Sponsored

Factory Continental Tires not well regarded?

DCP

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2018 Escape, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just curious... It seems that a lot of people on here don't care for the original Continental tires. Are there any particular reasons? I realize they are not for performance nor off-roading, so if you are doing those things they probably aren't for you. I have about 15,000 miles of basic every day driving on mine and they seem fine. They are relatively quiet and I've never had any traction issues. I rotated them at all three oil changes and the treadwear seems minimal. When the time comes, I probably won't replace them with the same, but I don't have any complaints about these so far.
Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just curious... It seems that a lot of people on here don't care for the original Continental tires. Are there any particular reasons? I realize they are not for performance nor off-roading, so if you are doing those things they probably aren't for you. I have about 15,000 miles of basic every day driving on mine and they seem fine. They are relatively quiet and I've never had any traction issues. I rotated them at all three oil changes and the treadwear seems minimal. When the time comes, I probably won't replace them with the same, but I don't have any complaints about these so far.
They came on my XLT AWD 4KTow Lux Mav on Nov 28th and today with 980 miles on them, I put on Firestone Duelers… I’m in NJ and I wanted something with better grip for the snow… if we get any. I kept the continentals to swap out in March.

OP
OP
DCP

DCP

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2018 Escape, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That makes sense if your in an extreme weather environment.

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
47k miles and this is what mine looks like. I wouldn't hesitate buying the same ones when the time comes.

Ford Maverick Factory Continental Tires not well regarded? 20230118_123358

Ford Maverick Factory Continental Tires not well regarded? 20230118_123457

Sponsored

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't hate my Continentals either. My problem is they do ok at everything and don't excel at anything. Mine are getting quite loud now, 23k. Honestly I thought I would have to had to replace them already, but they probably have another 7-10k on them.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't hate my Continentals either. My problem is they do ok at everything and don't excel at anything. Mine are getting quite loud now, 23k. Honestly I thought I would have to had to replace them already, but they probably have another 7-10k on them.
I have had continental's on my Honda CR-V and on it I have to rotate about every 6-7 k miles as that's when they start making noise. Have you rotated yours?

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have had continental's on my Honda CR-V and on it I have to rotate about every 6-7 k miles as that's when they start making noise. Have you rotated yours?
Well... I was hoping they would ware out faster so I didn't bother. I guess I should probably do that.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I also don't think there is anything overly wrong with them. Not a good tire for sub-zero driving, but for most of the year they are more than adequate. I put on a set of Nokina WR-G4s for the winter months, but am considerng putting the Contientals back on for the spring/summer/early fall, since they have a softer ride.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Same experience here. I only have a little over 5K miles on mine but so far no complaints.

Honestly they suit the Maverick just fine. A low entry tire that gets the job done just like an honest truck that gets the job done.

Last edited:

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same experience here. I only have a little over 5K miles on mine but so far no complaints.

Honestly they suit the Maverick just fine. A low entry tire that gets the job done just like an honest truck that gets the job done.
The Falken Wildpeaks should have come with the AWD FX4 I think. They basically cost the same.

Redd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's not that they're *bad* tires per se. It's just that those Continentals offer fairly mediocre performance all around.

Dirt/gravel roads, wet conditions, light snow, etc...they offer relatively poor performance in comparison to other all-season options.

Dry conditions are fine for them but, again, even that has better options.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
The Falken Wildpeaks should have come with the AWD FX4 I think. They basically cost the same.
You're pricing retail tires bro. Ford doesn't pay retail. They negotiate prices and sign contracts.

Think about it bro.

Ford Maverick Factory Continental Tires not well regarded? tkt-smart
Sponsored