Sponsored

Factory Continental Tires not well regarded?

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just curious... It seems that a lot of people on here don't care for the original Continental tires. Are there any particular reasons? I realize they are not for performance nor off-roading, so if you are doing those things they probably aren't for you. I have about 15,000 miles of basic every day driving on mine and they seem fine. They are relatively quiet and I've never had any traction issues. I rotated them at all three oil changes and the treadwear seems minimal. When the time comes, I probably won't replace them with the same, but I don't have any complaints about these so far.
I'll get different ones when I wear these out
Sponsored

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are a .50 tire 👎 Jeep put them on my wife's Cherokee limited all will drive .NO Traction at all in Snow , Wore down very fast on chip seal roads , Put a piece of Copper wire thru the side wall , Not for any vehicles or person that lives in rural areas not dependable or reliable maybe cities and freeways not for us foke who live 0in the country. Dealer put a set of Wildpeaks on Cherokee at 15,000 miles Cherokee has 32,000 miles on it now not a single problem and no ware from the chip seal roads .

Maverick Hybrid, Sold them before I got my Maverick .Bought a set of Wildpeaks from a member in Huntsville Al. Put the Wildpeaks on the first week I had my Maverick. 9000 miles on then now have had a bad winter here snow and ice front wheel drive Maverick has gone every place I wanted it to go and I don't stay home 👍🙂👻. If I have those crappy ,cheap Continentals on my Maverick I would not have got out of my driveway.
This not my opinion but FACTS !!!!
Don't like cheap tires when my families life or my life or yours may depend on your TIRES !!

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well... I was hoping they would ware out faster so I didn't bother. I guess I should probably do that.
On my CR-V a set of 90k mile Michelin's wore out at 38k miles without rotation. That car was hell on tires unless they were rotated every 4k miles.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe so.
The Michelin primacy A/S came on my lariat ( they make several dozen versions of primacy, at Michelin the Ford model shows it to be a 55k tire with rotation when uneven wear is noted, expected between 4-6k miles. Originally has 8.5/32" tread). I noticed road noise on mine at about 6,500 miles so I changed oil and rotated tires. The primacy is apparently used by several manufacturers but if you need to replace one Michelin recommends that you do so only with specific matching model of tire. Whatever this is all worth.....

Sponsored

Sponsored

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

bentley72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not a huge fan of them. Not great wet weather performance. Ok in the snow, but they seem to be wearing pretty quickly after 13,000 miles

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't drive aggressively enough to really put tires to the test and this has been a winter without much snow (that may change in the next week or so), but I'd say about the same of my OEM Continental ProContact TX tires as the reviews did... they seem OK at everything so far.

That may sound like it's not much of a compliment, but it is. I've had other OEM tires (Uniroyal Laredos on a Chevy truck and Bridgestone Duelers on a Subaru, for example) that I really wasn't happy with, mostly due to extremely poor performance in the snow.

Fitzovich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am very happy with the Continental tires and they seem to work for my needs. I will likely replace them with the same tire type when it comes tim, but at about 600 miles per month this will be awhile.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had very good experiences with continentals over the years.

Continentals traction has been very good for me - fine in wet weather, decent in snow. My only complaint has been relatively weak sidewalls but that is true of most road tires.

If all you do is road driving continentals are fine.
Sponsored