deliveries.
Everyone seems to talk about Carava but CarMax offered me twice as much as what Carava would for my SUV. 4000 vs 2000.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, I agree this whole process of ordering and waiting certainly isn't the biggest thing I've had to deal with, and hopefully many other feel the same way. Yet, one does expect a certain level of business professionalism from a company such as Ford. When you look at the mess of the Bronco ordering system and the number of issues they had and are still dealing with, you would expect better results in the Maverick ordering system. Overall, Ford's major failures in the Maverick order system, as I see it, is the real lack of information from Corporate concerning the issues. In the beginning the delays of any Mavericks being built, then why hybrids weren't being schedule the same as ecoboost orders, which turned out to be a two-fold issue of EPA/Ford's OKTB, reasons behind stock orders being built ahead of retail orders and lastly why hybrid OKTB is taking so long. Of course, we have to the ability to look back have since learned some of the reason ourselves through third-party sources and some sources from within Ford itself, but the only real acknowledgement we've gotten from Corporate is the email stating all hybrids will be delivered in the new year and here's a $50 compensation kit called "FITS" as a means of an apology? We still don't know why many folks who placed orders in June and July haven't received a build date, yet their local dealership is receiving stock (only ecoboost so far) Mavericks! Many have stated on this forum and I'm sure on others too that had Ford taken even a minute or two to send out an email to all those people who made a reservation to give us at least some idea of what was happening there would many more happy customers. Imagine how much more we all would've been in the dark without the weekly videos from @fordvideoguy ! What he has done in those video's had pulled the curtain back and given us some insights to the how, why, and when of Maverick ordering. What he's been doing, again in my own opinion, is something that should've been coming through Corporate PR.
As I stated, this is just my opinion on how the process as a whole could've better and could still be better with a few small tweaks. I found this quote that's supposedly from Henry Ford, “There are no big problems; there are just a lot of little problems.” This holds true today as it did back in his day.
I understand yours and everyone else's frustration. I do believe Ford should be better in explaining the delays better. Once I decided on getting a Maverick, and never ever ordering a car/truck before, I figured I would have it by December. Then I heard of the delays, supply chain issues and then finding this forum helped and hindered my anxiety concerning my order.

I sometimes post a short reply or simply like a post etc, so I didn't mean to come across as dismissive. I only meant to say/agree at this post because in the long run, life is more important than waiting on a car.

The world lived through and sill is with a pandemic. I lost my spouse in 2020, not because of COVID, but with leukemia. She was in the hospital just as the lock downs began. she was in for 1 month. I could only see her 2 times. Once when they thought she was dying and then when she died.

I was trying to nicely agree that buying and waiting for a truck is not that big a deal, when you have more important things to deal with. You may or may not have a similar experience, but I don't wish that on anyone.

Now, lets get back to enjoying and complaining about Ford's Maverick.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I understand yours and everyone else's frustration. I do believe Ford should be better in explaining the delays better. Once I decided on getting a Maverick, and never ever ordering a car/truck before, I figured I would have it by December. Then I heard of the delays, supply chain issues and then finding this forum helped and hindered my anxiety concerning my order.

I sometimes post a short reply or simply like a post etc, so I didn't mean to come across as dismissive. I only meant to say/agree at this post because in the long run, life is more important than waiting on a car.

The world lived through and sill is with a pandemic. I lost my spouse in 2020, not because of COVID, but with leukemia. She was in the hospital just as the lock downs began. she was in for 1 month. I could only see her 2 times. Once when they thought she was dying and then when she died.

I was trying to nicely agree that buying and waiting for a truck is not that big a deal, when you have more important things to deal with. You may or may not have a similar experience, but I don't wish that on anyone.

Now, lets get back to enjoying and complaining about Ford's Maverick.
First, I'm sorry for your loss. I recently loss my Father, another casualty of Vietnam that took years to happen. I certainly did take your original post as dismissive and hope my reply didn't come across that way. I wholeheartedly agree that the waiting process is just a small thing in the bigger picture of life. I agree let's get back to enjoying and complaining about Ford and it's wonderful Maverick!

