MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did they have a reason for not submitting it?
I am not the person you asked but if I had to hazard a guess I'd say dealership being dealership.

If you haven't noticed - most are useless.
Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not the person you asked but if I had to hazard a guess I'd say dealership being dealership.

If you haven't noticed - most are useless.
I guess i am still trying to figure out why they even exist.

JazzReptyl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Mazda B3000 cab plus 4x4 MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They said that the salesperson didn't get it ordered.
I responded that the salesperson told me that the general manager had to enter the orders and she said she would give him my order information.
The salesperson I talked to said they'd enter my order so that when/if orders were opened back up mine would get in.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I went to my dealer on Thursday, Sept. 15 and made an order for a 2022 Hybrid XLT Lux Cyber Orange and they said they'd put in the order when the order banks opened. They said they needed my driver's license to make it official. So on Friday, Sept. 16 I went in and they copied my DL.
I've heard nothing on my order and so today Friday Sept. 23 I went in and asked if my order had been put in and found out that was a negative.

I am vexed and hopping mad.

I mean not really because I don't need a new vehicle or need to spend nearly $30k including everything except loan interest, but dang it I wanted one.

Maybe Chevy will come out with a hybrid one with an extended cab and 6' bed since that's the body I want. Not expecting it though.
Ugh, its crap like this that makes me hate the entire dealership system. Almost everything else in the world, we can just place the order ourselves. Again, how hard is it to make sure an order is placed? Lazy MF'ers.

LushRoller

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is why I'm skeptical of the claims of huge numbers of orders beyond what Ford can produce. Between all the instances of people who were assured their '22 order would roll over automatically to find out after the deadline that it didn't, and people who weren't rollovers but believed they submitted an order to find out their dealer didn't due to laziness I suspect the numbers might not be quite as high as we fear.

Also what's up with all the people who successfully got one delivered last year ordering again? Planning to flip it? Leave some for those of us driving a car on its last legs planning to use our ordered Maverick as a daily driver.

Sponsored

KFBR392

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also what's up with all the people who successfully got one delivered last year ordering again? Planning to flip it? Leave some for those of us driving a car on its last legs planning to use our ordered Maverick as a daily driver.
Don’t hate the player, hate the game. It’s a wise financial play to flip one and keep one. These trucks print money.

That being said, I ordered only one, and am keeping it to drive into the ground just like my 2000 Honda CRV approaching 250,000 miles.

ldanielsjr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer XLT / 2018 Ford Expedition Ltd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What is rovp?
I believe that is Retail Order Verification Process - I signed the order form and provided a copy of my driver license to the dealer when I placed my order. He told me that was needed to place the order with Ford.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don’t hate the player, hate the game. It’s a wise financial play to flip one and keep one. These trucks print money.

That being said, I ordered only one, and am keeping it to drive into the ground just like my 2000 Honda CRV approaching 250,000 miles.
My dealer will actually refuse to sell it to you if they find out you are flipping. Believe it or not, a lot of flippers are easy to read. You can tell the difference between those who genuinely want a truck over those looking for a quick buck.

KFBR392

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer will actually refuse to sell it to you if they find out you are flipping. Believe it or not, a lot of flippers are easy to read. You can tell the difference between those who genuinely want a truck over those looking for a quick buck.
The dealers, themselves, are just flippers. Most are doing it fairly egregiously with these trucks by way of substantial markups, a few just selling at MSRP and making their typical profit. I have no issue with any of this, I’m a capitalist. In fact I’d almost prefer the profit went to an individual flipper than a big fancy dealership. No right or wrong here though. I have no interest in moral policing.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealer I'm working with never marks up. My MY23 Maverick is being sold to me below MSRP. That's why they have that limitation on who they sell it to. Because there is instant equity in the vehicles and you aren't making money on their good graces.

I believe in ethical capitalism. Price gouging is generally illegal but is legal if you call it scalping. Same principle on both: a seller of goods taking advantage of a shortage to artificially drive up the price to line their own pockets rather than letting the free market decide the price. Especially since the act of scalping is what is causing shortages and driving up prices to begin with.

I have zero interest in reasons or excuses and hope all scalpers lose their shirts on their respective endeavors. Want to flip new cars? Open a car lot and follow the same laws dealers have to contend with.

Sponsored

KFBR392

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer I'm working with never marks up. My MY23 Maverick is being sold to me below MSRP. That's why they have that limitation on who they sell it to. Because there is instant equity in the vehicles and you aren't making money on their good graces.

I believe in ethical capitalism. Price gouging is generally illegal but is legal if you call it scalping. Same principle on both: a seller of goods taking advantage of a shortage to artificially drive up the price to line their own pockets rather than letting the free market decide the price. Especially since the act of scalping is what is causing shortages and driving up prices to begin with.

I have zero interest in reasons or excuses and hope all scalpers lose their shirts on their respective endeavors. Want to flip new cars? Open a car lot and follow the same laws dealers have to contend with.
Scalping isn’t causing shortages. The shortages are already there. It’s just exacerbated by heavily imbalanced supply and demand in favor of the dealer.

And dealers can set prices at whatever they want to set them at—nothing illegal going on here. Arbitrary retail markups and fraudulent systemic price gouging are not the same thing.

The open market has proven that it is more than willing to pay over MSRP. We as the end consumer ultimately dictate whether or not things will sell with our purchasing decisions. And these trucks sell consistently at $10,000 over MSRP. So we’re just as culpable in this screwed up market for propping it up as the dealers are for maximizing their profits in a time of unprecedented reduced supply and the resulting extreme high demand.

It’ll balance out, but prices will just stay high after supply catches up. The fact that a crappy basic 2 wheel drive mini truck with no cruise control can sell for $30,000 is a sign of what’s to come. Nobody will be selling $20,000 vehicles brand new again after this if they’re smart. We’ll be kicking ourselves 5 years from now for not paying even a few thousand over MSRP for these while we still could, because nothing brand new will even come close to being this cheap.

docroland

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you are sure they said "UNclean", you are NOT good to go. "Unscheduled-CLEAN" as a secondary status is the good status. Unclean means there is a problem.
I called Ford again today. They said my order is "unscheduled-clean". Thank you sir pointing this out.

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I grow weary reading all the speculation in this thread. Way too many dealers taking advantage of buyers. Way too many buyers flipping. I'm just trying to replace my gas guzzling Ranger. The ONLY thing that matters is when you drive your Maverick off the lot. If it's not in your possession, not much else matters.

Sandy Ego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I grow weary reading all the speculation in this thread. Way too many dealers taking advantage of buyers. Way too many buyers flipping. I'm just trying to replace my gas guzzling Ranger. The ONLY thing that matters is when you drive your Maverick off the lot. If it's not in your possession, not much else matters.
i wonder about the percentage of people flipping. in the grand scheme of things, do they really matter?

teamhurst

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm thinking this has happened to me also. The sales geek ASSURES me it's been ordered. No email from Ford, no tracking number, no charge for deposit on my Amex.

Luckily I was buying it on a lark and don't have to have it. A 2011 Ranger with low mileage would be fine too.
Sponsored