First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dragging us back a few months, say late spring, didn't Ford say they were going to use first in first out (excluding the effects of constraints) to produce retail orders and not use the allocation system? Did I dream that?
They did say that. But looks like they changed their minds and have moved back to allocations, priority, and whatever else is in the program that makes the scheduling decisions.

People that are new to this process get ready for a real roller coaster ride.

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They did say that. But looks like they changed their minds and have moved back to allocations, priority, and whatever else is in the program that makes the scheduling decisions.

People that are new to this process get ready for a real roller coaster ride.
I'm getting ready to buy a competitor product in 9-12 months if the Mav doesn't arrive.

A shame, this would have been my 11th Ford.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Good point. Just be sure to keep in mind that @fordvideoguy said to give them a little time to complete the COVP process. Many are still catching up with the follow-up paperwork and Ford's response has been surprisingly (sarcasm here) slow to confirm. When I visited my dealer today, he was sitting with a stack of orders working through the COVP process for all of their Maverick orders.
Correct, we have submitted 300 of our 795 with the person who enters them in working 14 hour days since last Friday plus came in on her Sunday off. Some of our salespeople are still waiting for our documents to be returned to us from customers. I finally got my docusigns sent today and haven't even gotten them handed into the COVP coordinator. It takes alot of work by the salesperson, managers, and the person submitting the COVP paperwork plus Ford going through them to verify them. That is why we have until 10/5 to get them all submitted.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Do you think the extra allocations assumption would apply to all dealers? Although I received my email confirmation from Ford when I enquired about the COVP from my dealer they said Ford told them a smaller than expected allocation amount and I might not get mine built because so many of the 22’s had to be carried over and they are sucking up most of their 23 allocations.
I would think so. The numbers given to dealers on Tuesday were stupid numbers that didn't make sense. They will figure it out and make it right.

Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Dragging us back a few months, say late spring, didn't Ford say they were going to use first in first out (excluding the effects of constraints) to produce retail orders and not use the allocation system? Did I dream that?
Yes for 2022, this gives them the opportunity to change that going into 23MY production. Plus, Ford changes their minds all the time.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would think so. The numbers given to dealers on Tuesday were stupid numbers that didn't make sense. They will figure it out and make it right.
Hopefully this will be cleared up soon. Hearing about only 11 allocations for Chapman was, needless to say, shocking and unexpected.

uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Jim Farley at Ford Motor Company should hire Tim, put him in charge of Communications/Allocations then we know the process would be fair, equitable, and make sense.

Ford should be embarrassed the way it treats potential as well as repeat customers.

Last edited:

king2022

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2024 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Jim Farley at Ford Motor Company should hire Tim, put him in charge of Communications/Allocations then we know the process would be fair, equitable, and make sense.

Ford should be embarrassed the way it treats potential as well as repeat customers.
Should hire Tim as Ford CEO

Sponsored

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

duncanator

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well we tried.... They too had 'mandatory dealer add-ons' that were $1500, non-negotiable. And that one was at the wire... So, I passed on them quickly....With the way the systems were, they didn't think they could even get it keyed in... and there were others ahead of me.

Finally, at the very last minute, one dealership in AZ wasn't going to force me to take any adders at all... I had everything for them down to codes and prices, but the system crawled and they were having trouble getting the last of their orders in before bank close today... so mine couldn't go in at all and neither could a few staged before me.. They just couldn't get them in for us. Someone used a Concert/TicketMaster/Scalpers/Sellout illustration, and that's just how it was today. Frustrating, just couldnt' get it done with 4 business days and 3 dealerships, the first two with those big adders that were such a turnoff.

So... See you all for MY2024. Hopefully there will be more time to plan and find a good dealership next year.

<edited because I realized the original post was so poorly written that it was hard to understand what actually transpired.. LOL!! >
My dealer had me configure it as a 2022 and then they entered it as a 2023. Because I was rushed to get the order in on time, I missed some new 2023 options that I would have wanted. I also did not realize the change in the luxury package options. At this point I am likely to refuse the vehicle and wait for orders to open up for 2024. Bummer because I thought it would be fun to own one of these. My dealer will no doubt be happy once they find out I am giving up the vehicle.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer had me configure it as a 2022 and then they entered it as a 2023. Because I was rushed to get the order in on time, I missed some new 2023 options that I would have wanted. I also did not realize the change in the luxury package options. At this point I am likely to refuse the vehicle and wait for orders to open up for 2024. Bummer because I thought it would be fun to own one of these. My dealer will no doubt be happy once they find out I am giving up the vehicle.
Depending on what you want to change, it is very possible you still can. Talk to your dealer to see what they can add and remove for you. The only real limits on adding/removing are if you are wanting to change trim level (XL to XLT to Lariat), and switching between EcoBoost to Hybrid.

duncanator

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Depending on what you want to change, it is very possible you still can. Talk to your dealer to see what they can add and remove for you. The only real limits on adding/removing are if you are wanting to change trim level (XL to XLT to Lariat), and switching between EcoBoost to Hybrid.
I ordered an XLT with the luxury package, sunroof, rear window but the 22's came with a bed liner and the 23 doesn't with the lux package. Plus, I think I would have preferred the Lariat as I've thought about it more but know that it's impossible to change that (my fault). I might ask the dealer about other options but when I provided them with my exact build, they stripped it back to the basics of the options, which struck me as odd.

jmcgon237

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer told me when I ordered that if I put down a deposit, Ford gave a higher priority to the order. On my 22 Maverick order with the same dealer no deposit was required. I tend to believe that this was my dealer's understanding because they treated me very fairly in the past. Was anyone else told a deposit added weight to the order?
Sponsored