Sponsored

Hybrid Order Support Group

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
Can you interpret this? I see a bunch of modules, but everything is in binary code.
Well that's totally cool - you got deeper into the site than I could, and for mine it shows a ton of PCM and BCE modules. Thanks for those links guys - I'm now beyond speculation into ... waiting for the EPA.
Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you interpret this? I see a bunch of modules, but everything is in binary code.
If you have the modules and Mac addresses its active

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
Well that's totally cool - you got deeper into the site than I could, and for mine it shows a ton of PCM and BCE modules. That's for those links guys - I'm now beyond speculation into ... waiting for the EPA.
I think we got to the same spot. It shows nine PCM modules and a ton of BCE modules right below the download button.
Ford Maverick Hybrid Order Support Group 341E433B-12C4-4CCA-9449-EDBBFCFFA764

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gotta have a vin

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think that's the implication. It's 40% of all Mavs. Individual shortages of certain components is a different constraint. But Tim would know and could clarify if you want to jump in on his Q&As.
I have no clue. Just pure speculation. My assumption was based on the fact that IF it's 40% of all Mavs, why isn't there also mention of a 60% constraint on ecoboost? Just guessing that it may be that for the 60% that are supposed to be eco, they are able to produce 100% (or whatever percentage they deem is above a constraint level). Again, I have no clue what they mean with their percentage constraint values and haven't seen anything that's been able to clear it up. Just some thoughts from a hopeful future hybrid owner....lol

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have no clue. Just pure speculation. My assumption was based on the fact that IF it's 40% of all Mavs, why isn't there also mention of a 60% constraint on ecoboost? Just guessing that it may be that for the 60% that are supposed to be eco, they are able to produce 100% (or whatever percentage they deem is above a constraint level). Again, I have no clue what they mean with their percentage constraint values and haven't seen anything that's been able to clear it up. Just some thoughts from a hopeful future hybrid owner....lol
I don't think so - everyone here is talking hybrid constraints, whereas ecos are being delivered.
But, yes, in theory there's a 60% "constraint" on ecos if they have the parts for 40% hybrid.

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think we got to the same spot. It shows nine PCM modules and a ton of BCE modules right below the download button.
341E433B-12C4-4CCA-9449-EDBBFCFFA764.png
Yep we're golden other than waiting... and this is the most authoritative link I've seen.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Billions ain't nuthin', dude yourself, at the rate Ford pumps out 150s alone, having thousands of them sitting around. And they could be supplying to all the other car makers...
Whatever you think about Musk, he isn't afraid to bet the farm on controlling his supply chain from start to finish, and he's the richest guy in the world.
He's among the richest guys in the world because idiot investors eat his shit with a spoon. He has yet to make a legitimate profit selling product (as opposed to carbon credits).
He may yet prove that he's a legitimate value creator, but he's not there yet.

Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep we're golden other than waiting... and this is the most authoritative link I've seen.
Can anyone learn me what PCM and BCE modules are? Edit: google helped me with PCM but not so much BCE. Apparently I’ve got a lot of em.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick should have been a hybrid only truck.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
Can anyone learn me what PCM and BCE modules are? Edit: google helped me with PCM but not so much BCE. Apparently I’ve got a lot of em.
I would assume bce would be body control.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrids are going to be a long wait for getting built. ... it will be over 3+ months
You call that a long wait?

(h/t Crocodile Dundee)

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dude, you really have no idea what goes into making ICs. We're talking BILLIONS to set up a factory. Then once you have one, you have to keep it running 24/7 in order to pay the debt, or you lose your shirt. Auto demand, as high as it is, doesn't justify that investment so they'd have to sell to other industries for it to pay off.

Auto manufactures are never going to bring that in-house.
What they really have to do is find hedging strategies; buy capacity in advance. This costs money and reduces margins, but shutting production for lack of critical commodities is even more expensive.
From what I've read, US auto manufacturers ARE looking to produce more components, chips included, domestically.

Ford is making a big push towards electrified offerings including engines, engines, batteries, and transmissions.

It will take time, but the supply shocks over the pandemic have made it abundantly clear the JIT supply chains stretched all over the world are not exactly responsive to bugs, interruptions, or fast market changes.
Sponsored