First Name
Woo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why do some dealers have communication from Ford and others (apparently) don't???

I emailed Ed Simpson at Chapman Philly this morning telling him about everything Tim detailed on Ordering tomorrow and this was his reply.

Hi Chris nothing official from Ford in my inbox yet. It should be tomorrow from the latest news and of course my 2022 orders are getting priority over the new ones. I am crossing my fingers the order guide and pricing arrives on time. It was delayed over an hour after the banks opened for the F-150. I will be reaching out to everyone in the order I received the original request.
Are they still doing 3% under invoice for the MY2023? Horsham is only 1% now.
Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For those who have pre-ordered with COVPs before - how long did it take for you to confirm that Ford recieved your order from the day that you "began" the pre-order with your dealer? I am wondering myself if I should also place multiple orders through different dealers to maximize my chances if there's a chance a single order could be missed.

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So seems like everyone is ready for the order banks for 2023 to open tomorrow 9/15. My dealer and sounds like a lot of others have been asking their reps and still no info on officially being able to order a 2023 even as of right now..... Are people still expecting to be able to put an order in tomorrow morning, if so how? Are dealers going to get 2023 options/pricing and be able to place orders with basically no notice?
Itā€™s posted at Ford.com

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those who have pre-ordered with COVPs before - how long did it take for you to confirm that Ford recieved your order from the day that you "began" the pre-order with your dealer? I am wondering myself if I should also place multiple orders through different dealers to maximize my chances if there's a chance a single order could be missed.
It took a couple of hours for the confirmation email but that email doesnā€™t mean a lot. I got that email Oct 9 confirming my order but 8 months later my order was gone. Nobody knows why or will say but I suspect they didnā€™t successfully complete the COVP. Thatā€™s what matters. As you can guess I have no Maverick nor do I get the $2,750 toward a 23.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It took a couple of hours for the confirmation email but that email doesnā€™t mean a lot. I got that email Oct 9 confirming my order but 8 months later my order was gone. Nobody knows why or will say but I suspect they didnā€™t successfully complete the COVP. Thatā€™s what matters. As you can guess I have no Maverick nor do I get the $2,750 toward a 23.
Jeez. That's the exact scenario I want to avoid - wait eight months for nothing. I'd be pissed too.

I guess I should probably follow up after a few days with my preferred dealer and obtain a DORA? I am wondering if there will be issues with COVP if Ford finds out you tried buying a car at 2 or 3 separate dealers. Will they just cancel all of it? Or only accept one?

Sponsored

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Jeez. That's the exact scenario I want to avoid - wait eight months for nothing. I'd be pissed too.

I guess I should probably follow up after a few days with my preferred dealer and obtain a DORA? I am wondering if there will be issues with COVP if Ford finds out you tried buying a car at 2 or 3 separate dealers. Will they just cancel all of it? Or only accept one?
There should be no issue with placing multiple orders at multiple dealers;however, as a courtesy you should cancel the remaining orders after you are scheduled- otherwise it can hurt the dealer if you donā€™t take the order.

Miranda

First Name
Miranda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
I talked with my dealer this morning, he said they would email the build sheet to me tomorrow (9/15) to see if I had any changes, then submit the order Friday (9/16) and I should received the truck late December.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I talked with my dealer this morning, he said they would email the build sheet to me tomorrow (9/15) to see if I had any changes, then submit the order Friday (9/16) and I should received the truck late December.
Yeah.....not gonna happen. I have a Maverick scheduled for production in October with an estimated delivery date of mid to late December. A new order placed tomorrow isn't going to get selected, produced, and shipped before one already on the books to be built in October.

Lotto340

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
got a email from crossroads ford raleigh nc saying ordering begins tomorrow the 15th and they had 7 sales guys to take the orders . did i want to make a reservation. i would but all orders include a $500 paint protection they say comes on all vehicles. they have no control over that. funny
that leith ford in wendell can get then without it. hmmmmm!!! i will bet in wendell tomorow at 8:45

xlt cactus grey , hitch and full size tire $25k
Is this factoring in the expected $2,750 price increase on hybrids? Asking because I want to order a similar xlt and was wondering what the expected price would be.

OP
OP
Pow_Hound

Pow_Hound

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Dodge Dakota, 2010 BMW X5 35d, lots of motorc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last edited:
Sponsored

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haven't heard a thing from Ford or my dealer
Still waiting............
Me either, emailed my dealers 'online sales manager' twice in the last week but no response.

Goose839

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are they still doing 3% under invoice for the MY2023? Horsham is only 1% now.
Yes, Ed has remained true to his initial offer of 3% off invoice.

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
December 2023 maybe

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, got a response this morning from the dealer: "Order banks are not open yet for 2023 Maverick, we will email you when they open".

The inconsistency in dealer knowledge/information is maddening.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How is it that Apple can coordinate an official launch of the latest iPhone complete with a big press event and yet Ford can't even seem to have a single official source of information where everyone could know for certain what is correct?
Sponsored