Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a pretty straight forward process but I thought I would post some images and information.

1. Open glovebox and empty the contents. On the right side is the damping lever. Using a trim tool as shown works best as it makes it easy to separate the lever from the mounting post. Push the tool in a little and twist to pry the lever outwards.

Ford Maverick How-to DIY: change the cabin air filter c1

2. From the outside of the glovebox, push the tabs inward at the same time and rotate glovebox downward. You can now easily lift the glovebox up from its hinges and totally remove it.

Ford Maverick How-to DIY: change the cabin air filter c2

3. There are plastic tabs on each side of the cabin filter housing. Carefully push each tab outwards to release the cabin filter door. The door is attached at the bottom with plastic hinges. Grab the tabs on the top and rotate the door downwards.

Ford Maverick How-to DIY: change the cabin air filter c5

4. Remove the old cabin filter by grabbing the edges and pulling it straight out.

Ford Maverick How-to DIY: change the cabin air filter c4

5. Install the new filter, making sure that the "airflow" arrow is pointed downwards. Rotate the door upwards and push in on each side to lock the door in place. Reinstall the glove box and re-attach the dampener.

This is what the filter looks like:

Ford Maverick How-to DIY: change the cabin air filter c3

The Ford part number is: JX6Z-19N619-E. The OEM filter is made in the USA. MSRP is $29.95.
"FP-99" is also used to describe/verify the correct filter.

Ford Maverick How-to DIY: change the cabin air filter c6

---------------------------
NEW FORD REFRESH95 CABIN AIR FILTER CAN HELP IMPROVE VEHICLE INTERIOR AIR QUALITY

new-ford-refresh95-cabin-air-filter.html

I have not seen these new filters being available yet for the Maverick. Will update this post when info & part # becomes available.

----------------------------
Sponsored

Last edited:

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice writeup! Just a note: I just pulled the lever in step 1 with my hands and no tool. It's probably safer to use the tool like you mentioned, though...

After owning an Accord with no less than 8-10 bolts that needed to be taken off for the cabin air filter, this is a great design.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks for doing this.

There will be plenty of non-OEM filters at a much better price soon. Don't get suckered by the service people charging you $50 or more to change your cabin filter. Too easy DIY.

OP
OP

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice writeup! Just a note: I just pulled the lever in step 1 with my hands and no tool. It's probably safer to use the tool like you mentioned, though...

After owning an Accord with no less than 8-10 bolts that needed to be taken off for the cabin air filter, this is a great design.
I tried removing the lever by hand but mine was really on there tight. Agree, the Maverick filter is easy, some vehicles as you noted can be quite involved. Cabin filter installation can be a very high profit center for dealers. I have heard of people being charged $100-$200 - and that's for easy ones to change!!

OP
OP

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for doing this.

There will be plenty of non-OEM filters at a much better price soon. Don't get suckered by the service people charging you $50 or more to change your cabin filter. Too easy DIY.
Just watch out for cheap/poor quality aftermarket filters, especially if made in China...

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the write-up!

A word of caution. When replacing your filter you don’t want a high performance “Hepa” filter. It will severely restrict airflow. I tried that with my Raptor and other Fords and immediately pulled it out and switched to an OEM (or OEM like) filter.

Last edited:

jdiaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XLT Lux 2000 Boxster 1970 VW Westy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice to see this (almost) copy of a late model VW design. After suffering thru the ridiculous replacement procedure required with our Fiesta and C-Max, this looks like a joy to replace.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well done OP! (y)

Sponsored

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That looks to be a good bit easier to change than the cabin air filter in my 2015 Escape. When I can finally get my head jammed down near the floor so I'm at an angle to see it, my eyes are so close that it blurs if I keep my eyeglasses on and I see double if I take them off! The last time it was changed, I just paid $10 extra at the place where I get my oil changed to swap the old one out for one I'd bought. Those boys are a lot younger than me and probably have better eyesight.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cabin air filter replace was one of the few things I've always done by myself. Not needing this yet, but will before long. Thanks for the write-up!

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The OEM filter listed by the OP above is $18.94 at Fairway Ford Parts. They do take FordPass Rewards but have to call or email them.

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now i know what the heck “refresh95” is on my window sticker!!!!

cowmeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So is there already an air filter in there? I don't want to take it apart to check. The reason I'm asking is that I went to change one out on my wife's 2020 Explorer and found out Ford didn't actually put one in, and same thing happened on my 2018 Chevy Volt. I'm wondering if I need to go ahead and order one now or just assume they actually put one in it
Sponsored