First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat BAP, 2016 Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks! Now I’m just waiting for my grill bar to get done at the paint shop! Getting that body-matched!
Nice, that should look cool. A blacked out FX4 decal would add to it nicely (if that's even a thing).
Sponsored

OP
OP
24atlasmaverick

24atlasmaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 maverick XLT, Lux, FX4, AWD, 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice, that should look cool. A blacked out FX4 decal would add to it nicely (if that's even a thing).
That is definitely a consideration! Can always have them made!

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Definitely a thing:

Ford Maverick You CAN install Lariat headlights & tail lights on XL / XLT Mavericks! 1073

Sponsored

OP
OP
24atlasmaverick

24atlasmaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OP
OP
24atlasmaverick

24atlasmaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Me pricing this out going id rather rims 1st 😂
The steelies are cheap winter wheels and blizzaks. Finally off the truck in NY!

I have the “optional” (I say more expensive) machined face 17” wheels. Love that design!

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Chris, stop washing it so much, you've already dissolved the grill bar! It's going to look sharp when the painted on is on there for good.
Glad it finally worked, I know the amount of time you had into it.

And, boy, that picture on the hauler looks familiar.

OP
OP
24atlasmaverick

24atlasmaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Chris, stop washing it so much, you've already dissolved the grill bar! It's going to look sharp when the painted on is on there for good.
Glad it finally worked, I know the amount of time you had into it.

And, boy, that picture on the hauler looks familiar.
Thanks! And thanks for listening to me complain about it NOT working haha! Hoping grill is back from shop next week!

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple ford cars and a truck
Engine
Undecided
How much do you have into the headlights. $2200 ish?

Sponsored

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the BAP headlights and taillights but don't like the black interior that comes with it. It's too bad these units are so expensive. Or better yet, not standard across the trims. What doesn't make any sense is that on the online configurator, it depicts every trim with LED DRLs. They've done that since 2023. But in reality, you still have to get the Lariat for the DRLs. But I guess if you really want them, they are able to be retrofitted. Nice look (y)

BullyHayes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Frontier Pro-4X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OT, but I am really digging the look of the grill without the grill bar. Makes it look more rugged and truck-y. I'm not in the business but maybe that's an opportunity for the aftermarket.

OP
OP
24atlasmaverick

24atlasmaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OT, but I am really digging the look of the grill without the grill bar. Makes it look more rugged and truck-y. I'm not in the business but maybe that's an opportunity for the aftermarket.
Thanks haha. Mine is currently off getting painted to body-matched

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those curious, yes, you can make Lariat headlights work on an XL/XLT. You may or may not have seen my many messages and posts trying to gather as much data as possible. The taillights are plug and play (at least on XLT) and the signature lighting works, and the upper DRL’s on the lariat requires you to move one wire for that circuit from a splice with the low beam to its own circuit. On lower models ford does put the wire for the lariat DRL’s in the harness but for some reason splices it to the low beam circuit.

In order to make them work properly, there is also some work in forscan that has to be made in the BCM including disabling the low beams from turning on with DRL, and assigning what the DRL does. If I recall, mine is set to “DRL and position”. From another person who has made these work, sometimes it takes resetting the bcm in forscan to get them to work, more often than not, multiple times. For me it took about a week before they sprang to life.

My goal here was to have an XLT FX4 but add the BAP accents on the exterior, plus the lariat signature lighting.

With that being said, it is possible, but not the easiest nor cheap! Hope this helps someone who is trying to do this!

EDIT: I have run into one issue. With the DRL’s operating with the parking light, they seem to operate at full (daytime) intensity. Still researching on how to correct this! If anyone has any advice on how to fix that problem, I’m all ears.

Edit 2: I went to perform a LIN on BCM to try and see if that could be the cause of this issue. Back to square one! BCM stored codes for shorts to the left and right DRL’s, causing the FET to cut off power. I believe what made them work was I jumped the circuit I re-routed and was able to get around this, allowing the DRL’s to pull voltage. I will keep trying, updating this post along the way!

56BFF7DC-31FA-490B-97FE-B71170FA7120.jpeg

CD74062C-A5C5-4C53-9AB7-52C0AB2F36BD.jpeg

CF9989DD-C83D-4CB9-9BA5-153787409B17.jpeg

BB77C2D3-1EA6-4334-A975-53FC15A7A55F.jpeg

342568EB-140B-4633-9AAA-AC4730336CC7.jpeg

Did you loosen entire grill to remove center bar
For those curious, yes, you can make Lariat headlights work on an XL/XLT. You may or may not have seen my many messages and posts trying to gather as much data as possible. The taillights are plug and play (at least on XLT) and the signature lighting works, and the upper DRL’s on the lariat requires you to move one wire for that circuit from a splice with the low beam to its own circuit. On lower models ford does put the wire for the lariat DRL’s in the harness but for some reason splices it to the low beam circuit.

In order to make them work properly, there is also some work in forscan that has to be made in the BCM including disabling the low beams from turning on with DRL, and assigning what the DRL does. If I recall, mine is set to “DRL and position”. From another person who has made these work, sometimes it takes resetting the bcm in forscan to get them to work, more often than not, multiple times. For me it took about a week before they sprang to life.

My goal here was to have an XLT FX4 but add the BAP accents on the exterior, plus the lariat signature lighting.

With that being said, it is possible, but not the easiest nor cheap! Hope this helps someone who is trying to do this!

EDIT: I have run into one issue. With the DRL’s operating with the parking light, they seem to operate at full (daytime) intensity. Still researching on how to correct this! If anyone has any advice on how to fix that problem, I’m all ears.

Edit 2: I went to perform a LIN on BCM to try and see if that could be the cause of this issue. Back to square one! BCM stored codes for shorts to the left and right DRL’s, causing the FET to cut off power. I believe what made them work was I jumped the circuit I re-routed and was able to get around this, allowing the DRL’s to pull voltage. I will keep trying, updating this post along the way!

CD74062C-A5C5-4C53-9AB7-52C0AB2F36BD.jpeg

CF9989DD-C83D-4CB9-9BA5-153787409B17.jpeg

BB77C2D3-1EA6-4334-A975-53FC15A7A55F.jpeg

How did you remove your center bar from the grill? Did you have to loosen the entire grill section?

OP
OP
24atlasmaverick

24atlasmaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Did you loosen entire grill to remove center bar

How did you remove your center bar from the grill? Did you have to loosen the entire grill section?
Essentially the whole bumper has to come off to separate it, but if you’re careful you can bend the grill back and get to it. Got to remove a bunch of little bolts first then release tabs.
Sponsored