Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Both are right in a sense. Initial production from Ford was 35/65 with the intent of achieving 40/60 after working out all the kinks at the factory. The update from Tim would suggest the kinks have been worked out.
OKay. Totally understand now. THANKS @Big_T @huunvubu & @Hdang1980
Sponsored

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
Okay, but wasn't it Ford's plan all along to build 60% EB and 40% Hybrid? If so, how is the statement "Tim @ LM updated constraints today. Hybrid sits at 40% constraint." NEW News?
I believe Ford's initial estimates were for an even lower hybrid % (35%?), so the new news might be they've increased that, or they have to sit tight as the parts can't come out of thin air - it's that whole supply chain thing...
They are obviously seeing a much higher demand for hybrid than anticipated, but consumers are flakey. You couldn't give away gas hogs during any the last 50 years of various shortages or price hikes, but for the last dozen years hogs have sold well, and if/when gas goes back down then Americans will order their hogs again. Ford has to spin the wheel well in advance of current conditions trying anticipate what they will need and when.
For my money, the 2.0 at its mileage wasn't even a consideration - I'd take a Ranger or Frontier for better all around capabilities at basically the same pricepoint. But hybrid? You bet, it'll be my 6th, all Toyota gems with basically the same system. I've got a 10/18 est. delivery date, but I'll believe it when I see it - the EPA is a pretty slow group, and Ford's not going to risk a problematic release.

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both are right in a sense. Initial production from Ford was 35/65 with the intent of achieving 40/60 after working out all the kinks at the factory. The update from Tim would suggest the kinks have been worked out.
Hah, we were basically posting the same thing at the same time!

ChopperPilot6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered mine 6/26, in production on 9/23, estimated dealer delivery 10/31, and my dealer just called me and confirmed the same.

ChopperPilot6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I believe Ford's initial estimates were for an even lower hybrid % (35%?), so the new news might be they've increased that, or they have to sit tight as the parts can't come out of thin air - it's that whole supply chain thing...
They are obviously seeing a much higher demand for hybrid than anticipated, but consumers are flakey. You couldn't give away gas hogs during any the last 50 years of various shortages or price hikes, but for the last dozen years hogs have sold well, and if/when gas goes back down then Americans will order their hogs again. Ford has to spin the wheel well in advance of current conditions trying anticipate what they will need and when.
For my money, the 2.0 at its mileage wasn't even a consideration - I'd take a Ranger or Frontier for better all around capabilities at basically the same pricepoint. But hybrid? You bet, it'll be my 6th, all Toyota gems with basically the same system. I've got a 10/18 est. delivery date, but I'll believe it when I see it - the EPA is a pretty slow group, and Ford's not going to risk a problematic release.
I heard about this EPA approval issue too but how come some people seem to have already taken delivery (videos posted on this site)?

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered mine 6/26, in production on 9/23, estimated dealer delivery 10/31, and my dealer just called me and confirmed the same.
Likely already built. Mine is.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I heard about this EPA approval issue too but how come some people seem to have already taken delivery (videos posted on this site)?
EPA is only for hybrids

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a CHIP shortage going on and the Hybrid has a lot more chips in it than the EcoBoost.

Take a look at this video to get a handle on some of the extra electronics (chips) that are needed for the Hybrid but not for the EcoBoost:

Yep, I don't think people (other than those of us who jumped on the orders early) are generally understanding or appreciating how sophisticated the hybrid is in order to get that 40mpg+ in a very non-aerodynamic body, and what an incredible deal this is.

Clearly Ford, along with all the other big companies, needs to make their own chips and control their own destiny. You can bet they are working on that, but it won't help anybody who's impatient to get their hybrid Mav now.

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Likely already built. Mine is.
ESTIMATED, as is mine for 12 days from now. But no EPA approval = cannot be offered for sale. Don't hold your breath, the EPA is a mightly large and unwieldy organization. But you can bet that Ford is pushing as hard as can be pushed, as they have inventory sitting that they can't sell... in today's world, it's all about moving parts into finished products and finalizing deals, or their bottom line on this cheap a truck won't look good.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ESTIMATED, as is mine for 12 days from now. But no EPA approval = cannot be offered for sale. Don't hold your breath, the EPA is a mightly large and unwieldy organization. But you can bet that Ford is pushing as hard as can be pushed, as they have inventory sitting that they can't sell... in today's world, it's all about moving parts into finished products and finalizing deals, or their bottom line on this cheap a truck won't look good.
No, I know for a fact mine is BUILT

Sponsored

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No known HYBRIDS have been sold yet. But 2.0 sales mean the crash tests are OK, and since the engine's out of the Escape, that's gotta be OK too. So it's the tranny that's the holdup, being tested in combo with the engine.

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, I know for a fact mine is BUILT
And how do you know that? I am speculating mine is built, because nothing else makes sense. It's gotta be sitting there, waiting to go. As the window sticker says, Ford can't say Built or even Shipped, until the big OK. If your window sticker changes, you're golden.

Attachments

Last edited:

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Thanks, I figured it out with a little help from friends.

Two years ago I would have NEVER considered a Hybrid. And I will NOT consider an EV until you can get 500 miles per charge.

A friend purchased the Toyota Avalon Hybrid and talked me into getting one as well. I couldn't believe the performance and efficiency. I just upgraded to the Lexus ES300h hybrid in May this year. I had an EcoBoost (EB) F150 and considered getting the Maverick EB UNTIL I saw they were offering it as a Hybrid. So much for the EB thoughts. I just need to get Scheduled now. This is crazy.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No known HYBRIDS have been sold yet. But 2.0 sales mean the crash tests are OK, and since the engine's out of the Escape, that's gotta be OK too. So it's the tranny that's the holdup, being tested in combo with the engine.
Or the fact that during testing it exceeded the 40 and they have to make doubly sure they dont owe money again for the MPGS
Sponsored