Mark Rash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok quick question I saw Tim, and few of the other Ford dealers saying the constant had been lifted. However, I didn’t see anything about the only 40% hybrid and only like 20% luxury packages. Does anyone know if they still plan on only building 40% hybrids and only like 20% of those XLT Lux packages or do you think they will schedule more for January since at that point it should be OKTB for hybrid?
I certainly don't know the plan, but I will say there's a subtle difference between constraints and late availability. The constraints are limitations on availability of supplies to produce vehicles with certain features. Late availability refers to items Ford knew would not be ready immediately at launch (for example, mud flaps). There's some overlap between the two. Also, the late availability items are available now (those that weren't dropped altogether), but there's still likely a separate constraints list.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First, I'm sorry for your loss. I recently loss my Father, another casualty of Vietnam that took years to happen. I certainly did take your original post as dismissive and hope my reply didn't come across that way. I wholeheartedly agree that the waiting process is just a small thing in the bigger picture of life. I agree let's get back to enjoying and complaining about Ford and it's wonderful Maverick!
I thank your father for his service posthumously. I had my grandfathers in WWI. They came out of it ok. One talked about his time there, the other never spoke of it. I also had uncles in WWII. I didn't have any family members in Vietnam. Yes, lets get back to Mavericks.

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, not for sure but Thanksgiving is predominantly a US holiday. With the plant being in Mexico, it might not affect production like it would here? Let's hope that is the case as it would give another week of production.
whoever send those emails must be in USA. I read we did not get anything scheduled this week because of veterans day.
anyway we are going to get scheduled next week so it will not matter:)

Sponsored

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dear Ford,
I know that you have people stalking this forum along with the other Maverick forums so I'm expecting that someone in Big Blue Oval will read this open letter and do something with it.
With the recent news that next week, on Nov 18th, you will be scheduling for the first 3 weeks of January, thus raising many hopes. Those of us who have ordered in June and July have been patiently waiting, not always with calmness, but still waiting. We have suffered through watching folks who ordered in Aug, Sept, and even in Oct get scheduled before us. We have tolerated, not always with a smile, listening to all the Ecoboost owners tell us hybrid folks, how great their Mavericks are, yet we were told by Ford the hybrid was the standard engine option! Then we (hybrid orders) had to suffer the long wait for the EPA and it's numbers to arrive and when they did finally release the numbers only to be told, not so fast, Ford still has to give blessings for the OKTB to go forth (Possibly Dec 8th). Then when we saw a glimmer of light in that long dark tunnel of hybrid ordering wait, we were beaten down with an email of FITS and that delivery of our hybrids will be next year! The email of FITS only caused many to have "fits"!
So now with 3 weeks of scheduling looming ahead, a plea, nay a demand! Schedule June and July hybrids 1st, then June and July First Edition, lastly all other June and July Ecoboost! Please stop scheduling stock Ecoboost Mavericks and for goodness sakes do not build stock hybrids until you have fulfilled retail orders!! Do you not not realize how much of a slap in the face it is to those customers who have placed orders? How much frustration it causes to see your exact build sitting on a dealers lot when you've been told there are delays or shortages and this is why your order hasn't been built yet?! We did what you asked, placed an order, put money down (in most cases), enthusiastically spread the word and then waited...and waited...and waited only to see dealers getting Ecoboost Mavericks, while our orders didn't get built!
All we ask is to be treated with respect as pming customers that have bought into the idea, which is now ours too, of a small, affordable, quality build truck.
Thank you,
Delzona
For the mavv, I reserved June 13, paid deposit, received confirmation email June 16 and crickets since.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bolgangles, I use this graphic to explain the scheduling process.

chimpdarts.jpg
Being a long time member of MTC I will vouch that the graphic is very accurate! 🤪🤣🤣

jmjjr6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford sends scheduling emails on Thursday. If they schedule your truck for production you will get an email.
Mine just went to priority 2. Yes !!!!!!!!!

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It means you ordered three days after me, and it's time to start drinking heavily.
If you start now you're not going to care much what happens next Thursday in any event.
Sponsored