First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's why I also shared this one, which is from Car&Driver's studio shoot. No flash here, can subtly see the upper, lower illumination, and the middle illumination is very noticeable.

I'm just wondering if like others said, it was pre-production and the different lighting for the Lariat got scrapped for cost or supply issues.

1630014679942.png
We can clearly see the middle light on this one. The top and bottom don’t seem to be very bright
This video here shows the Lariat illumination very well. Best I've found so far.
Special Edition? 2022 Ford Maverick First Look, Chicago Auto Show - YouTube
That’s a good video. It appears the middle part is illuminated so I’m going with the top and bottom being reflectors. The middle might be a light though.
Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So those lights lit up like that? You could see it with your naked eye? Strange. I haven’t seen a single other tail light look like that in all the pictures we have so far.

I could be wrong though.
I guess We will know for sure when people start taking delivery.
It was a real event with professional lightning so it could be spot lights hitting it just right.

OP
OP

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
We can clearly see the middle light on this one. The top and bottom don’t seem to be very bright

That’s a good video. It appears the middle part is illuminated so I’m going with the top and bottom being reflectors. The middle might be a light though.
Those are definitely not reflectors top and bottom. Those are 100% illumiated. Whether it's from the normal bulb via an opening in the different housing or LED strips all together. Looks exactly like the illumination of the 2018-2020 F150 tail lights by design.

I've circled the rear and side reflectors in these pics below, that portion is shared between both styles.
XLT: Lariat:
Ford Maverick Lariat Tail Lights vs. XL / XLT difference 1630016941405
Ford Maverick Lariat Tail Lights vs. XL / XLT difference 1630016984611

Both lights illuminated, no flash as they're studio shots. The more I've looked, the more I'm sticking with unique lights on the Lariat. These two side by side are clearly different lights all together and these pictures above are from the same studio, same lighting.

OP
OP

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can see the upper/lower portion of XL/XLT lights has just a generic accent. Probably chrome.
Ford Maverick Lariat Tail Lights vs. XL / XLT difference 1630017178919

Lariat has different texture here, looks like like texture on other Ford models with LED DRL.
Ford Maverick Lariat Tail Lights vs. XL / XLT difference 1630017232336

2020 F150 LED tail for comparison, same textured area as the Maverick lariat lights and we know for sure the 2020 F150 lights are LED DRL.
Ford Maverick Lariat Tail Lights vs. XL / XLT difference 1630017578602

Ford Maverick Lariat Tail Lights vs. XL / XLT difference 1630017610088

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I found this digging around the forum.
Ford Maverick Lariat Tail Lights vs. XL / XLT difference B5F79C99-9C03-4431-8FC2-9C46F69B6A2D

I’ll agree something is going on w these tail lights.

who is going to be the first dealer employee to start looking at p/n to answer some of these questions?

Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From the manual
Notice the listing for the rear side marker HIGH SERIES (LED), and the bulb/socket for the same. I don’t see a mention of anything about the top/bottom areas.

Ford Maverick Lariat Tail Lights vs. XL / XLT difference CA9FECB3-E931-4CE7-B4F2-A60BE00A8A4B
Ford Maverick Lariat Tail Lights vs. XL / XLT difference 0A89987C-DCA1-4756-B6C2-5F2C9E677C33

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
We've got to have someone here who could confirm, who are our well-connected folks? @fordvideoguy

Anyone know more about the Lariat's tail lights. Looks like unique lighting for sure, but no mention in any of Ford docs yet.
Incandescent taillights, xl and xlt are halogen.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Boom, at 14 seconds you can see the XLT brake lights in the wild

j1truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EGolf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh xlt taillight doesn’t look good.. maybe more reason to switch to lariat. Ahh

OP
OP

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Incandescent taillights, xl and xlt are halogen.
I do remember seeing "incandescent" in some Ford literature. I suppose that explains it.
Oh xlt taillight doesn’t look good.. maybe more reason to switch to lariat. Ahh
It looks fine to me, I was just trying to figure out the difference which is simply the incandescent accents. They're nearly identical tail lights outside of that, but yes, just another factor that could help someone on the fence of Lariat/XLT.

Sponsored

bentley72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i think that is still a reflector on the tail light. if it was LED it would flicker like the front light does in the video. that whole display is a giant light box
It's been confirmed as "incandescent" for Lariat, halogen for XL/XLT. The original photos were no flash, so no reflector. A few posts up I circled the actual reflectors that are in the same locations on both types of tail lights.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Wouldn’t a halogen bulb be a premium part opposed to an incandescent bulb in a Lariat trim?
Ford Maverick Lariat Tail Lights vs. XL / XLT difference Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 20.47.57

I went to the Owners Manual under Maintenance I found this snapshot.

That doesn't say anything about it being incandescent or halogen so I looked up. They show this as an incandescent bulb that can be replaced with the WT21-7W LED equivalent bulb.

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 20.47.57.png

I went to the Owners Manual under Maintenance I found this snapshot.

That doesn't say anything about it being incandescent or halogen so I looked up. They show this as an incandescent bulb that can be replaced with the WT21-7W LED equivalent bulb.
Excellent. It’d be nice if the Lariat came equipped with LED’s, but I won’t cry over spilled milk. At least they listed the replacement LED equivalent. Thanks for the info 👍🏻
Sponsored