First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Maverick
Trim
XL
Starting with your private offer. How ever much that same truck you originally ordered without changes later, that is how much you should get. Whatever that same XL goes up in a 23 is what you should get in your offer..........Secondly, Tim Bartz, Ford Video Guy, says even if you change engines, you should retain your place in line. I asked him this live on his You Tube Show about 6 weeks ago. I know that could be a huge choice to switch if that proves to be un-true, but that is what he said. I would try to confirm that with him. And yes, all this needs to be done at the same dealership as your original order.
I switched back in end of July from XL to XLT from what I heard I'm still a 22 but I'm at the end of the line now, Didn't know that when i made the switch, don't know about the price yet. My dealer is doing the reorder today. I ask for copy of the order and new pricing.

TheWizziard

XLT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger
Trim
XLT
So after waiting an entire year I have no higher priority than does someone who orders a '23 this week? Gee...thanks Ford for rewarding your patient and loyal customers. 😠
And it appears that it is up to the dealer to decide, by priority code, to place us in front of the new orders. o_O

TheWizziard

XLT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger
Trim
XLT

Flight Test

XLT
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Trim
XLT
It would be competition but they would probably have to move production to North America. currently it is a Fiat Strada built in the Fiat plant in Brazil. As is, it would be subject the the 25% Chicken Tax to import them from Brazil to the US.
Not to mention the vehicle would have to meet federal safety and EPA emission requirements.

Maverickblues

XLT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Trim
XLT
I switched back in end of July from XL to XLT from what I heard I'm still a 22 but I'm at the end of the line now, Didn't know that when i made the switch, don't know about the price yet. My dealer is doing the reorder today. I ask for copy of the order and new pricing.
That's interesting. I have no idea which one Ford will view as the order they will give you the private offer on. Probably the XLT since they started you over, but who really knows? You will find out very soon. Hope it all goes well when you go in!

Jamesrchapman1949

XLT
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Trim
XLT
This whole certificate thing is confusing.
No email from Ford, but the Ford info center, with the barking dog and crying baby in background, gave me a certificate number.
Good for what, hopefully

CZaugg

Lariat
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chev Silverado 2500HD, 2021 Toyota Venza
Trim
Lariat
I called Ford today and confirmed that yes, Sept. 15 will be the reorder date, no, my XL Hybrid order last October 25, 2021 has not been scheduled for production nor issued a VIN, and yes, I should expect to get a 2023. I also learned this would be a good opportunity to switch from an XL to XLT, (which I've been considering) and that doing so would not push me back in line. The call-taker also said dealers had been sent info and should have new information for their customers on the reorder process. So... pretty much confirmed all of the buzz I've been reading here. I plan a trip to the dealer on Thursday.
Interesting how the production process works. I still can't figure it out after reading on this forum. I had the understanding constrained items on an order would push back that order and a less constrained vehicle would be produced instead. My order, even though before yours (Oct 11) is a Lariat with the Lux package AND mud flaps. So that means not only the mud flaps are constrained but also the spray in bed liner, 360 and to top it off, the all weather floor mats. Your order sounds like a base only package and you are pushed over into the MY23. With all my constraints, I figured I would have been the one pushed over into the MY23. Go figure.

CZaugg

Lariat
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chev Silverado 2500HD, 2021 Toyota Venza
Trim
Lariat

dbmurray

XLT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Trim
XLT
I'd like the Ram 700 better if the front end was a bit boxier, but it still looks a lot better than the Santa Cruz.

They appear to build a 2-door version, as well. Even if they bring the 4-door to North America, I don't think they'd ever sell the 2-door here. It's fascinating that there's a market for 2-doors in other countries, though. It used to be a fairly popular form factor here in the 1980s and 1990s.

ram-700-fiat-strada-2021.jpg

F-050

Lariat
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Ranger, 13 Sentra, 79 Vette, 18 BMW320i
Trim
Lariat
Who are you calling when you say Maverick Customer Service Rep ? Is that with Ford Motor and what is the number? Or are you calling your dealer? I finally got my VIN# from the dealership and I ordered Oct 25th, 2021 and it's saying delivery will between Nov 20-24, 2022. I would like to talk to a live person too.
My Hyb, Lar,Lux,360,hitch, SIBL, loaded ordered on 11/1 got vin 30 days ago. Build date 10/10 (4th change) 6-8 weeks was told, to get to dealer. Merry Christmas to me......

dbmurray

XLT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Trim
XLT
Wow! Pretty awesome. If availability was good down south, it might be worth taking that long overdue vacation to Mexico by flying down and driving the Ram 700 back home, site seeing along the way.
The process appears to be a good bit more complicated than just simply buying one in Mexico and driving it over the border.

When it's a vehicle that isn't already available in the US market like this, there's a whole stack of paperwork and possibly even alterations that have to be made before it can be registered.

Gary C

XL
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Maverick
Trim
XL
That's interesting. I have no idea which one Ford will view as the order they will give you the private offer on. Probably the XLT since they started you over, but who really knows? You will find out very soon. Hope it all goes well when you go in!
Dealer said they can do everything on there own, don't need to go in . Hope there right. Going to call Ford next week to see if the order is in place.

Mav101

XLT
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gm
Trim
XLT
And mine was changed from 10/10 to 10/24 😂

Just got bumped back another week this morning. Now build week is 10/31.

Sure makes me wonder if they are going to be able to build all the ones with assigned vin.

Flight Test

XLT
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Trim
XLT
Dealer said they can do everything on there own, don't need to go in . Hope there right. Going to call Ford next week to see if the order is in place.
I did go in yesterday to give my X-Plan paperwork and copy of my license. System was crashing while trying to preview. Received the email confirmation at 0345. GM emailed the actual order and can sign, scan, and return.

TheWizziard

XLT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger
Trim
XLT
The process appears to be a good bit more complicated than just simply buying one in Mexico and driving it over the border.

When it's a vehicle that isn't already available in the US market like this, there's a whole stack of paperwork and possibly even alterations that have to be made before it can be registered.
Even more complicated if the vehicle isn't safety and environmentally compliant. Small things can make it non-compliant.