First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The EB Maverick's come with this battery, BHEF-48H6, which is an "Enhanced Flooded Battery." This EFB battery is designed to handle start-stop systems. AGM's can outperform EFB's and can be used to replace them.

Here a link to a BatteriesPlus article that gives a good rundown on this subject.

Can I Replace an EFB Battery with an AGM Battery?

https://www.batteriesplus.com/blog/power/efb-and-agm-batteries
Thank you! Very informative.
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It stands for advanced glass mat I think. It uses a gel instead of a liquid electrolyte. Need special chargers tho and a charging system in the car geared for it.
I went over to the link that explained the difference between EFB and AGM batteries and did not see any special needs for the AGM battery. Did I miss something?

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought the Maverick (at least hybrids) have an AGM battery. I’m sure the part number be fired that. Am I wrong?
I would have thought the Lariats would have at least an EFB.

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, that's disappointing. I wonder if the hybrid Lariat with start/stop button uses at least an EFB. According to what I read, the start/stop puts more demand on the battery system which the EFB is designed to handle.
I think the hybrids use the main HV battery to start the ICE and the tiny group 99 is to turn electronics on.

Sponsored

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ‘11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m going to check my part number again to verify what is in mine.

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So in another thread it was stated that BXT-99RT4-A is AGM. That must be where I got it from.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-mavericks-hybrid-2-5l-engine.782/post-135236

Here is another https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...utside-maybe-a-fleet-battery.6440/post-135725

Other posts I am seeing elsewhere on the web also say that part # is not AGM. So it seems many may be confused on here.
Ford/Motorcraft battery part numbers give us some information. BXT is a standard flooded battery. BHEF is an enhanced flooded battery. BAGM is an absorbed glass mat battery.

Ford Maverick 12V battery type 1670262981208

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So in another thread it was stated that BXT-99RT4-A is AGM. That must be where I got it from.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-mavericks-hybrid-2-5l-engine.782/post-135236

Here is another https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...utside-maybe-a-fleet-battery.6440/post-135725

and another

12V battery type | Page 2 | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions

Other posts I am seeing elsewhere on the web also say that part # is not AGM. So it seems many may be confused on this part number.
I'm pretty sure Ford AGM batteries have "AGM" in their part number and I believe the BXT-99RT4-A is a standard battery.

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would think AGM would be labeled on the battery like every other AGM battery I have had.

Sponsored

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would think AGM would be labeled on the battery like every other AGM battery I have had.
The factory batteries have a different label on them compared to the replacement batteries like the one I posted above. They usually only have the battery part# and warning information. No warranty info is listed because they are covered under the 3 year/36,000 bumper to bumper warranty and not the regular battery warranty. I'm a retired Ford parts counterman.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the hybrids use the main HV battery to start the ICE and the tiny group 99 is to turn electronics on.
That makes sense on paper. In reality, though, it seems the 12v battery is either not strong enough to handle the accessories (many complaints of deep sleep), or the battery management system needs an update fix.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As current Prius owner, I'm fairly certain any Prius replacement battery could replace the Maverick hybrids'. Really all that battery does (and it is important, don't get me wrong) is power up the system computers and run any 12v items that are powered when system is off. The Prius factory battery (at least the one in the rear cargo area) is AGM. There is not a high demand/drain on the battery in normal use. Compare specs to 2004-14 Prius battery to see if it can be used as a replacement. I do not not my Maverick yet.

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As current Prius owner, I'm fairly certain any Prius replacement battery could replace the Maverick hybrids'. Really all that battery does (and it is important, don't get me wrong) is power up the system computers and run any 12v items that are powered when system is off. The Prius factory battery (at least the one in the rear cargo area) is AGM. There is not a high demand/drain on the battery in normal use. Compare specs to 2004-14 Prius battery to see if it can be used as a replacement. I do not not my Maverick yet.
Maybe. Or maybe not. The Maverick hybrid 12 volt battery, BXT-99RT4-A measures length at 8.27in, width is 6.89 in, and height is also 6.89 in. These specs are from my Motorcraft battery product line chart.

I found a link to a replacement Prius 12 volt battery and it measures at a length of 9.25in, width is 5.0in and height is 8.63in.

Hard to say if it will fit properly without any modifications.

https://www.batterymart.com/p-9a51p-agm-prius-auxiliary-battery.html

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sounds like they went their own way on the the size. I doubt it will fit inside the Maverick's battery cover.
Sponsored