xSWMIx

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You guys that just ordered and got scheduled, you suck.... joking of course.. my June 9th order is still yet to schedule so I'm looking at March or later to get it
Agreed. I'm nursing my ancient Ranger along waiting for my Maverick. Really need this truck for work, been waiting years and years for something this size with hybrid efficiency. Reserved end of June, ordered officially July 13. Haven't heard a peep other than the infamous "it's gonna be awhile here's some clothing hooks and cupholders" email. Dealer says he hasn't heard anything either. He told me using A/Z plan could potentially move me up on the list but that does not seem to be the case....
Sponsored

Michele'sMav

First Name
Michele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I'm 100% convinced that it has to do with the options you chose. A spray in liner being the biggest. I had a lot of options....ordered June 10th...still never even got an email or update of any kind. I drive my current truck daily a long ways. I get roughly 18-20 miles to the gallon. I would have saved literally hundreds on gas by now if I got a Maverick 6 weeks ago.

Well I just ordered 11/27, confirmed 11/29, and yesterday got a build date of 1/31, his is for 2.0 eco fwd with spray in liner, hitch reciever and weather mats

mpoulin

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing until my Mav is built!
I ordered in September, last communication after it being delayed 2-3 times was an email October 29 stating my build date "is now scheduled to be built the week of December 6, 2021. We will continue to keep you informed regarding your vehicle's production status."

Should I be worried I haven't heard or gotten squat yet?

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Order verified by Ford June 23, nothing further. Dealer is small, probably few allocations.

Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd say closing the Hybrid order taking for MY22 means it's more likely that Ford will not be running long past summer on MY22 Hybrid production. They want to get MY22 done quickly and over so they can get onto MY23 Hybrid production, raise the price and actually make some money.

Since Hybrid demand is so high, they will need/want to capture some financial upside. Also increased production costs/material inflation and the need to change many sources to eliminate some constraints that are occurring are all going to lead to price increases. Ford is going to want to transition to that as quickly as possible.

Ford has no incentive to push out this MY production. They're going to move into MY23 as quickly as possible for the MAV and possibly all product lines.

EDIT: it's the reason why I bought now. I was going to wait until MY23 to buy. Let the first year quality issues work out. But interest rates are likely to go up to help curb inflation (the Fed is threatening it) and I felt the Mav's introductory price was low and would not be sustained (because of popularity, scarcity, material shortages, labor shortages and inflation). I believed it was the best time to buy for the next 3-5 years. So I held my nose and gave it a go, earlier than planned.
You seem to know it all and like spreading all that speculation.

Michele'sMav

First Name
Michele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I agree I ordered my truck on June 14 and still waiting. I really believe that Ford is building the more expensive truck first. Us poor folks that have an order below say $26,000 our trucks will be built sometime in April or May that way Ford can make more money. All we can do is hope and pray that we know something soon.

Nope...we wanted very cheap truck but waited to long and could not order the hybrid, so ordered the XL eco boost, with destination. Charge, spray-in liner, hitch reciever and all-weather floor mats our total is $23,345 and we ordered 6 days ago and have build date of 1/31, so try to figure that out 🤷‍♀️
I agree I ordered my truck on June 14 and still waiting. I really believe that Ford is building the more expensive truck first. Us poor folks that have an order below say $26,000 our trucks will be built sometime in April or May that way Ford can make more money. All we can do is hope and pray that we know something soon.
[/QUOTE]

velvetsMT

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, F250. F350
  • ⏰ Time email was received 12:56PM EDT
  • 📅 Your scheduled build week 01/31/22
  • 🛻 All relevant build info Velocity blue hybrid lariat. Lariat Lux Package, Ford Co-Pilot, Touchlink bed lighting, floor liners and carpet mats, window air deflectors
  • 📍 Your region, if comfortable - Montana
  • 🗓 Your original order date - 06/08/21
  • 🕺 Dealer - The one down the road

Kaneda

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Scion Xb
Ordered 11/20. Got VIN yesterday and scheduled build week of 1/31.

Michele'sMav

First Name
Michele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
You got spray-in liner. Ford stopped spray-in for XLT Lux package on all new orders placed after Nov 6th. Only the Lariat Lux package will still have spray-in liner with all new orders
Well they allowed our order of spray-in as add on to our XL ecoboost that was placed 6 days ago, and we even got the build date of 1/31, so we shall see what happens 🤷‍♀️

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You seem to know it all and like spreading all that speculation.
I deep dived so much data and done so much reading from the moment I first saw spy photos on the Maverick, to the point I decided to reserve, all the way to the present day. I have read virtually every on-topic post on this forum (and many that aren't). And I do that with everything in life. Including economics, supply chains, etc.

I'm a boring middle aged man who thoroughly enjoys details and research. That involves studying the past and understanding the present. So naturally that leads to speculation about the future.

So yes, I may come across as a smarty pants and I acknowledge what you quoted was speculative. I don't have any inside knowledge. Just my deductions.

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Received the Order Confirmation Ford email 9-21 of the Caramelized Gray Hybrid Lariat Lux (with the 9-21 date as my clock's start date); joined this Forum 11-15 and from-thin-air set an O/U date of Groundhog Day 2022 as the day this Lariat motors out of the Dealer's lot and into my garage.

Based on this week's flurry (a different very scientific measurement) of emails that were subsequently cross-referenced with their 'Order Date', that O/U day of Groundhog Day 2022 has not budged! I'm taking the under, as the odds favor that call.

We now return you to the riveting telecast featuring a row of refrigerators...

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well they allowed our order of spray-in as add on to our XL ecoboost that was placed 6 days ago, and we even got the build date of 1/31, so we shall see what happens 🤷‍♀️
Yeah, the whole thing with the spary-in bed liner has really gotten me baffled and mad at same time. As i stated in recent post about 2 XL trucks with spary-in bed liner were picked ahead of my Maverick XLT! Salesman said he didn't understand why. Ford has clearly stated that stand alone spary-in bed liner is constraint item yet build dates are still being given to orders and in this case ahead of my order. Makes no sense to me at all. 😡

Michele'sMav

First Name
Michele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
That turnaround time is insane. Most people have been waiting for months, getting a build date in less than a week is unheard of.
Same here we went into dealer last Sat.11/27 To order, XL eco FWD with Spray-in liner, all-weather mats and tow hitch reciever got email Mon11/29 from Ford confirming our order and then Thur 12/2 email came with the build date 1/31 also this was Small dealership Townsend Ford in MA 🤷‍♀️ I don't know how we got so lucky.

donbreiner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To those of us who FE orders but no build date... I mean, they can't just keep skipping over us right? When it's exclusive to first year, we can't just get pushed into MY23. So there's hope there I guess
Yeah, placed order 7/26/21 Lariat, FE, Rapid Red, Luxury Pkg, CoPilot 360. Told by Ford Mavrick CS that my Priority Code is now 2, so that is a plus. Thought I should have a build date in next two weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Sponsored