First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone help me understand . I can't see that trailer hitches are available as standard equipment with any trim level . I see only as optional 4wire, 7 wire , or as part of optional 4k tow package. So doesn't that indicate that all hitches are " stand alone " ?
Sponsored

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

IMHO, the constraints are really the least of out worries - allocations are. One of the local large dealers took over 350 2023 Maverick orders and were originally allocated 90. After much back and forth with Ford, they were allocated an additional 25 for a total of 115. Translation is more than 235 orders won't be filled - period. I believe this is the main reason Ford won't be doing anything for those who will never see their 2023 Maverick. AKA No 2024 rollovers.

As someone else on this site said is Ford knew how many Mavericks they could build and should never have allowed more orders than their capacity to build.

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Concerns is
1. This 2022 is 2000.00 less ,true and for a same build as 2023
2. But Already A year old
3. Is eco gas will become more plentiful or available , thus more
Financial lose on sell or trade , (future time)

Help please advice

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMHO, the constraints are really the least of out worries - allocations are. One of the local large dealers took over 350 2023 Maverick orders and were originally allocated 90. After much back and forth with Ford, they were allocated an additional 25 for a total of 115. Translation is more than 235 orders won't be filled - period. I believe this is the main reason Ford won't be doing anything for those who will never see their 2023 Maverick.

As someone else on this site said is Ford knew how many Mavericks they could build and should never have allowed more orders than their capacity to build.

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes that’s a problem we’re on the hook or give up, and yet if ford
took one of use out of the ‘order’ ,then could be sooner , perhaps less options , simpler build but who knows

Sponsored

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Concerns is
1. This 2022 is 2000.00 less ,true and for a same build as 2023
2. But Already A year old
3. Is eco gas will become more plentiful or available , thus more
Financial lose on sell or trade , (future time)

Help please advice
This is totally dependent on your needs/wants right now, like do you have a decent ride now? Is the itch to be in a Mav overwhelming? You MAY take a loss at trade in, but maybe not. Not a lot of Mavs of any kind out there right now for $20k. Everything in my area is $38k min, of all types. Really just depends on your need and tolerance for what I'd suppose would be a small, if any, loss on trade in. My two cents worth.

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to Tim this evening:

68% Hybrid orders compared to 35% capacity.
32% EB orders compared to 65% capacity.

Other than the hybrid, standalone tow hitch and splashguards seem to be the items over build capacity.

XLT Lux = 30% capacity but 25% orders.
Lariat Lux = 25% capacity but 20% orders.
Tremor = 8% capacity but 2% orders

Appearance packages are all under capacity constraints compared to orders:

BAP = 10% capacity but 8% orders.
TAP = 3% capacity but "hardly anyone ordered it"

CP360 = 60% capacity but 50% orders
CP360A = 25% capacity but 8% orders.
SIBL = 39% capacity but 17% orders (Tim says leave off)
HBL = 25% capacity but 5% orders.
Moonroof = 38% capacity but 13% orders.
Hitch = 45% capacity but 65% orders... includes any packages that includes hitch.

Keep in mind those hitches are likely also on a lot of the hybrids that mathematically cannot be built. So, I don't know if I would remove the hitch. The hybrid would likely be the larger constraint than the hitch.

Note: this has been updated as more information had been requested.

Another thing to think about that messes with the chance of being scheduled, is the expected percentages of each trim level build, off the top of my head wasn't it 15% XLs, 45% XLTs, 40% Lariats for 2023?
Based off of the numbers list above it would seem that they will build 27,230 Hybrids out of 77,800 (35%).

45% are XLT or 12,253

That’s means
3,063 lux with Hitch 25%
2,450 hitch stand a lone option 20%
6,739 without a hitch 55%

As much as I want a hitch seems like ditching the hitch gets the odd of getting a hybrid 35% higher. But in general 1 out 6739 builds seems like it will be a big ask. Guess I will have to hope the dealership gets stock and give up on the hybrid or just do something different unless I get really lucky.

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I have 2018 Honda accord
New RAV4
And earlier post I mentioned that my 2007 Toyota caught fire I was looking for something to replace it with so I saw this 2023 maverick and ordered one and then I would sell the perhaps Honda Accord specially if I liked the truck enough, so that I could get tax credit

Partsman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm also gonna add my 2 cents on some of these " constraint " issues. I just retired last year after 43 years as a parts man at the local Ford dealership . A lot of our backorder issues stemmed from Ford haggling with suppliers over the cost of parts . Ford always wants to lowball the supplier , so they will just decline to produce the component for what Ford wants to pay . Whether for replacement , or assembly line ; same part . Also , ANY modern vehicle is not the same as your fathers 69 Chevy . I've lost count how many times the sales department would try to add , or change components , especially electronic ones , to a new vehicle to satisfy a customers needs , that it would prove to be a nightmare for the parts, and service departments. I wouldn't hesitate to install an accessory or aftermarket hitch, but absolutely will never try to make anything but factory wiring and plug work on any of my vehicles .

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IMHO, the constraints are really the least of out worries - allocations are. One of the local large dealers took over 350 2023 Maverick orders and were originally allocated 90. After much back and forth with Ford, they were allocated an additional 25 for a total of 115. Translation is more than 235 orders won't be filled - period. I believe this is the main reason Ford won't be doing anything for those who will never see their 2023 Maverick. AKA No 2024 rollovers.

Ford doesn't know exactly how many orders they can build. The large dealers on here got hundreds of Mavs last year even though they didn't technically have allocations for them at the beginning.

I mentioned in another post, early in production, allocations matter. Later in production, constraints and profitability matter more. This is how it went in MY 22. You know Ford is going to build something and sell it if they can. They aren't going to leave money on the table just because a dealership used all their original allocations.

Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Per Tim’s talks, “There will be NO 2024 rollover options by Ford”
Here is the wording from the official Ford message to dealers.

Ford Maverick Remaining Unscheduled MY2023 Maverick Orders = 77,800. List of Current Constraints 1668367347291

Notice it says "intention" and not "absolutely will not". As we have seen many times, Ford's plans often change.

Last edited:

MAVRICKDAVE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Oxford White Tremor 24 XL Atlas Blue Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

1st ever post here. But if I have a confirmation letter, build sheet with priority 12. For a 2023 xlt Tremor appearance package what are my odds? Oxford white if it matters.

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here we go again. When is Toyota coming out with its small hybrid truck? At this point that will probably hit my driveway before one of these do.
Nothing smaller than Tacoma listed in Toyota Future Product Pipeline. 2024 Tacoma expected to offer hybrid late availability. Ford has compact truck market monopoly.

2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid or bust!

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1st ever post here. But if I have a confirmation letter, build sheet with priority 12. For a 2023 xlt Tremor appearance package what are my odds? Oxford white if it matters.
Good, just a matter of when. EcoBoost and Tremor orders are under capacity.

st3v

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is the wording from the official Ford message to dealers.

1668367347291.png

Notice it says "intention" and not "absolutely will not". As we have seen many times, Ford's plans often change.
They indicate there is no intention for a private offer to adjust for increased pricing. They are not saying you cannot roll over though. You will just roll you order to a '24 with the higher price.
Sponsored