TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm also gonna add my 2 cents on some of these " constraint " issues. I just retired last year after 43 years as a parts man at the local Ford dealership . A lot of our backorder issues stemmed from Ford haggling with suppliers over the cost of parts . Ford always wants to lowball the supplier , so they will just decline to produce the component for what Ford wants to pay . Whether for replacement , or assembly line ; same part . Also , ANY modern vehicle is not the same as your fathers 69 Chevy . I've lost count how many times the sales department would try to add , or change components , especially electronic ones , to a new vehicle to satisfy a customers needs , that it would prove to be a nightmare for the parts, and service departments. I wouldn't hesitate to install an accessory or aftermarket hitch, but absolutely will never try to make anything but factory wiring and plug work on any of my vehicles .
How as a parts man at a local Ford dealership how did you know about the confidential international corporate agreements between Ford and their suppliers?
Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As far as potentially getting a timely build date, you're right.

But spending $1645 on the BAP I've determined isn't worth it. I can do everything except for the interior trim on my own much cheaper. I should be able to remove it according to Ford chat/marketing/guy/two other dealerships/a bunch of members on here...it's just my specific dealership claims they're not able to in their system for some reason.

Plus if I remove it that will help the '22 builds that want to add it when they convert to '23.
People keep saying they can make all the changes that the BAP provides for less money by doing it aftermarket. I don't get it. They must have access to a MUCH less expensive reupholstery shop than I do, because I could not even reupholster the seats in black vinyl (or leather, which I would do if going the DIY route) for the price of the BAP. Much less swap for the black wheels and swap (or paint) the grill components, or install the darkened light covers for anywhere near that price. I'm not quite to the point of calling the BAP a "bargain", but to me it's a MUCH better deal than the Tremor Appearance Package...

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was hoping they’re many cancellations,
And how many per month are feed up & are canceling
Too
Seems wrong for for open order bank for 2023’s for even 7 days
Perhaps 2 days to get orders with false hope, ect
All those cancelled customer orders will not be actually cancelled by the dealers. They will leave them in the system, and wait patiently for the truck to come in so they can sell it with ADM, just like they did with orders from '21 and '22...

Partsman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How as a parts man at a local Ford dealership how did you know about the confidential international corporate agreements between Ford and their suppliers?
Ford actually tells you that when you research status of back orders on their sight , FMC dealer . They don't give you actual confidential info , but enough to determine that they are in a financial feud with supplier . As some have stated on here , it's no big deal to weld up some steel to make a hitch , but you do have to pay someone to do it .

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

...As someone else on this site said is Ford knew how many Mavericks they could build and should never have allowed more orders than their capacity to build.
Perhaps they took X number of orders based on how many orders, on average, get canceled. Airlines over-book using similar logic.

Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perhaps they took X number of orders based on how many orders, on average, get canceled. Airlines over-book using similar logic.
Dealers never cancel Mav orders. They will just sell them to someone else with a big markup.

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well they not get in trouble with Ford for doing that I understood that they would cut their allocations for that kind of practice but what do I really know

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well they not get in trouble with Ford for doing that I understood that they would cut their allocations for that kind of practice but what do I really know
Not if they can prove the customer backed out and the dealer did not place a fraudulent order.

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not if they can prove the customer backed out and the dealer did not place a fraudulent order.
exactly. My dealer asked me to please send them an email or something in writing should I decide to not buy the maverick I ordered vs just calling them.

Starlord214

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 2023 Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a Lariat Tremor w/ the Lariat lux package and hope to get it before May2023 but i wont hold my breath

Sponsored

Ponyprez

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang 2+2, 2008 Shelby GT500, 2015 Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope Ford decides to build the higher cost units that have a little more profit in them first. If not, I guess they will have to refund my deposit. I'll just have to wait and see along with the rest.

Kro-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I went ahead and modified my order to remove the hitch. We will see if it makes any difference.
I have a base XL hybrid, color white on order.

Kro-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Some quick Excel math.

48.53% of hybrids cannot be built assuming Ford only builds 77,800 more total trucks for MY23.
Ford has over half of their EB capacity still open.
Ford has 3X as much Tremor capacity remaining as orders taken.
Ford has 2X as much CP360 Assist capacity remaining as orders taken.
Ford has almost double the number of moonroof capacity remaining as orders taken.

Assuming an equal percentage of hybrids and EB took the hitch (65%), then the hitch overage is actually proportional to the hybrid overage. So, if you end up constrained due to hybrid, then the hitch over orders would have made no difference anyway.

1667961244009.png
Are you saying that Ford can only build a total of 27k hybrids for all of 2023?

Woodhawg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Taurus,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wow, only half of the 2023 hybrid orders are going to be built. The other half will get cancelled and rolled over to 2024.
The way this is going I am not sure I will be alive when my number comes up!

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you saying that Ford can only build a total of 27k hybrids for all of 2023?
That assumes Ford only builds the remaining 77,800 order spots. If Ford builds more, then they will be able to build more hybrid Mavericks. But Ford would need to build 152,000 total at the 35/65 ratio to build all of the hybrid orders.
Sponsored