teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Meanwhile, some of us didn't get to order a 22 in the first place, and are now having to wait even longer to place our orders.
Sponsored

Fred's Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKC and 1970 Mustang Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer sent me a copy of this today. Nice to see something official from Ford. Now we hope those of us with yet unscheduled 2022 orders still get ours soon. It looks like September before the 2023 order bank opens.

fordbulletin.jpg
Does anyone have a friend at FMC that can get into the website and get a clean copy of both pages. I went to FMCdealer.dealerconnection.com to no avail. I saw that retirees may have acess.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Meanwhile, some of us didn't get to order a 22 in the first place, and are now having to wait even longer to place our orders.
No effect as they will build the remaining MY22 orders first, so no effect.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No effect as they will build the remaining MY22 orders first, so no effect.
Not no effect. It may not effect when we get the truck. But we are missing the financing rate of 2.9%, plus any cost increases if applicable. I am a little annoyed we are missing the financing special. Not foaming at the mouth I'll survive, but it's not a 0 impact either.

Sponsored

UnTruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Layne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When was this posted? Surely not in 2022 because it looks like a facsimile from 1989 for the Econoline.
The AI app automatically updated the vehicle and posted in 2022!🤗

Sponsored

davnau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer sent me a copy of this today. Nice to see something official from Ford. Now we hope those of us with yet unscheduled 2022 orders still get ours soon. It looks like September before the 2023 order bank opens.

fordbulletin.jpg
Purely a guess, but however many weeks ordering is moved from August 2, then I expect the same number of weeks pushed out for production start.

For example, if order banks open on September 13 (six weeks from August 2), then 2023 Maverick production may start on December 5, instead of October 24. That would technically still be Fall, 2022.

Six weeks is a significant length of time to build more 2022 Mavericks.

But again, all just a guess.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
3rd option: more likely hell will freeze over
Getting scheduled and hell freezing over kinda a guess at this point.

I'm thinking your 3rd option is closer.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Purely a guess, but however many weeks ordering is moved from August 2, then I expect the same number of weeks pushed out for production start.
Maybe. But I think Ford was just trying to eliminate the cross-over issue where folks with a MY22 order were being asked to place an order for MY23 but could still get scheduled for MY22. That looked like a potential disaster in the making.

More concerning is people with scheduled weeks getting pushed back. That seems to indicate that parts that were expected to arrive did not or some other recent unexpected disruption. That might force them to delay MY23 production as they did not complete the number of MY22's they expected to.

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I did go to my dealer today. But was able to get some other questions answered (what to expect for tag fees, etc) for my own purchase planning. I was also able to get a copy of the schedule that they had just gotten today, so here it is for everyone else. :)

Ford Maverick Official bulletin: reorders and 2022's. 2023 order banks open September further confirmed 08022200 (Large).JPG

Of course, it had the expected disclaimer that dates that haven't been reached yet may change. My apologies for the left-side being clipped, but that is how I received it.
Sponsored