2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'll be going there on July 10th to get the 2024 options list and will be at there door step first thing on the 17th.
is there a reason you have to actually go in? I placed my order over the phone and the dealer submitted it on 15 Sept., 2022. Ford recently emailed me to say it is scheduled for production the week of 21 August, 2023.

🌵 Gray Hybrid XL, CP360.
No deposit, MSRP + $129 doc fee.

OP
OP
DadsLariat

DadsLariat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat Hybrid, 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's been a few months since I updated this thread.

It is now 9pm CDT on August 3rd and I have not received an email that my MY23 Hybrid will be built. Sounds like I'm one of the 22,000 MY23 Hybrids that will be rolled over to MY24. I ordered Sept 17, 2022.

My MY24 order was placed July 18th at my dealership using MY23 order number and have a Ford confirmation. The '23 Lariat had all packages, but are now standard on '24 so I'm pretty much getting the same thing. We'll see if the is any price protection.

Now I start a new wait for a 2024 Lariat, Hybrid.

Only issue, my preferred Alto Blue is no longer available. I really don't care much for the standard Lariat Navy Blue/ Desert Brown interior color, but I will get used to it. I went with Atlas Blue on My24 order. I don't want the BAP. So now I'm waffling on exterior color.

So many shades of blue with Atlas Blue exterior and blue/brown interior. I dont like Grey Shades. My wife does not like any of the "flat" colors. I've had black cars and have a white car now and want something different. My wife and I saw a Hot Pepper Red Maverick the other day and she loves it.

Lots of opinions out there. I turning 70 soon, but don't feel like it. I've read the HPR threads and am now leaning towards HPR. Should I go with a crazy combo?

Thanks for all opinions.

OP
OP
DadsLariat

DadsLariat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
MY24 Lariat Hybrid (converted from MY23) is scheduled to be built the week of Oct 16th. That's 395 days since my original order. I changed color from cancelled Alto Blue to Hot Pepper Red. All other options on MY23 order are now standard on MY24.
Now, I'm wondering how long before I actually get it. How long to ship it to Wisconsin? Will UAW strike affect anything?
Hopefully, others have received "scheduled.." emails.

BEC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2016 Kia Soul EV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've only looked at the first and last pages of this thread, but....

We ordered Lariat Luxury hybrid with all the driver assist stuff on the second day of the order window last year. Got a "scheduled" email just days before we were supposed to go down and do the rollover-to-a-2024-order process at the dealer.

The schedule was slipped a week, but today got a "built" email (though the window sticker still isn't there). When it's somewhere near here (Seattle area) I'll go do what I plan to do to pay for it and look into options for tonneau covers and/or a camper shell and get serious about how we will carry my wife's 17 foot Seda Swift kayak on it. Maybe by Thanksgiving?

We went for the top trim as we're both in our sixties (I'll be 68 next Saturday) and we really like the heated seats and steering wheel (and pushbutton start) in our Soul EV.

The EB was not an option. The hybrid is the first small truck that will get better gas milage than the vehicle it will eventually replace (2013 Mazda3 hatchback with a six-speed manual) and that's how it was picked.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DadsLariat

DadsLariat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad to see your getting your MY23. Hopefully, shipping will be faster than 2 months and you won't have to wait till Thanksgiving to get it.

I already bought a Hard Rollup Tonneau cover from the Ford site. It was $1189, but there was a 20% discount (up to $200) running in August. Somewhere on the site, it was posted that Ford runs specials every month. Look around the web. I saw SADDLEUP23 code.
I also have my KIA auto-dimming/homelink mirror.

Last edited:

BEC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer gave me a window of this coming Monday to the following Monday for them to receive our Mav. Time to get funding in order!

BEC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, it took more than a week. The Mav arrived at the dealer on Wednesday November 8th and we picked it up yesterday (that's the biggest check I've ever written).

Now wrestling with all the little details a vehicle swap involves, both bureaucratic and physical. But it sure is purdy. Our red leaf maple is already trying to cover it up in the driveway....

Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat MY23 , ordered Sept '22,  Support Group tempImagenUZcLh

OP
OP
DadsLariat

DadsLariat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
MY24 (23 rollover) is finally in "built" status as of Nov 9th and now waiting for shipping. Hopefully, it's only a few weeks to delivery.

Finklejag

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 23 Hybrid was shipped on October 9th and still hasn’t arrived at the dealer in Kansas. It’s pretty sad when I see guys driving their 24’s and I still haven’t received my 23.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DadsLariat

DadsLariat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since i started this thread, it's time for an update.
MY24 (23 rollover) was shipped on 11/16/'23. The tracker shows an estimated delivery of 11/26-12/08. Today is 12/22 and according to the dealer, it's still sitting in a Chicago rail yard waiting on truck transport. With the holidays almost here, it's anyone's guess when it will get delivered. Also, the turn signal recall affects my vehicle. Should be corrected before delivery.
The journey continues !!!

AwHeck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since i started this thread, it's time for an update.
MY24 (23 rollover) was shipped on 11/16/'23. The tracker shows an estimated delivery of 11/26-12/08. Today is 12/22 and according to the dealer, it's still sitting in a Chicago rail yard waiting on truck transport. With the holidays almost here, it's anyone's guess when it will get delivered. Also, the turn signal recall affects my vehicle. Should be corrected before delivery.
The journey continues !!!
My original hybrid order was 9/17/22. I placed an order for a '24 in July and mine was completed 12/19 and shipped 12/20. Happy for all of us that have been more than patient!

OP
OP
DadsLariat

DadsLariat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I started this thread so myself and others could get some comfort in knowing others are getting their Mavericks and ours should be coming. I wasn't complaining. But now, I'm just getting frustrated. MY24 ('23 rollover) is built(11/9) and was shipped by train to Chicago. Arrived around Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, they didn't unload it and that train car was sent on a trip to the east coast. UGH !
According to my dealer, it just got back to Chicage last Friday (12/29). Hoping it's unloaded this week and transported soon after.
Dealer said they have no control over the train or trucks.
Any suggestions where I can complain or at least voice my frustrations? The dealer has been very honest and has kept me informed. Would Ford even listen?
I think I need a drink !!!

OP
OP
DadsLariat

DadsLariat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2024 (rollover MY23) Mav finally showed up at the dealer and I picked up on Jan 30th. My final wait was 17 months or 500+ days. And 2 1/2 months in shipping.
Dealership was great. They notified me when it was on their lot and we setup a delivery date. Everything went smooth.
Love this little truck so far.

aivanov61

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered MY23 & MY24 Maverick)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you did the right thing to wait it out, not only for the long delay in getting it built, but for the long shipping too.

I had similar shipping experience - it was shipped Dec 13th 2023, but it sat on a convoy until Jan 26th just outside Portland. I received it last Friday. It is all I expected it to be! Already getting a range of >500mi per tank and up to 51 MPG. I too am a F.O.R.D. guy and this is my first truck - have been wanting a small pickup most of my adult life and this is my retirement car. Know what you want, follow through, and enjoy the view as God does His thing to bring about a final outcome; remember that he does all things for the good of those who love him and are called according to his purpose...sometimes the outcome is as we hoped/expected, sometimes not.

Enjoy!
Sponsored